PDA

View Full Version : HDMI to Monitor; Quick question

OleBoy
February 11th, 2012, 10:13
Currently I'm using a Samsung SA 550 monitor. It's connected via the standard analog-type cable. On the average this method is fine.

My question pertains (mainly FSX visual quality) to the option of connecting via the HDMI on the motherboard, to the HDMI on the monitor. Will I notice any difference?

If so, I'm on my way to town now. I thought I'd pick one up if it helped anything.

gradyhappyg
February 11th, 2012, 10:20
I can't really tell any difference visually.
But it is a smaller plug and cable easier to hide behind the desk and unplug for cleaning..
Wasn't that expensive either.
I would say go for it.

OleBoy
February 11th, 2012, 10:24
Thanks for the quick reply GHG.

About the only thing I have to consider if/when getting one, is diameter of the cable (heavier the better) and stay under 6ft length from what I read elsewhere.

OleBoy
February 26th, 2012, 08:12
Time to awaken my question to ask another. This time in a slightly different direction in the use of an HDMI cable. (I never did buy the HDMI cable.)

While speaking to a few members (Larry, Rob) concerning graphics (artwork, repaints, etc), the subject of two monitors came up and how a second would be beneficial to display resource material on a second screen while working.
Something I never gave a thought until now.

I'm running a GTX570 video card. On it there are two outputs, VGA and HDMI. My 24" monitor, connected VGA.
My other monitor is a 20", of which I would like to add as a 2nd for more work space.

Question is; Can I connect another monitor to the HDMI and achieve the high resolution that it's capable of putting out?