PDA

View Full Version : Flightsimstore angst and the Iris Twister?

DaveKDEN
February 7th, 2012, 07:23
Does anyone have direct contact with anyone at the "Flightsimstore"? I've tried contacting them via "support ticket" and e-mail about their updating the download to V3 of the Iris Silence Twister (currently still at V1.5). Have yet to see a response from anyone at the store. Are they having any problems with their location and any natural disaster events???

I'll understand if there are mitigating circumstances in the way, but so far, not very happy with their lack of communication!

This is not a slam on Iris, as they've apparently sent out V3 to vendors already.

timghetta
February 7th, 2012, 07:42
Hey Everyone,

Maybe this can clear it up. In the manufacturer section on the left or in a drop down menu, there will now be 2 names.

1. IRIS SIMULATIONS
2. IRIS DEVELOPMENT STUDIOS

The newer Twister will be under the second one. I think I seen David say that the other day.
Hope this helps. This should be like this at all the stores.

timghetta
February 7th, 2012, 07:50
I just went to the flightsimstore and it was gone. I swore I seen it there a day or so ago.

DaveKDEN
February 7th, 2012, 09:07
Any updates should also be available to those who've already purchased a product under their "My Account" - "Previous Orders" section. To date, it's not there.

SpaceWeevil
February 7th, 2012, 10:38
The Twister is still there under 'IRIS Flight Simulation Software' but the update hasn't yet appeared in my account. I'm still flying the original, before they messed it up with the first patch - at least you can get the gear up & down. I have a support ticket open with FSS, I'll report any reply I get.

BrittMac
February 7th, 2012, 20:34
Does anyone have direct contact with anyone at the "Flightsimstore"? I've tried contacting them via "support ticket" and e-mail about their updating the download to V3 of the Iris Silence Twister (currently still at V1.5). Have yet to see a response from anyone at the store. Are they having any problems with their location and any natural disaster events???

I'll understand if there are mitigating circumstances in the way, but so far, not very happy with their lack of communication!

This is not a slam on Iris, as they've apparently sent out V3 to vendors already.

Hey Dave, I had the same thoughts the other day and I didn't see any change on my purchase history. SO, tonight I went and looked again and the status of the file said "last update Friday Feb. 3rd 2012". I clicked the download button and saw that the filename for the download is the same as before, but now the file weight is 130mg vs. 60 something. I went ahead and redownloaded, removed my old install per the instructions, and reinstalled.

As of this post, I have FSX open and just chose the Turbine Twister to fly. I am watching it spin around in the free fly screen. Hope you go get it soon, it looks like fun.
Brandon

Edit: Holy cow it is a little beastie! It is a handful to land, but not because of nasty tendancies. Dang thing wont slow down lol. Flew around at idle throttle for a minute while doing some turns to slow her enough to put the flaps down. Had to land by alternating idle and cracking the throttle open. Oh, and I could take off by just cracking the throttle open a bit (I have a X52Pro, and if you are familiar with it, it has a throttle detent on the low end. All I did was take it out of idle and it had enough thrust to take off, though climbing out I didn't mess with.) Fun little birdie.

Ferry_vO
February 8th, 2012, 01:46
Brittmac: I just checked at https://www.flightsimstore.com which is where I bought it, and no update yet.

They are however Austraian, and one part of the country seems to be flooded while the other part is on fire, so maybe they're not able to update the store at the moment..?

wombat666
February 8th, 2012, 02:34
Not quite that bad Ferry.
But given they are in New South Wales [from their phone #] odds are they might well have a 'flood problem'.
It might not be at their door but communications are badly disrupted at times like this.

:kilroy:

DaveKDEN
February 8th, 2012, 06:28
Hey Dave, I had the same thoughts the other day and I didn't see any change on my purchase history. SO, tonight I went and looked again and the status of the file said "last update Friday Feb. 3rd 2012". I clicked the download button and saw that the filename for the download is the same as before, but now the file weight is 130mg vs. 60 something. I went ahead and redownloaded, removed my old install per the instructions, and reinstalled.

As of this post, I have FSX open and just chose the Turbine Twister to fly. I am watching it spin around in the free fly screen. Hope you go get it soon, it looks like fun.
Brandon

Edit: Holy cow it is a little beastie! It is a handful to land, but not because of nasty tendancies. Dang thing wont slow down lol. Flew around at idle throttle for a minute while doing some turns to slow her enough to put the flaps down. Had to land by alternating idle and cracking the throttle open. Oh, and I could take off by just cracking the throttle open a bit (I have a X52Pro, and if you are familiar with it, it has a throttle detent on the low end. All I did was take it out of idle and it had enough thrust to take off, though climbing out I didn't mess with.) Fun little birdie.

Thanks for the info. For some reason, my account is still linked to v1.5. I did (finally) receive an e-mail response from the store this morning stating that v3 is available for download. HOWEVER, on IE9, Firefox, and Chrome I'm still linked to v1.5 which is 59.51MB vs. v3 which is 133MB. I've cleared out my browsing history and cache and am still linked to the older file. I checked the new order page on the site and it still shows a file that's 59.51MB. Not sure how some people have been able to get the new version while other seems to be perpetually stuck with v1.5???

I replied to the e-mail requesting a direct link to download v3. We'll see what happens.

Anneke
February 8th, 2012, 10:53
Send in a support ticket day before yesterday without any response. This is not what I´m used from Adrian.

DaveKDEN
February 9th, 2012, 07:06
Many days since my first request for support and I'm still stuck at v1.5. I've received one response:

"Dear Sir, The download in your account is V3 and has been since it was released."

That's it. I've responded to this e-mail stating (yet again) that I can't access v3. As of 09:00AM MST I haven't yet heard back. Not happy at all with Theflightsimstore!!!

How many others are having the same issue?

10lrrp
February 9th, 2012, 07:14
Opened support ticket on the 3rd still no responce, File under "my orders " is still Ver.1.5

jeansy
February 9th, 2012, 07:17
Not quite that bad Ferry.
But given they are in New South Wales [from their phone #] odds are they might well have a 'flood problem'.
It might not be at their door but communications are badly disrupted at times like this.

:kilroy:

no theyre fine no floods or fires in Victoria, just poor taste in fashion, horrible food, weather, come to think of it theres not much thats nice to say about that state

but i have seen him posting at the OZx site in the past few days

Posted <abbr class="published" title="2012-02-06T01:57:56+00:00">06 February 2012 - 11:57 AM</abbr>
Guys,

The Twister was issued to all the stores at the same time. As for when each store updates their website.. That's up to them really.

The instructions given to them are simple.

1. Cease further sales of the Silence Twister under the IRIS Flight Simulation Software vendor account, however update the file so that Existing customers can redownload the product and gain version 3.

2. Add the new version 3. To the IRIS Development Studios vendor account for all new product sales.

Essentially it's a matter of changing which vendor account sells the product for our internal processing.

Hope that makes sense.

As we get confirmation of the changes we will let you know.

DaveKDEN
February 9th, 2012, 07:36
no theyre fine no floods or fires in Victoria, just poor taste in fashion, horrible food, weather, come to think of it theres not much thats nice to say about that state

but i have seen him posting at the OZx site in the past few days

I've seen that as well. Just to clarify, the problem ISN'T with David or Iris, the problem IS with Theflightsimstore (FSS).

Edited out.

jeansy
February 9th, 2012, 07:47
I've seen that as well. Just to clarify, the problem ISN'T with David or Iris, the problem IS with Theflightsimstore (FSS).

How would one go about getting a refund from the FSS? I think I've had it with them.

ack, sorry for the confusion, its nightshift and its starting to drag on

the FSS has been quiet for the past days as Adrian has been away interstate, and has only recently got home

DaveKDEN
February 9th, 2012, 17:52
FINALLY! Looks like it's up at the FSS. Downloaded and installed and getting ready to run. Just wanted to post here first, so those who've been waiting can head over to the FSS and d/l.

IRIS
February 10th, 2012, 04:37
Might I make a suggestion, being that we have PM enabled & I have our contact details available in the signature that if there are any concerns about updates & so on that we're contacted, especially when it concerns 1 of our distributors directly?

I may drop in here once a day, but I don't often scroll through pages of topics to see if anything has been posted, and I don't know if FSS guys come & visit (they have their own support pages & can be seen on OzX often) so they may not. It may be quicker to get a response from "those in the know" if you contact 1 of us directly.

As to what happened, we got the patch done, we had it uploaded & on the server, by the time we had an email ready to go Adrian was on plane far far away. I knew he was going away for the weekend however all the stores needed to be sent an email at the same time. Do you know the politics of one store not getting an email within minutes of another? OI! There are some politics around that. (not on Adrian's end :D)

We could've held off on getting the update released til we knew Adrian was back to work, but we didn't.

I didn't follow it up until today, had I done so earlier I'd have seen that the store wasn't updated & sent another email. Because the email was sent through to an email address that everyone else uses it was bogged down in emails - simple as that.

Hope that clears things up.

Ferry_vO
February 10th, 2012, 13:39
Got the update, and it's working fine but it is a 'tad' overpowered at idle! Starting up the engine from cold&dark and before I knew it I was barreling down the runway at 50 kts, with the parking brakes still on!!

Had the same problem with the Spartan, and the solution is pretty much the same; under [TurbineEngineData] in the aircraft.cfg, change 'static_thrust = 70' to 'static_thrust = 7' and now it remains stationary when starting the engine!

SADT
February 10th, 2012, 14:00
Hi All,

Is the Twister at Flightsimstore that is going for AU$10 the V3 version? I just want to make sure, as that is an awesome deal for what looks to be a very nice aircraft!

Craig.

Ferry_vO
February 10th, 2012, 14:08
Craig, if I look at David's instructions in Jeansy's post above:

1. Cease further sales of the Silence Twister under the IRIS Flight Simulation Software vendor account, however update the file so that Existing customers can redownload the product and gain version 3.

2. Add the new version 3. To the IRIS Development Studios vendor account for all new product sales.

It should indeed be the V3.

And it is a very nice aircraft indeed!:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/Twister1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/Twister2.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/Twister3.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/Twister4.jpg

:applause:

And before anyone asks: the regular key commands work for both flaps and gear.

SADT
February 10th, 2012, 14:14
Thanks Ferry,

I just had to be sure. V1.5 looks nice, though V.3 looks even nicer! I like the idea of a turboprop in an an aircraft that I would imagine is not much bigger than a Europa XS.. :icon_lol:

Cheers,
Craig :-)

BrittMac
February 10th, 2012, 23:28
Odd. I bought this from the FFS. I don't know why it took a couple days longer for you guys to get it. I am in the U.S. if that helps figure it out, but, I imagine it won't.

I told you guys in my "edit" that it was a BEASTIE, lol.

strykerpsg
February 10th, 2012, 23:41
Craig, if I look at David's instructions in Jeansy's post above:

It should indeed be the V3.

And it is a very nice aircraft indeed!:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/Twister1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/Twister2.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/Twister3.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/Twister4.jpg

:applause:

And before anyone asks: the regular key commands work for both flaps and gear.

Great looking model! I like the auxilary tanks.

Matt

cajj1
February 11th, 2012, 03:58
Definitely worth £7 :medals:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/2817/2012211125051715.jpg