PDA

View Full Version : Directv users....do you??

Daveroo
February 8th, 2012, 08:54
any of you who use directv service ,have your reciever connected to your internet?

i turned off,or got rid of,my landline telephone a longtime ago and use my smartphone,so i dont have a phoneline connected to my reciever,but when i upgraded to the HD-DVR system several years ago now,and to wireless ATT DSL,i used a wired eithernet cable and connected my HD-DVR to my internet.i used to just use the menu button and then search and browse to look for you tube vids...over the weekend my dad and i hooked his to the internet and waited the 24 hrs to have it load..the youtube wouldnt work,so i called directv,and asked if there was a problem and the guy told me that they go alot of questions about the fact it stopped working ( the search/you tube)...he said they were working on the you tube issue and other features but he couldnt give me a timeline to expect a working system...he kept being really evasive about it..i thought it was odd..

today i turn on my TV and i get a message that we now have Pandora on our systems...menu/extras/..and in there is a selection of options..youtube,pandora,apps,and others...you click on yout ube type in something like C130..or DO228 and get potloads of videos of planes,,in FULL screen....tiny lil boxes on our monitors...full sceen on tv..37 inch HD in my case...and then for pandora..you use www.pandora.com/directv and a user code and then select favorite artist's and it creates a playlist automatically on your reciever,,you can go in and change it later via your remote..

i love it myself.....LOL

PRB
February 9th, 2012, 08:26
I have similar configuration: Rirect TV, no land line, DVR connected to Internet via wireless router. I haven't tried surfing the Internet through the TV, but have tried pay-per-view movies, which have to download to the DVR before you can watch them, which sometimes takes an hour or longer. Works ok though, but sometimes the download gets interuppted half way though, which is annoying.

Terry
February 9th, 2012, 08:32
Everyone should get Directv, after all you don't want to end up with a grandchild with a dog collar!!!