PDA

View Full Version : TrackIR

brettt777
February 11th, 2012, 21:01
What is the trick to getting my TrackIR 5 working in CFS3?

Human Drone
February 13th, 2012, 05:16
I'm using it - and loving it - my system specs are in my siggie. The only problem I have is that I want to assign a joystick button to the F12 "Recenter" function and that doesn't seem to work by using the profiler in the TrackIR application.

What problems are you having? Does the TrackIR application load? Can you see the spherical grid and settings pane, and your reflectors showing up in the camera view window?

One problem I had with stability was too much light behind me, but installing a dimmer on the room light fixed that.

After that, though, once I had TrackIR installed and running, I "center up", start CFS3 and away I go. I did'nt have to "tell" CFS3 anything about having TrackIR, as I recall.

Best,

Tom

brettt777
February 18th, 2012, 10:47
I'm using it - and loving it - my system specs are in my siggie. The only problem I have is that I want to assign a joystick button to the F12 "Recenter" function and that doesn't seem to work by using the profiler in the TrackIR application.

What problems are you having? Does the TrackIR application load? Can you see the spherical grid and settings pane, and your reflectors showing up in the camera view window?

One problem I had with stability was too much light behind me, but installing a dimmer on the room light fixed that.

After that, though, once I had TrackIR installed and running, I "center up", start CFS3 and away I go. I did'nt have to "tell" CFS3 anything about having TrackIR, as I recall.

Best,

Tom

TrackIR works fine in all my other sims. It loads and I get the grid, etc. Oddly enough, I installed CFS3 PTO Rising Sun and Track IR works fine in that and the original CFS3. It just doesn't work in CFS3 Korea, which is the one I play the most. Now, I will definitely be uninstalling Rising Sun; there are some serious flaws in the flight models. I try to dogfight against an A6M2 Zero (set on rookie) in an F9F Panther, a jet with 20mm cannons. If I'm not screaming along at 400 kts +, he can keep up with me and out turn me, out shoot me, everything. And trying to fly off a carrier, forget it. The Zero's are on the ship and tearing up my plane before I can get it started. Ridiculous. Anyway, the point being, TrackIR works in everything but CFS3 Korea. I've never had to do anything to any of the other sims to make it work; I wouldn't think I would need to do anything to CFS3 Korea.

Human Drone
February 19th, 2012, 14:03
Gee, I guess I can't help you, then. At present I'm only using it with CFS3 ETO and it's fine. I don't even recall having to "tell" CFS3 that it's there. Perhaps someone better at this than I am will be along.

Also, give Rising Sun some time, it's still a beta. These guys work hard on thsi stuff, i couldn't hope to have the time, much less the ability, to do this kind of stuff. So let them know where you're haveing problems- we're all beta testers now on thsi one - and believe me, they'll work on it.

Best,

Tom