PDA

View Full Version : Any freeware Super Corsairs for CFS2?

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
February 7th, 2012, 16:40
I have a question to ask.

Is there any freeware F2G Super Corsairs, besides the VB planes version?

oldwheat
February 8th, 2012, 07:20
As far as I am aware, the VB bird is only show in town so far.

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
February 8th, 2012, 08:28
How about making a Goodyear F2G out of a Stock Corsair with a four bladed prop?

Can you do that TheB24Guy?

Can anyone make one?

The B24 Guy
February 8th, 2012, 09:57
How about making a Goodyear F2G out of a Stock Corsair with a four bladed prop?

Can you do that TheB24Guy?

Can anyone make one?

I doubt it.
Mixing older models with newer ones does not seem to work.

Regards,
B24Guy

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
February 8th, 2012, 11:59
how about Updating the VB Planes model using gmax? Has gramps made any planes recently?

bearcat241
February 8th, 2012, 15:13
You should let this one go Boeing. Gramps is happily retired from CFS2 work and it seems there aren't any other takers on this request. Historically, the F2G model was never that popular in the line, which may explain why we never got any further updates in CFS2 designs beyond the VB model. IMO, the old VB model gets the job done. If you really have to have something fresher, you could always buy the FS2004 AH Late Corsairs package and convert the F2G included.

Ian Astill
February 8th, 2012, 15:19
You should let this one go Boeing. Gramps is happily retired from CFS2 work and it seems there aren't any other takers on this request. ..........

Patience Bearcat, He only asked 24 hours ago, some developers may be away from their computer for weeks!

Talon
February 8th, 2012, 15:47
Patience Bearcat, He only asked 24 hours ago, some developers may be away from their computer for weeks!

Actually Ian he expects people to jump and do his requests as soon as he asks. Look at some of his other posts on requests. Even in this post he is trying to get Gramps and TheB24Guy to do it because he didn't get the answer he wanted.

Talon

bearcat241
February 9th, 2012, 01:06
... some developers may be away from their computer for weeks!

Or permanently residing in civi sims these days http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon23.gif

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
February 9th, 2012, 08:14
Is there anyone who is willing to make a F2G Super Corsair using the VB planes version updated with gmax for CFS2?

Ian Astill
February 9th, 2012, 08:49
You don't really help yourself much, have you read anything in this thread??

The B24 Guy
February 9th, 2012, 09:19
You don't really help yourself much, have you read anything in this thread??

:icon_lol:

Well you can't fault the guy for trying.

Regards,
B24Guy

Rami
February 9th, 2012, 09:30
Good afternoon,

I understand the frustration and agree with the principle, but let's refrain from personal attacks. :a1451:

Talon
February 9th, 2012, 11:31
Is there anyone who is willing to make a F2G Super Corsair using the VB planes version updated with gmax for CFS2?

I beleive you need the source files from the original planes to do this. The only ones to probably have them is the creators. Since they aren't around my guess would be no.

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
February 9th, 2012, 11:46
I have downloaded GMAX for my computer and i will try to do it... once I receive the source files.

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
February 9th, 2012, 13:56
can someone give me the VB planes F2G Source Files, please?

sc7500
February 9th, 2012, 15:20
...can someone give me the VB planes F2G Source Files, please?...

Talon said it best a few posts up - I quote for clarification:

"...I believe you need the source files from the original planes to do this. The only ones to probably have them is the creators. Since they aren't around my guess would be no..."

VB and the folks who ran it are long-gone - contacting any of them is near to impossible. Sorry.

SC
:kilroy:

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
February 9th, 2012, 16:03
oh well.

kelticheart
February 10th, 2012, 10:35
oh well.

If you are willing to settle for something close to the F2G, there is an AU-1 model made for FS8/CFS2 by A.F.Scrub back in 2004, available at Simviation.

The pack comes with two skins: a grey one, flown in 1957, and a KoW version of an AU-1 flown by the "Death Rattlers" squadron.

The model is of the usual A.F.Scrub's creations top notch quality.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
February 11th, 2012, 03:39
Guess what, i sent Aeroplane Heaven an e-mail asking if they can make a cfs2 version of the F2G Super Corsair of the US Navy.

So far, no reply.

bearcat241
February 11th, 2012, 03:55
Guess what, i sent Aeroplane Heaven an e-mail asking if they can make a cfs2 version of the F2G Super Corsair of the US Navy.

So far, no reply.

Shocker...http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon28.gif

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
February 12th, 2012, 03:03
aeroplane heaven no longer makes planes for cfs2/3, so they rejected my request.

BoeingvsAirbusNKL
February 14th, 2012, 16:33
I sent an e-mail to A.F. Scrub and he replied that he is currently making an F2G Super Corsair.

That actually made me happy, since I had a difficult day.

So I say Thank you A.F Scrub. :salute: