PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen this happen in FSX!

limjack
February 5th, 2012, 20:25
Felt as though I had entered the Twilight Zone....http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww215/limjack/2012-2-5_21-12-14-519.jpghttp://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww215/limjack/2012-2-5_21-10-42-522.jpghttp://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww215/limjack/2012-2-5_21-7-57-175.jpg

airattackimages
February 5th, 2012, 20:32
That's why I stay away from San Francisco as much as possible :icon_lol:

falcon409
February 5th, 2012, 20:42
Yea, that's what the smog looked like in the 60's, lol. Limjack, can't say I have ever seen that before. My first guess would be the graphics card, but then the rest of the scenery seems to be fine, so not sure.:salute:

fsxar177
February 5th, 2012, 20:49

Ya think?

limjack
February 5th, 2012, 20:57
I have seen a hole in the ground 10,000 feet deep, water that rises 500 feet into the air and back down and cone type moutains far far away but this one take the cake. All is back to normal now but sure was a kick during the flight. Love these moments as long as they go away.

Jim

srgalahad
February 5th, 2012, 21:02
Here. listen to this as you fly.. it will make it all seem "normal"

DWDv-H6JJ38

CG_1976
February 5th, 2012, 22:09
Them's some pretty funky Northern Lights:icon_lol::icon_lol::running:

sblzei
February 6th, 2012, 01:12
Occasionally I get clouds as squared white blocks, when my video card is "tired".

This is much better though...

Carbine1
February 6th, 2012, 01:17
The only time you should see something like this is when your vid card is about to crash and burn on you.

Cheers.

roger-wilco-66
February 6th, 2012, 01:34
Nice effect :-)

I've had effects like that when I switched from DX10 preview back to DX9, or fumbling around with exotic entries in the fsx.cfg.
Usually, flushing or rebuilding the shader cache helped to get rid of psychedelic skies or aircraft with transparent fuselages / wings et al.

See here http://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/clean-up-shader-cache/ .

I prefer to delete the cache manually, it gets rebuild the next time you start FSX.

Cheers,
Mark

warchild
February 6th, 2012, 03:19
And here i thought it was a remake of Stephen Kings " The Langliers"

Bjoern
February 6th, 2012, 08:23
So that's where my LSD went...

limjack
February 6th, 2012, 08:26
The only time you should see something like this is when your vid card is about to crash and burn on you.

Cheers.

US cities San Francisco Aerosoft scenery Kicks my computers but! So I am sure it was dragging my whole machine down. I was making some changes in the flight sim menu when the anomalie occured. Aerosoft make some nice stuff so had to give it a shot. US cities KLAS works great but San francisco not so good unless I turn everything off then I am able to fly ok in this area. Didn't want to reboot until I played around with my new clouds and study them a bit. The layer was about 4k feet and just a thin layer. Once above the layer it disappeared. After a reboot went back to San Francisco and the party was over. I had left the Twilight zone.

Jim

modelr
February 6th, 2012, 09:06
US cities San Francisco Aerosoft scenery Kicks my computers but! So I am sure it was dragging my whole machine down. I was making some changes in the flight sim menu when the anomalie occured. Aerosoft make some nice stuff so had to give it a shot. US cities KLAS works great but San francisco not so good unless I turn everything off then I am able to fly ok in this area. Didn't want to reboot until I played around with my new clouds and study them a bit. The layer was about 4k feet and just a thin layer. Once above the layer it disappeared. After a reboot went back to San Francisco and the party was over. I had left the Twilight zone.

Jim

There in lies the fix 90% of the time. I get those anomalies often, seems I have some sort of strange memory leak somewhere, not related to FS, and it causes strange things occasionally. I merely shut down FS, reboot, and fly with no problems.

kimdahl
February 6th, 2012, 09:54
Hi limjack

I haven't seen clouds quite like that, but I once had these that are also rather interesting... and the plane also looked a bit alternative

Regards
Kim

limjack
February 7th, 2012, 07:50
Hi limjack

I haven't seen clouds quite like that, but I once had these that are also rather interesting... and the plane also looked a bit alternative

Regards
Kim

LOL, I think we should have a thread dedicated to these rather interesting things that happen in FSX.

Jim

srgalahad
February 7th, 2012, 12:32
LOL, I think we should have a thread dedicated to these rather interesting things that happen in FSX.

Jim

It seems we do Jim.... now :icon_lol:

fxsttcb
February 11th, 2012, 10:23
Leftovers from that recent Solar Flare?