PDA

View Full Version : Anyone a SCUBA diver? (SeaBee Repaint)

Killbilly
February 11th, 2012, 07:13
I thought I'd try my hand at a second SeaBee paint. This one is meant for when I get too cold flying around the Pacific Northwest and want to warm up doing some diving in the South Pacific. The SeaBee would make a great dive boat, don't ya think? Maybe Gibbage will put the pilot in a wetsuit and put some tanks and a gear bag in the back? :wiggle:

It's still WIP, but I plan on uploading here sometime on Monday.

bentwing
February 11th, 2012, 07:43
Very cool! :icon_lol:

pilottj
February 11th, 2012, 12:16
Thats a beautiful paint Brian, the Seabee would make a good bird for diving from....just don't fly too high after diving..thats what they told us...lol.:icon29:

racartron
February 11th, 2012, 13:07
Great job Killbilly!! It seems that the Seabee has unleashed a tiger among the paint slappers here -- stripes and all (hint, hint). If y'all are this good after just two liveries, one hestitates to ponder your work after a few dozen:guinness::guinness:

Killbilly
February 12th, 2012, 10:12
For those interested, I had some extra time this morning (a rare treat for me); so I finished a few things, boxed her up, and put her in the library here. I think she's there and ready to go. The Maori-esque shark on the fuselage and design on the wings are intended to give her a more tropical flavor. You'll find a little tropical flavor taped to the dash panel as well. :kilroy: I'm still new to this, so be understanding of any flaws. Enjoy; but, as pilottj mentioned, keep it under 2000' ASL for at least 12 hours after you dive.

Dexdoggy
February 12th, 2012, 17:23
Killbilly that is fantastic!
Yep, long time SCUBA diver, I used to instruct too. Will be loading this up!
Biggest pain would be getting back in after the dive!
...and keeping below about 150 feet :icon_lol: (to reduce risk of barotrauma or a decompression related problem) (or wait about 48 hours!)
...and make sure you anchored your plane well so it's still there when you come back!

olderndirt
February 12th, 2012, 17:39
Two for two - early yet but you're batting 1000.