PDA

View Full Version : To Rami

DennyBoy
February 16th, 2012, 13:01
Hi Rami !

Thanks for your installation guide for CFS 2. I´m use the PTO version. Plenty of files to download 'Puh'. But be interesting to se the result :icon29:Cheers

DennyBoy

Rami
February 16th, 2012, 13:46
DennyBoy,

In the LOD 8 mesh, there's a busted link or corrupted download. Here is the replacement: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=45&id=4041

And here is a fix: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=45&id=495

For the Pacific, Dvslats did the modification of my guide.

As far as the MTO/ETO, you're most welcome. The original impetus for that was to prevent one of most esteemed airfield builders from refusing to work in Europe because of the complexity of the scenery. Had I not written the guide, the ETO wouldn't have all of these airbases we now have.

After it helped him, I figured it would help others, and so the original guide was in the old archive. In the new library, there is the newer ETO and MTO guide, which I update from time to time as new stuff come out.

Fibber
February 16th, 2012, 18:47
Dvslats did a revision for the Pacific? Is that reflected in the guide or a seperate entity?

Rami
February 16th, 2012, 18:50
Fibber,

Yep: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=15272

DennyBoy
February 17th, 2012, 00:26
Hi Rami !

Thanks for the new files The DEM mesh LOD8 #18 is OK but the DEM4m00b_8_fix is corupt.

After I install all the files by the 'letter' using your guide, I have this:

It seams to affect most of the 3rd part scenery and som of the default scenerys.

The 3rd part scenery is MR´s. + Partex textures.

Best Regard
DennyBoy

Shadow Wolf 07
February 17th, 2012, 05:19
"It seams to affect most of the 3rd part scenery and som of the default scenerys."

In fact you have 2 sets of add-on scenery: That which is based on stock shorelines and that which requires the new meshes. All of Maskrider's scenery earlier than his Solomons 2008 (inclusive), most stock bases and most other add-ons won't sit right with the new meshes installed. Maskrider's newer scenery like his new DEI are built on those new mesh schemes and won't sit right on the stock mesh. You have a choice of which you want for the PTO or have 2 PTO installs.

Rami
February 17th, 2012, 06:16
DennyBoy,

If you download and play my three ventures in the Pacific, (D.E.I., DOA, and Papua New Guinea) I actually recommend that you use the LOD 5, 7, and 8 mesh sets, but use the stock Pacific coastlines, not the new water masks. The reason for this is exactly what your pictures explain. About 98% of all the scenery for the Pacific is based on the stock coastlines, flawed they may be.

The only scenery that I believe is built specifically for Rhumbaflappy's newer Pacific water masks is the 2009 D.E.I. airfields, and I think the Marianas. To fix the others would require a herculean effort which will end up with MaskRider, Xavierb, Shadow Wolf 07, Pen32Win, Dog1, and Andnt in padded cells.

It's a different world that Europe and the Med, which has essentially been custom built. :icon29:

DennyBoy
February 18th, 2012, 00:13
Tanks Rami

Well - I´m planed to use the stock textures + Partex PTO and airfields by MaskRider I can use. I´m think as you say, it to mutch work to get the CFS2 pacific perfect. I have other fligtsim to atend to.

I trying to use LOD 5,7 & 8 without watermarks, I´m not bother the coastlines is not exact to the real world.

I have the CFS2 install only for PTO.

Best Regard
DennyBoy:icon_lol: