PDA

View Full Version : 51st CW...OV-10 a WIP

skyhawka4m
February 5th, 2012, 09:46
Started working on my first repaint today.......

Thunderbolt
February 5th, 2012, 09:59
nice :applause:

mal998
February 5th, 2012, 10:03
Very nice indeed!

skyhawka4m
February 5th, 2012, 19:56
I think this one is complete......I have 2 more gray ones to do and I will put them out as a pack. then I am hoping I can figure out how to do the EURO1 paint on it along with a gunship gray PACAF aircraft or two.

strykerpsg
February 5th, 2012, 20:12
I think this one is complete......I have 2 more gray ones to do and I will put them out as a pack. then I am hoping I can figure out how to do the EURO1 paint on it along with a gunship gray PACAF aircraft or two.

Now you're talking...Euro1 would be bad a**! Although, would it be a fictional paint for the timeline? Not certain of the exact withdrawl of the OV-10, but would dig it nonetheless. Also, the PACAF's would be great to fly from the new Honlulu Intl with Hickam attached. Great work Hawk, keep em coming.

Matt

skyhawka4m
February 5th, 2012, 20:36
58271Actually a large number of OV-10's did get the EURO1 paint.....while there might have been some smaller sensors added...overall...it fits this model. Now with this fuel tank shown here...I may put it in the MARINE paintkit to get the correct fuel tank on it. But that said...their are also aircraft with the USAF style fuel tank and as well USMC aircraft with the USAF style fuel tanks could be found.

strykerpsg
February 5th, 2012, 21:18
58271Actually a large number of OV-10's did get the EURO1 paint.....while there might have been some smaller sensors added...overall...it fits this model. Now with this fuel tank shown here...I may put it in the MARINE paintkit to get the correct fuel tank on it. But that said...their are also aircraft with the USAF style fuel tank and as well USMC aircraft with the USAF style fuel tanks could be found.

Oh man, I want those! I only saw OV-10's in Europe when iwas a kid and they were of the grey variety, but also early-mid 70's timeframe. These would look fantastic!

mohawk3
February 6th, 2012, 08:41
Very nice looking bird.
Some HD/32bit textures would be very welcomed for the Bronco!Or perhaps just for the stencils on the a/c.

res non verba
February 6th, 2012, 11:30
very nice paint!

...and looking forward for that european1 camouflage! :applause:

:ernae:

skyhawka4m
February 6th, 2012, 20:44
gunship gray underway........ Helmets will also be paint gray and the flight suits will be darkened a bit. The centerline tank texture is placed very odd within a texture file......not being a designer...I wonder why the texture files sometimes tend to be a little confusing. anyway....markings will begin to be added tommorow. I am doing an OSAN aircraft and a Wheller AB aircraft in this scheme. then one more light gray USAF plane then hopefully a couple USMC....

Fireball6
February 7th, 2012, 01:33
Great work skyhawka4m - looking forward to the "Grey's" :applause:

Dirk

strykerpsg
February 20th, 2012, 19:28
Skyhawk, any chance on an update on these fantasic looking paints? Really looking forward to applying them to my Bronco.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

skyhawka4m
February 20th, 2012, 19:50
due to my recent hospital stay with a kidney stone and still trying to pass my 12th baby Ive been a little put off.....so...that said...I am planning on getting at least the 2 I have done posted up with in the next couple days. I haven't begun on any of the EURO 1 birds as camo will be complex with this paint kit...but once she's done it should look cool...I HOPE!!!

strykerpsg
February 20th, 2012, 21:24
Ouch brother! I can relate, but only had one in my life and it was complete agony. Quick ditty to make you chuckle about mine was it occured while attending Infantry ANCOC (E7 NCOES) at Benning in 02. Started as a sharp, low back pain. By the middle of the night it hurt so bad, I was on the floor almost in tears and finally got into my truck and literally flew to the hospital. Of course the MPs caught me doing 60ish in a 35mph zone. Told the guy I was dying and he obligingly followed me to the hospital, to corroborate my story and as God is my witness, the pain went away as I pulled into the ER parking lot. I sheepishly walk into the ER thinking "oh crap, I'm getting a ticket and a boot from NCOES as well because Mr. MP is waiting for my intake." Nurse laughs a bit, gives me an IV to demonstrate I needed intake and an hour later, out popped a nice small pearl. She put it in a zipoc to show the MP if he ever came back, he didn't, thankfully.

Anyway, way too much info, but is funny now and hoping it makes your agony a bit more bearable with at least a smirk of belated interservice rivalry. Afterall, you're on number 12 versus my singular incident. Get better, we're going no where and will be here when you get back on your feet. If you could, please update this thread as I'm subscribed and might miss it initially.

Matt

johndetrick
February 21st, 2012, 01:59
The camo is a bit of a b*tch to say the least, with all the mask layers and odd texture placement.