PDA

View Full Version : Herk Sounds

Jetmechanic
February 13th, 2012, 16:26
I am looking for some sounds for the C-130. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

strikehawk
February 15th, 2012, 17:29
Flightsim.com has this for the P-3...

http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=111600

It should work for the Herc, same engines but on the 130 they were installed upside down.

deathfromafar
February 15th, 2012, 18:04
If you want the best possible T56 sounds, buy a copy of Turboprop Simulations C-130 sound pack. It's $14 from most of the typical flightsim store outlets. Is well worth the money.

Jetmechanic
February 16th, 2012, 13:30
Thanks for the help

robertorizzo
February 17th, 2012, 01:05
@deathfrom..., does it work with Captain Sim FSX Herc? (I do not like 'em at all)

deathfromafar
February 17th, 2012, 08:49
@deathfrom..., does it work with Captain Sim FSX Herc? (I do not like 'em at all)

Yes it does and very well. I've been an owner of the CS C-130 since the day it came out in FS9 and the X version and always hated the sounds. As Strikehawk pointed out above, the KBT P-3 sounds are good and were what I used until my brother bought me a copy of the Turboprop Sim pack on my birthday a while back. I never knew about that soundpack before then. Honestly, I've not had much use of it as my schedule hasn't allowed me much sim time for a while now and my son pretty much dominates my FSX pc now. But from the few times I've had a chance to listen to the payware sounds they sound dead on(as much as a pc simulation of it can come close to).

airattackimages
February 17th, 2012, 18:16
Flightsim.com has this for the P-3...

http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=111600

It should work for the Herc, same engines but on the 130 they were installed upside down.

Yep, same engines but the only problem is the props and exhaust sound very different on the C-130 vs P-3. P-3's prop blades are wider and rotate slower, and the P-3 has a free flow exhaust port while the C-130 Allison has a down firing exhaust port. Those two characteristics combine to give the P-3 a lingering high pitch howl that while similar, is very different and easily distinguished. I could be half drunk and still be able to tell you blindfolded which aircraft was flying past.

And I agree the CS Herc sounds are a joke. And they cut out at full song during the takeoff roll. :173go1:

strikehawk
February 18th, 2012, 19:39
Yep, same engines but the only problem is the props and exhaust sound very different on the C-130 vs P-3. P-3's prop blades are wider and rotate slower, and the P-3 has a free flow exhaust port while the C-130 Allison has a down firing exhaust port. Those two characteristics combine to give the P-3 a lingering high pitch howl that while similar, is very different and easily distinguished. I could be half drunk and still be able to tell you blindfolded which aircraft was flying past.

And I agree the CS Herc sounds are a joke. And they cut out at full song during the takeoff roll. :173go1:

Same here, I spent the majority of my career in the Navy at NAWS Pt Mugu, and between VP-65, VXE-6, VR-55 and the CANG I could tell who was leaving or arriving or just doing hi-powers on the ramp. Funny how much weird stuff stays with you, couple of weeks ago I heard a Hornet going into the break over my workplace. I heard it before anyone else had and was already out the door. Military into KBFL is few and far between and has been for the past 10-15 years so when I hear the "sound of Freedom" it's a treat.