PDA

View Full Version : Leaving FSX - It's Time to Go

MenendezDiego
February 11th, 2012, 13:50
Hey guys,

I have enjoyed my time with FSX, but it must come to an end.

I can tolerate people not liking a certain product, but when things get racist...that's when it's time to go.

You may remember a certain individual who was banned for calling the Milviz F-15E a 'toilet'...well he has found my YouTube channel and made the following comment, 'go back to the TACOBELL head for the border and take ur Gay- watches with you..'

I'd like to thank those who made this experience a pleasure. It really has been. But when people start making racist comments on videos not related to FSX, simply because they have a gripe with an FSX aircraft...it's time to go.

All the best, Diego

stiz
February 11th, 2012, 13:53
.. or you could ignore them .. ?

Roger
February 11th, 2012, 14:06
Diego, If every goddam, pathetic, little hitler, racist could cause a person to leave their hobby then I guess most of us, at some time would have gone away. Low class pond scum like that have only one thing that they think they're good at and that's intimidating someone with puerile, bigot's language. Pm me with any identification intel you have and if he's a member here he will not be for a second longer. With id he will not be a member anywhere in the community as I would communicate this information to all the major Fs websites.

Barnes
February 11th, 2012, 14:07
We know who the winner is going to be - its not you, its also not us fans of yours, its the bleeping bleeper on U tube. But I salute you and wish you well.

PRB
February 11th, 2012, 14:10
Diego, I was about to respond to this in the manner that Roger just did. So I'll just add, don't let these ignorant morons drive you away from what you love. You can't fix stupid, and you have legions of support here, at a minimum. Don't let them win.

sinanziric
February 11th, 2012, 14:13
J.B.TITO Said: "This US Wheat is better than Soviet one that we did not get"
"Milviz F-15E is better than his -> he don't even know have to make FSX plane, yet he call yours a "toilet""
Racism should be punishable by death, i Will BUY F-15 in protest, even if i dont fly US military jets.

also, I hereby request that ALL swastika logos from aircraft paintkits shoud be banned on this forum, i was INSULTED
when i saw it yesterday

Roger
February 11th, 2012, 14:21
Diego, thanks for the pm, we're working on it:applause:

strykerpsg
February 11th, 2012, 14:22
Diego,

Really? I've seen you spar on here and you carry yourself quite well. As has been pointed out by the previous posters, by leaving, you give him the victory and you loose not only your hobby, but some self dignity as well by giving into idiots like that. You can persevere through it, if you want or cave in and reward him with satisfaction. I am certain there are more than enough connected personnel on here and other forums, that can spread the word in other forums and get him banned most everywhere. Let's put him on the defensive and make him retire into the shadows. It's not to say he won't return again, but we can at least keep him in check with his current screen name and when he re-surfaces, pop him again. Sorta like whack a mole.

Anyway, its your call either way. I certainly would hate to see you leave because of all you have brought to our hobby, but support you however it ends. Please don't hesitate to ask for help in squashing the shat head. I love tracking down cowards and making them look over their shoulders all the time.

Matt

CP1207
February 11th, 2012, 14:38
Stay around my friend.
Can't let the ignorant little idiots wear you down.
I've been called much worse face to face in real life when I was in law enforcement.
The little trolls on the Internet are really trying to ruin it for all of us, can't let them win just yet.
And dammit, I'm here to escape real life. I love the FS world and all the cool stuff that is recently being provided.
Might even have to buy a plane tonight that I don't need to have (bush flyer- having a hell of a time getting that T-38 down on grass fields without ripping off what little wings they have as I sail past the end of the runway into the trees):salute:

MenendezDiego
February 11th, 2012, 14:40
Thanks for the support guys. It really means a lot.

I am at a turning point in my life right now. I am nearing the completion of my education, and will soon be off to OTS.

I need to focus on real world flying/getting my things together before the big move into military life.

I will always check back here to see what's new, but my time as an active member must come to an end.

In short, I'd rather focus my time and energy on real world flying/achieving a life long goal, than putting up with racists.

I have dealt with racism ever since I moved to the United States in 2001, literally since day 1.

Next time you guys see me, it will be a photo of my CF-188 graduation ceremony.

All the best, Diego

P.S. Thanks again so much for the support. You guys rock!

strykerpsg
February 11th, 2012, 14:44
OK, reading through the postings, I know who you're talking of now. He'll end up with only one home and perhaps they will be just as intolerant as most would be, toward his ignorance and ban him as well.

Anyway, as has been pointed out, he doesn't give nearly as much to the hobby as you do and it would be an utter shame if you allowed him to force you to leave here in this fashion. I am confident Roger and crew on here will do the right thing after it's investigated properly. I would forward his comments to Roger to make the process even quicker, since he logs onto here rather regularly.

Matt

CG_1976
February 11th, 2012, 14:50
"Next time you guys see me, it will be a photo of my CF-188 graduation ceremony."
:salute:Good luck, I know you'll make a excellent CF-188 Pilot. Look forward to seeing you in my FOL soon.

Roger
February 11th, 2012, 14:57
Good luck Diego, sounds like a great future! We'll still try and hunt this down as I abhor racism.

hey_moe
February 11th, 2012, 14:58
Diego, doing what you are about to do is what he was trying to accomplish. You leave he wins...you stay he just gets pissed off. It takes a real immature turd to post something like that, just ignore him....Mike

Skyhawk_310R
February 11th, 2012, 15:20
Diego,

I very much want to see that graduation photo, my friend!

Ken

svicar
February 11th, 2012, 15:21
Don't let this human effluent get you down. There are many here and elsewhere who appreciate your input, (myself included). Good luck with your flying goals and if you ever find yourself north of the border say, in the Victoria BC area, let me know. I'd be pleased to show you around.

jeansy
February 11th, 2012, 15:25
Diego, doing what you are about to do is what he was trying to accomplish. You leave he wins...you stay he just gets pissed off. It takes a real immature turd to post something like that, just ignore him....Mike

MD i agree with moe, just turn you nose up at him, ingore him or better agree with him with every thing, deny him his little ego trip, one

thing we're good at here in australia is that when someone has a dig at you, instead of getting upset or trying to counter act the insult is, take a bigger dig at yourself in jest and go a long with it, it normally throws it back at the clown who tried to upset you without you getting personal, plus you normally you get a laugh instead of hurt feelings

no matter at the end of the day I think 99.99999999% of members here and people who bought your bird, dont want to see you go, after your work with the 15E I was looking forward to see what you have planned for the furture

strykerpsg
February 11th, 2012, 15:25
Don't let this human effluent get you down. There are many here and elsewhere who appreciate your input, (myself included). Good luck with your flying goals and if you ever find yourself north of the border say, in the Victoria BC area, let me know. I'd be pleased to show you around.

Aren't CF-118's Canadian Hornets? He will be defending your part of the woods me thinks..... ;)

Matt

svicar
February 11th, 2012, 15:29
Aren't CF-118's Canadian Hornets? He will be defending your part of the woods me thinks..... ;)

Matt

That would be correct. I think we still have a couple still operational, lol. Not that we ground forces folks would ever disparage our winged comrads! :salute::ernae::salute:

Blade124
February 11th, 2012, 15:30
Diego,

Well Diego its your choice, but you will be dealing with that wherever you go (has nothing to do with FSX), and as bad as you think it is, many have it a lot worse than you. Do what you want, but don't make a little guy like that change your direction.

Scott

delta558
February 11th, 2012, 15:30
Diego,

I very much want to see that graduation photo, my friend!

Ken

That graduation photo is going to bring both you and a lot of others (here included) a great sense of pride - Looking forward to it, it's things like that which matter rather than idiotic comments that have no place either in this community or outside it.

stovall
February 11th, 2012, 16:34
Diego, looks like we took care of the person in question correctly by banning him. You need to stick around just to let him and others know such comments are not tolerated here and never will be. Looking forward to seeing you at graduation. I wish you all the luck in the world. But again, stick around.

airattackimages
February 11th, 2012, 17:13
I know exactly how you feel and I don't blame you. In fact, the other day I was driving down the road in my Chevy truck, when I saw this jerk cutting through traffic and almost hitting people. Flipping people off and cussing. So he cuts around me and you'll never guess -- he was in ANOTHER Chevy truck. Just like mine. I pulled off the side of the road, dumbfounded. I thought about it for a minute, then I got out of my truck and left it right there on the side of the road. Dropped the keys right in the cupholder for anyone that wants to take it. From now on, I'll ride the bus.

Bone
February 11th, 2012, 17:55
Personally, I don't think you should quit because of some loser who has a membership here, although I know how you feel. Simply put, they're tools, if not the entire tool box.

Don't be a quiter...that's not who you are. That's who they are.

dandog
February 11th, 2012, 18:24
I've always said ' If your not paying my mortgage or otherwise supporting me, I dont care what you you think of me!" I also say, "If you are going to be a turd, go outside and lay down in the grass". Insecure people love to attack others. I wanted fly for the military, but I am too short and have bad eyesight. Oh well.

Daniel

strykerpsg
February 11th, 2012, 18:32
Well, I agree you should stick around long enough for him to see you're not going to run away and the amount of support you have that he obviously does not, hence the banning. Though they cat I thought compared your work to a toilet isn't banned, so my detective skills suck. ;)

Anyway, I always thought fighter pilot types were much more aggressive by nature and went for the kill.....stirring the pot a bit to get you to stick around.......

Matt

norab
February 11th, 2012, 19:42
Don't give the idiot the satisfaction of your leaving. It will rankle him much more if you stay, besides which, people with your level of talent and devotion are too great an asset to let slip away. If you do leave, pPlease return as soon as your training permits and post your graduation photo so we can all show our pride in you.

Marvin Carter
February 11th, 2012, 19:49
You are letting this small peepee person run you life, no doubt he is sitting in his mothers basement thinking he is a real big man, but sadly he is just what he is, a small peepee asshat with no life, and nothing better to do than cause greef and anger. I have had to deal with this type before and I know how you fell, do what makes you make you fell better, I did. Oh by the way if I had just five min. in a room with me and him, he would never do it again, I am really good at attitude adjustment!!! Sorry done with Rant.

Tom@Cr1-Software
February 11th, 2012, 20:03
MEHH, TELL HIM TO SHOVE IT UP HIS ***-****!

You wernt around in the "good" old days when Crashwoody--> Me-- was spurned on a daily basis, and the Pm's I got were ermmm... pretty colorfull. Lol :)

People like that are usless to society in general. They are of no use to them selves either, so they make up for their useless existence by putting other good folks down either privatly or publicly. It also shows the depth of their intellegence. So dont quit just cuz a idiot gives you a hard time, you are better and stronger than that. Dont give them the victory, just carry on as you were and know that you have good friends here and we think you do good stuff.

Think of the guy as dog doodoo on your shoe,( THAT IS HIM) just wipe the crap off and keep on trucken.

I made it this far, Im sure you will too!
Tom Wood-Crashwoody
Lead Designer.

:)

cortomalteseit
February 12th, 2012, 00:01
Diego,
don't let those stupid comments from stupid persons will change your hobbies. Don't let it win, never.
Good luck!
Daniele/Lupo2

robertorizzo
February 12th, 2012, 00:16
C'mon Diego sit down and count to 100; forever decisions are always taken in a momentary state of mind. Have abreath and look how many will miss you.

Gibbage
February 12th, 2012, 00:20
Diago. I have had do deal with similar things in my life as a simmer. I found you need a good thick skin sadly. There are a few bad apples, but dont let them spoil the rest. Overall, compaired to many groups, simmers are some of the most "adult" groups out there. Well except when it comes to MS Flight that is. Heh.

No matter what group your in, you will ALWAYS find a troll. They live off of your reaction and feed off of your anger. The only way to deal with them is to ignore them. You quitting means you just gave this troll a huge victory and will only encourage more of this from him. DONT LET HIM WIN!!!!

BrittMac
February 12th, 2012, 00:38
Wow. Diego, I have to say that you should not care what someone says about you or anything you work on when it comes to the internet. First off, no one is exactly like you. You cannot expect them to be, and should not want them to be. You are you, and should like that. Many will be like you, but not be you.

I, for one, appreciate your contribution to FlightSimming. I am not the majority, but the posts here on SOH should show you that Youtube sucks for opinions and that you should take stock of what your supporters say. Don't give up on this community. I sincerly hope that you do well in your military career. If anyone here can help you in any way, I am sure they will. I don't have my PPL yet, but I will help you in any way I can.(I'm about to start working on mine)

Don't worry about derogatory remarks online. They are online, and 99.9% of those guys that post that online do not have the testicular fortitude to do it in person. They don't have experience with what you are contributing to either. If they did, they should have spoken up about it, instead of complaining about it after the fact. If they don't want to be constructive, let them be destructive to themselves. F them, basically. If they don't understand that FSX only has "so much" that can be done with it, then let it be their problem. Do not let it be yours, because it is not your problem.

Take care, and good luck in your future!

