PDA

View Full Version : Iron Sky premieres on 11th.

FlyingFinn
February 9th, 2012, 02:31
Py_IndUbcxc

Looks promising in every possible way. Moon Nazis with space zeppelins and flying saucers, female redneck for US president... It's gonna be epic!:173go1:

Terry
February 9th, 2012, 02:39
Right! Can't see anyone passing that up.

kilo delta
February 9th, 2012, 02:57
Right! Can't see anyone passing that up.

Yep...based on a true story too!

:icon_lol:

wombat666
February 9th, 2012, 05:05
Yawn.........:kilroy:

Lateral-G
February 9th, 2012, 05:44
Put that one on my Netflix wish list......

Jagdflieger
February 9th, 2012, 06:11
Pure escape entertainment with apologies to no one in the "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" genre. Looks like fun.

CWOJackson
February 9th, 2012, 08:32
With films like this I don't mind if the aircraft have unrealistic performance and the story is Hollywood.

redriver6
February 9th, 2012, 09:27
well i guess we can add nazi-spaceships (not to mention terminators and decepticons) to the list of Hawg victims....I toll ya the AF was stoopid for cutting Hawg sqadrons..........:kilroy::icon_lol:

http://www.boomspeed.com/redriver6/a_10.jpg

AndyG43
February 9th, 2012, 14:38
Ooh, I've been looking forward to this, Space Nazis & zeppelins, how can that one miss. :jump::jump: Their last film (Star Wreck) was a rather neat Star Trek/Babylon 5 spoof, very quirky.

Jagdflieger
February 10th, 2012, 09:55
Star Wreak? I've never heard of that one. I'm going to have to look it up. For an old Star Treak fan, that too sounds like fun on a winter evening at home. Wife, popcorn, big glass of milk ... Oh yeah!

HouseHobbit
February 10th, 2012, 12:32
YEA!!! Love a Good scifi movie..
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Piglet
February 10th, 2012, 20:18
Sarah Palin vs the Moon Nazis!!! Hee Haw!
Too bad they flubbed some of the details.....
See what's wrong in pic.58535

Jagdflieger
February 10th, 2012, 20:22
The pistol is a left hand image of a P 08 Luger. The safety lever, magazine release button and take down lever should be on the other side. Perhaps our lunar Nazis morphed into a left handed race due their reduced weight on Terra Luna and thus developed left handed weapons ...

Just shot one a few months ago at one of our annual shoot-a-thons in Central Washington.

stansdds
February 11th, 2012, 04:55
The pistol is a left hand image of a P 08 Luger. The safety lever, magazine release button and take down lever should be on the other side. Perhaps our lunar Nazis morphed into a left handed race due their reduced weight on Terra Luna and thus developed left handed weapons ...

Just shot one a few months ago at one of our annual shoot-a-thons in Central Washington.

Not really one of the most reliable pistols ever designed, but ground breaking for its era.

So, Iron Sky, is finally going to be released? Oh, looks like Sarah Palin is the president and was that Mitt Romney as vice-president? :icon_lol:

FlyingFinn
February 11th, 2012, 16:43
Well, the tickets to the premier in Berlin were sold out in ~2 hours, and in less than a day, that trailer got 1.1 million views.. not bad for a movie that was made with mere 7.5 million Euros. ( Which is by far the most expensive Finnish movie ever.. Even though the actors are mostly German and speak English :icon_lol:)

stansdds
February 12th, 2012, 04:41
It looks like an interesting film, but then again I thought Shock Waves was pretty good too!

For those that never heard of the film Shock Waves. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076704/

FlyingFinn
March 16th, 2012, 06:33
a new sneak peek, first minutes of the film.

uX2cS8wvQHI

magoo
March 16th, 2012, 14:02
I Don't know if I have the energy.

Somewhere in there I see a cameo by Michael Moore while Hollywood complains about going bust due to piracy and Netflicks, all the while ignoring the continued ramification of tossing millions/billions into stupid scripts...hmmm...insultingly stoopid scripts, and I inadvertantly blow a mouthful of Guiness right out my nose and all over the moniter.....

How could one salvage it?

Sarah & Mitt....

Bring Leslie Nielson back to life, and give him the lead role.

Jeez, I truly miss him. He really could make stupid stuff go right, with a gleam in his eye the you just knew.

You just knew!

muletrain
March 16th, 2012, 16:57
"Fascinating"...as Mr Spock would have said!:icon_lol: