PDA

View Full Version : Adding VOR2 to aircraft

Landman
February 5th, 2012, 08:19
I have modified an aircraft that did not have a VOR 2 gauge with a popup that I can drag wherever I want on the panel, I added the Bendix King VOR2 radio that is used in the default Cessna 172 to be able to tune the frequency and I modified the [Radios] section of the aircraft.cfg file by adding the line Nav.2 = 1, 1, 0 which should make it available, have a standby frequency, and not have a glideslope. So in theory this should work right? Well, when I reloaded the aircraft after making the changes the VOR 2 radio still does not work. It does not even have the DME reading. Is there any place else that I need to do an edit to make it work? Is there maybe a line in the air file that I need to edit to make the VOR 2 radio available? I have program called aircraftairfilemanager.exe to edit airfiles but I could not seem to find an entry that deals with radios. Any ideas on how to make it work?

strikehawk
February 5th, 2012, 13:16
Open the aircraft .cfg file and look for the radio entries, should look like this

[Radios]
// Radio Type = available, standby frequency, has glide slope
Audio.1 = 1
Com.1 = 1, 0
Com.2 = 1, 0
Nav.1 = 1, 0, 1
Nav.2 = 1, 0, 0
Adf.1 = 1
Transponder.1 = 1
Marker.1 = 1

You might not have all the entries above but you do want to have the NAV2 line activated.

Nav.2 = 1, 0, 0

If you have a standby freq change the second 0 with a 1 like this

Nav.2 = 1, 1, 0

Save the changes and check in game to see if it is working.

Landman
February 5th, 2012, 13:59
Yep, I already have it set up that way but it still wont work.