PDA

View Full Version : Airport/plane combo produces CRASH?

PRB
February 5th, 2012, 10:38
Is it possible that a certain combination of airplane and airport can conspire to produce a crash when coming over the numbers?

Every time I try to land at SBRJ (Rio De Janeiro) on runway 20L with the FSND 727-200, that's what happens. On speed, on glide slope, on Loc, over the number, CRASH. Every time. There are no trees, or buildings, or terrain obstacles. Tried the same approach in the JF C-47 and the default 737. No problem. Tried landing the FSND 727 at any other airport, no problem. What the heck? I've never heard of such a thing as this.

OleBoy
February 5th, 2012, 14:33
I've had the very same thing happen. It was only at one airport. I could take off from there no problem, then fly a short circuit. While coming in for landing, the sim would flat lock. I tested this many times and the same results. With a different aircraft, no troubles. Every attempt was from the same end of the runway. I tried landing from the other end and all was fine. That's when I turned off all traffic and tested again. No crash from either direction! The only thing I could figure was that there was a traffic anomaly that was invisible? A building in the sky at about approach height or something.

Since then I turned off realism & crashes and haven't had any issue since. But I still to this day can not tell you why the scenario happened.

Skyhawk_310R
February 5th, 2012, 14:58
A wild guess, but if either or both the plane and the airport are using modules added to FSX, it is possible that the modules are conflicting with each other. Does the airport scenery have some dynamic action take place at precisely that spot on your approach? If it does, then it is likely triggered by a proximity based dll module of code. Likewise, if the aircraft uses modules to control certain functions, it is possible to have two modules either listed by the same name, or have aspects of its code conflicting.

Ken