PDA

View Full Version : F/A-18 Korea Gold Demo ...Graphic Sim

Rocktser2
December 20th, 2008, 14:29
Stuck inside again today.........................and went looking for my mis-spent past.....

Demo's...............

If you want to have a little free fun and like a some modern radar and air to air......or Air to Ground ............Download F/A-18 Korea Gold Demo by Graphic Sim.

Click on OpenGL and in will run in XP............

Simple one mission demo...................

Rocktser2
December 20th, 2008, 14:32
More shot..............no carrier in demo..........or I couldn't find it

If you buy this or Iraqi Freedom..............one of the first great Graphic Carrier landings......

Rocktser2
December 20th, 2008, 14:35
Last batch.........thought I had more.

bearcat241
December 20th, 2008, 18:49
I tried this sim a few years ago for a peep...couldn't really get into it after being with Jane's Superhornet for so long. Korea Gold was OK - a different layout design i never got comfy with. But my baby still rules the combat carrier jet scene...:icon31:

And yes, that VC cockpit you see is 100% clickable, ..all the nobs, buttons and switches :wiggle: Even tho' it looks real dark in the overcast weather, its really quite detailed in lighter weather.

Devildog73
December 21st, 2008, 06:27
Is that a Fencer I see?

Rocktser2
December 21st, 2008, 08:48
Close.........................

But it is the much tougher........................Mig-27 Flogger

I get confused...........it is also the Mig-23 flogger???

I like the Mig over the Su because it can land and take off from rougher fields.......

Also.......it is a ground attack aircraft .......a flying tank...........

but........it is now obsolete..........as soon will be the F/A-18

And.....

No question Jane's F/A-18 was one of the best .......if not the best overall F/A-18 simulation available..............

But..........I could'nt find a free demo.............and I don't have my copy here.........so I am going back to Free stuff off the net..........for fun.......

Rocktser2
December 21st, 2008, 09:15
The Mid 1990's to early 2000's ..............was the Flight simulator company era............. Now I don't know what .........but most have disbanded........

Graphic Simulations ......................did a great job and I purchase most of thier products..................except Iraqi Freedom.

Jane's disbanded..........so has Razorworks..............IMagic or Digital Intergration......Microprose................Spectr um Holybyte........

Spectrum Holybyte ...Falcon 3.0 came out in a box almost 1 foot square...........................

Speaking of Mig-27...........they gave out a entire book with the game on recognition................great info box set.

Rocktser2
December 21st, 2008, 10:50
Looks like there is a Mig-23 in there with the white cone nose...........

Thats one of the diff between Mig-27 and Mig-23 ......radar nose........

Mig-23 was Air to Air .................where I think the Mig-27 is a bomber..............

You see that is what is going on in the F/A-18 Korea Gold Demo........

in the mission.........the Mig-23 are coming as air to air............followed by the Mig-27 bombers.......

Rocktser2
December 21st, 2008, 13:23
Looks like the Migs are your Nemisis...................in F/A-18 Korea Gold....

There is a Bear bomber in here too.................

but........in the game I think you come up against Mig-29's and Su-27.... and Mig-25's too........

I am having fun with this ...........sorry.........I know this is CFS2......but fun little free demo........