PDA

View Full Version : A.F.Scrub_Mustang Mk1_conversion

misson
February 4th, 2012, 14:16
I have not taken credit for this plane.

Thank you to A.F. Scrub for allow modifications.

I just ran the Mk_mdl program and decided to share the conversion.

Please enjoy.

There are two models : A model USA and a model RAF. (These are different models and skins) I like both models very much.

Mario Misson

misson
February 4th, 2012, 14:19
I have not taken credit for this plane.

Thank you to A.F. Scrub for allow modifications.

I just ran the Mk_mdl program and decided to share the conversion.

Please enjoy.

There are two models : A model USA and a model RAF. (These are different models and skins) I like both models very much.

Oops! I forgot to post screens.

Rami
February 4th, 2012, 14:31
Misson,

Thank you, this will be another gem in our fine collection! :icon29:

misson
February 4th, 2012, 14:52
Misson,

Thank you, this will be another gem in our fine collection! :icon29:
Thank u Rami for allways fixing my inglish
:redf:

Rami
February 4th, 2012, 16:57
Thank you, Rami for always fixing my English. :redf:

Misson,

Don't worry about it, I'm happy to help! :icon29:

Oglivie
February 4th, 2012, 21:45
Thank You, Misson!

:icon29:

moonbutter2
February 5th, 2012, 07:41
Howdy fellas.

I saw this picture of an A-36 with 50 cal's in the nose. Where they on the MKI too?

Ry

misson
February 5th, 2012, 08:59
Howdy fellas.

I saw this picture of an A-36 with 50 cal's in the nose. Where they on the MKI too?

Ry
Seems that u are wright!:173go1:so I'm going to fix it later!

Oglivie
February 5th, 2012, 12:04
Howdy fellas.
Ry

Mustang I (Lend Lease NA-73) - Allison powered (top cowling air scoop), two .50 in lower nose, two .50 in wing inboard of four wing .30. This armament is probably for the initial batch of the 320 planes ordered. An additional 300 planes were ordered for a total of 620 and there probably was armament changes replacing the four wing .30 with two .50, not to mention field conversions.

Mustang IA (P-51) - Allison powered (top cowling air scoop), four wing 20mm

Mustang II (P-51A) - Allison powered (top cowling air scoop), four wing .50, two wing racks for 500lb bombs or drop tanks

Mustang III (P-51B/C) - Merlin powered, four wing .50, two wing racks for 500lb bombs or drop tanks

Mustang IV (P-51D) - Merlin powered, bubble canopy, six wing .50, two wing racks for bombs or drop tanks, HVAR rocket pylons

A-36A - Allison powered (top cowling air scoop), two .50 in lower nose and four .50 in wings, two wing racks for 500lb bombs, fitted with dive brakes under wings

Allison powered with three-blade prop.
Merlin powered with four-blade prop.

This is the best I make of my literature. However there maybe discrepancies from publisher to publisher of these data.

Cheers,
O
:kilroy:

misson
February 5th, 2012, 12:55
i made some modifications , so here u got, and hope u like it!

misson
February 5th, 2012, 13:00
i made some modifications , so here u got, and hope u like it!

for to fire the nose machineguns use cannon trigger.

Oglivie
February 5th, 2012, 18:12
I did my own DP for the Mustang MkI. I'll attach it here for an alternate DP for everyone. It has a little twist from the original DP and uses some DBolt weapons.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=894
P-51 pylons and tanks are included in the attached.

moonbutter2
February 5th, 2012, 18:39
Thanks Mission and Oglivie!!!

I am going to give then a try!

Ryan

moonbutter2
February 5th, 2012, 18:44
I need my glasses and spell check for names, Mr. Misson.

Jagdflieger
February 5th, 2012, 19:25
Thanks to all of you for the updated Mustang.

gius
February 6th, 2012, 01:55
Thanks Misson and Oglivie, i've loved this piece the first time i flew it...:icon29::icon29::icon29:

Rami
February 6th, 2012, 03:06
Misson,

Good morning. I included the .dp modification in the original upload, I figured it would be easier that way.

misson
February 6th, 2012, 12:19
Thank u all!:wiggle::applause:

Oglivie
February 6th, 2012, 13:24
Here are somemore files I tweaked for my own Mustang MkI install, I'll post these also for everyone.

A little more fine tuning of the DP and panel.cfg are in the attached. Changed the rockets to the FDG tubes (as used early war) and updated the misc section to meters for altitude (as I understand this unit of measure is used for this section). The first Mustang MkI arrived at the Liverpool docks on October 24, 1941.

FDG Weapons (Rocket Tubes) - FDG_Weapons_v1.2b.zip
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=4764
Note: Link does not work anymore. I don't know if this is still available in the library.

Rami and Misson, these are more files if you want to include for the Mustang MkI download. The pylons and tanks posted earlier are freeware and contain no restrictions nor permissions required by the original author. The tank is actually a P-40 tank that I made stand alone for 75 gallon tank. Also just a little tweaking on the aircraft.cfg for the static pitch and height and eyepoint height for the VC gunsight alignment.

Cheers,
O

Note: I should mention there are some gauges that are not showing in the pics below because they were not in my gauge folder that I was using at the time.

Oglivie
February 6th, 2012, 16:33
Hello All,

I forgot to remove the break numbers from the DPs. Since this model is a CFS2 conversion it does not have the breaking parts and the numbers will cause multi-planes appearing when the plane is damaged. So the attached DP has the numbers removed.

