PDA

View Full Version : Skysim BAe Systems Hawk

Aaron
February 10th, 2012, 13:08
Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have been looking at the Skysim Hawk and was wondering if I should get it or not. The model looks great however the website is never updated and there is no security certificate. I have also read about the many bad comments of the customer service provided by Skysim. I did read that Rick Piper was thinking of making it feeware. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

All the best

Aaron

Ian Warren
February 10th, 2012, 16:52
Aaron , I have had since release and i still say its better than the Lotus Sim L39 but in contact with Rick he went the other way , the loadouts and livery,s , generally my perspective is because it looks a military trainer , i credit the 39 for fun especially in Multiplay , guess i'm the only NZFF MPer that has Ricks model so can't compare .. .. but my first is still Hawk .

mjrhealth
February 10th, 2012, 21:54
Have you looked at Dinos goshawk, best freeware avaliable

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Download

Aaron
February 11th, 2012, 00:55
Thanks for the replies, the goshawk is really nice. Do anyone know of any freeware Hawk's online that have a red arrows livery?

VaporZ
February 11th, 2012, 04:44
Aaron , I have had since release and i still say its better than the Lotus Sim L39 but in contact with Rick he went the other way , the loadouts and livery,s , generally my perspective is because it looks a military trainer , i credit the 39 for fun especially in Multiplay , guess i'm the only NZFF MPer that has Ricks model so can't compare .. .. but my first is still Hawk .

I fully agree with you !

This Skysim Hawk is one of the best payware I bought and I had excellent after sale service contacting directly Rick Piper by email.
I still enjoy flying it on a weekly basis.

The Lotus L-39 payware is also one of my favorite but compared to the Hawk, the jet engine spool time of the L-39, very close to the real
ones, needs to always anticipate your flying 10 seconds in advance of any throttle input.
Input response time of the Hawk's Adour jet engine is by far quicker and most powerfull.
:mixedsmi:
VaporZ

Matt Wynn
February 11th, 2012, 05:02
the Skysim Hawk was originally developed by Rick to represent a T.1 of the Red Arrows, i discovered this after attempting the 2010 RAF Display Hawk Paint and asking Him about the mapping issues...

Ian Warren
February 11th, 2012, 11:31
the Skysim Hawk was originally developed by Rick to represent a T.1 of the Red Arrows, i discovered this after attempting the 2010 RAF Display Hawk Paint and asking Him about the mapping issues...

And with that possibly part of the reason on development on a latter model but course the RAF could not afford access to Rick , a good friend in the UK sent me a copy off the Vulcan,s year , one comment mentioned by one Joe public said rather see one Vulcan than the Arrows .. why not put two together , one helps the other out .. access to the later model Hawks to Rick and have some of the proceeds go the XH558 , Rick wins , Red Arrows wins and we win by getting update Hawk and you get a real Vulcan to boot .. you WIN

William Njurmi
February 12th, 2012, 12:20
This nice looking plane would definitely gather more customers if sold in the established sim resellers.