MenendezDiego
February 12th, 2012, 00:46
Guys,

After reading all the posts and doing some thinking, I've decided on the following:

A) I'm going to stick it to this mother by sending him a personally signed photo of myself, next to my CF-188 on graduation day.

B) I am going to stick around the forums and continue giving updates on projects that I am testing.

The support you guys have given me is overwhelming and has given me new hope.

You guys absolutely rock, Diego

Edit: You guys got me so motivated, I went ahead and filmed another AIM-9 video: http://youtu.be/Rn9QCFR033k?hd=1

cortomalteseit
February 12th, 2012, 02:19
Guys,

After reading all the posts and doing some thinking, I've decided on the following:

A) I'm going to stick it to this mother by sending him a personally signed photo of myself, next to my CF-188 on graduation day.

B) I am going to stick around the forums and continue giving updates on projects that I am testing.

Edit: You guys got me so motivated, I went ahead and filmed another AIM-9 video: http://youtu.be/Rn9QCFR033k?hd=1

Well done!!!! :salute:

huub vink
February 12th, 2012, 02:26
Diego thanks for all your contributions to our hobby. I'm amazed to read how some peole behave, but don't let it get you.

Good luck with graduation!

Huub

jankees
February 12th, 2012, 03:41
Hi Diego, I'm sad to hear that there are idiots out there that so annoyed you that you were ready to give up what you like to do.
I'm also glad to hear that you are reconsidering, don't let the idiots get to you, remember, they are idiots, angry, but above all afraid, afraid of you and me and anything and anybody that is different from them. Imagine living a life like that...sad, really, you'd almost pity them, if only they weren't so stupid and malicious.
Good luck,

JanKees

gigabyte
February 12th, 2012, 07:27
Guys,

Good on you Diego, hold your head high and never EVER listen to small minded racist morons, especially the cowards that think they are so smart and post crap like that on public forums - remember they feel all high and might mostly because they can spout that "claptrap" online, they don't have the guts to do it face to face. The only thing most of them would have the guts to do in person would be tuck their tail between their legs and run if they had to "attempt" to justify any of their garbage.

Best of luck to you in your real life goals and I look forward to seeing that Grad pic to, it's folks like you that are my hero's, men & women that volunteer to serve and protect the rights and freedoms of those of us that can't, even the rights and freedoms of the small minded bigots whether they deserve your service or not.

Naruto-kun
February 12th, 2012, 08:20
Thanks for deciding to stick around bud. It'll be awesome to have a real fighter pilot among the testers at Milviz :icon_lol:

Barnes
February 12th, 2012, 08:40
Great news that you will stay around and even more exciting about your career

big-mike
February 12th, 2012, 08:42
No way for those stupids!
Follow your own way,i believe you are doing it right.
Hope to hear more about your career.
I wish you all the best.
Michael

Daveroo
February 12th, 2012, 09:17
this whole thing got me to thinking of some things that has happened in my life over the years,,im a white male who is openly bisexual....that itself gets me introuble for the reason of homosexuality...i have many mexican and black friends,its a product of living in california,ive seen/heard and im ashamed to say..said some racist things in the past..knowing it most likely hurt in the long run..but in the context at the time,we didnt think it was hurtfull or harmfull,as we were all high fiving and calling eachother names....( you had to be there),,,but later,(after this one drunken incident) several of us sat down and talked,were our comments what we really felt about eachother?..or was it the alcohol?....we decided we couldnt be as close friends as we were if it truely felt that way about eachother,and we as a group never said those words again..i flet we ( my group) learned from talking about it openly and honestly..heck....we even allowed GIRLS to join our little gatherings...hehehe....ok that was sort of a joke...but its still true...bottomline is...racisum sucks hindtit...as does intolerance..i remember back when there was a youngman here in SOH who had the fact that he was gay on his profile and on his icon thingy and someone told him to remove it...i believe he removed himself then as well...i could ramble on..but wont....

dougal
February 12th, 2012, 09:58
Nicely reconsidered Diego. You win AND we win!

Please remember though, that sadly, you're just as likely to find racism in the military than on these forums, probably a whole lot more. Having spent over 17 years there I've seen it in all varieties. It sickens one to the very core!

n4gix
February 12th, 2012, 10:51

Diego, someone who chooses to use that as a screen name has some rather serious issues of his own to deal with.

Roger
February 12th, 2012, 11:57
I'm closing this now as no more good can come from this discussion.