Cheers,
O
:salute:

Wulf190
February 6th, 2012, 19:58
A lot of potential in this one. The airfile seems way too hot. Feels lighter than a Zero. Not something I'm used to with any American bird.

misson
February 7th, 2012, 13:51
I asked to Rami , to change the Dp file for the proposed by Oglivie, now available in the pack , so thank u Oglivie!

Oglivie
February 7th, 2012, 16:19
I asked to Rami , to change the Dp file for the proposed by Oglivie, now available in the pack , so thank u Oglivie!
You're very welcome, Misson. Thanks again for the airplane conversion!

May I suggest to add the pylon and tanks from the attach zip in post #12 to the pack also because the DP file you included to the pack uses those tanks and pylons. Or if you prefer I can upload a separate drop tank package to the library for it.

Cheers,
O
:ernae:

misson
February 7th, 2012, 17:39
You're very welcome, Misson. Thanks again for the airplane conversion!

May I suggest to add the pylon and tanks from the attach zip in post #12 to it also because the DP file included these tanks and pylons. Or if you prefer I can upload a separate drop tank package to the library for it.

Cheers,
O

I think it would be cool if u can upload a optional Dp, because there are not much Mustang Mk1 , i hope would be more repaints too:icon_lol::ernae:

Oglivie
February 7th, 2012, 17:49
I think it would be cool if u can upload a optional Dp, because there are not much Mustang Mk1 , i hope would be more repaints too:icon_lol::ernae:

Okay....I will get a package together to upload the Mustang pylon and drop tank. Perhaps I can get it uploaded tomorow.

Cheers,
O

Sopwith Chameleon
February 8th, 2012, 00:07

:mixedsmi: Hmmmmmmmmm

PomBee
February 8th, 2012, 04:57
Very, very nice, SC.

Thanks for the original plane, Mission.

Cheers,

PomBee.:ernae:

misson
February 8th, 2012, 05:39
Wow Men! we have repaints too! :applause::applause::applause: Thank all u!:icon29::icon29::icon29:

Oglivie
February 9th, 2012, 19:03
Okay....I will get a package together to upload the Mustang pylon and drop tank. Perhaps I can get it uploaded tomorow.

Cheers,
O
The download is now available in the CFS2 Other Add-Ons library. Incudes the latest files I attached in the above posts and an additional bare metal drop tank texture as well as the camo gray.

Cheers,
O

misson
February 10th, 2012, 14:50
The download is now available in the CFS2 Other Add-Ons library. Incudes the latest files I attached in the above posts and an additional bare metal drop tank texture as well as the camo gray.

Cheers,
O
Well Oglivie , after A.F. Scrub you have all credit! u made a great job ,thank u one more time!:medals::medals::ernae::applause::applause:

DennyBoy
February 16th, 2012, 12:11
Hi !

I´m found som reference from a old Airfix book "P-51 Mustang, Classic Aircraft No.3"

As the P-51A mustang was used by1st Air Command Group, 12th AF Burma 1944.

The aircraft have 5 sloping white strips on the fuselage behind the cockpit.

Best Regard
DennyBoy

Oglivie
February 16th, 2012, 12:44
Well Oglivie , after A.F. Scrub you have all credit! u made a great job ,thank u one more time!:medals::medals::ernae::applause::applause:

You're welcome Misson...I'm glad you like the tinkering I did. My pleasure to help out with the neat conversion you did for CFS2.

Cheers,
O

Oglivie
February 16th, 2012, 13:33
Hi !

I´m found som reference from a old Airfix book "P-51 Mustang, Classic Aircraft No.3"

As the P-51A mustang was used by1st Air Command Group, 12th AF Burma 1944.

The aircraft have 5 sloping white strips on the fuselage behind the cockpit.

Best Regard
DennyBoy
Some data and pics:
http://www.chindits.info/Thursday/AirCommando.htm
Similar: 1st Air Command Group, 10th AF Burma 1944, P-51A.

Sopwith Chameleon
February 27th, 2012, 01:13
Hi,

At Misson's urging I've done some re-paints for this Mustang.

I've made a few changes:

As far as I know, Mustang 1's were never fitted with the bulged "Malcolm" Hood, this was only fitted to Mustang MK III ( P51B), although the US Army fitted them to their F6's ( Mustang MK II), so I've deleted the "Brit" Model as it is not accurate.

The US Army never used the Mustang 1 ( P51) apart from 2 evaluation examples, although the A-36 Apache (sometimes called "Invader") was used in N Africa, as a Dive Bomber and was fitted with Air Brakes on the upper & lower wings.

Mustang 1's had no provision for mounting underwing stores, so I've deleted them from the dp, they had only the then standard RAF armament of 8 Machine Guns.

I've included a more appropriate Panel than the one in the original.

The texture mapping is a little off, but I've done the best I can with it.

You can get it here : http://sopwithc.wetpaint.com/page/Downloads+Page+9

fde_bressy
February 27th, 2012, 04:29
Bingo!!

As usual, a super job done!!

Thanks o lot for those nice textures.

F de B

misson
February 27th, 2012, 12:51
Hi,

At Misson's urging I've done some re-paints for this Mustang.

You can get it here : http://sopwithc.wetpaint.com/page/Downloads+Page+9

Thank u a lot Jim! , now only a few missions are lacking:icon_lol:
but this is for U ::medals::medals::medals::icon29: