PDA

View Full Version : You guys paid for this, how come you don't use it

hey_moe
February 3rd, 2012, 13:44
Our Flight Server is fully paid for after our bandwidth drive. This is for each and every members enjoyment. Why not enjoy what ya brought? You can play here >>> www.sim-outhouse.net (http://www.sim-outhouse.net/)

RKinkor
February 3rd, 2012, 15:44
Unfortunately I have yet to figure out how to fly online.

gradyhappyg
February 3rd, 2012, 16:17
Unfortunately I have yet to figure out how to fly online.

Ditto!

mikew
February 3rd, 2012, 16:22
Same for me... and a bit intimidated

crashaz
February 3rd, 2012, 16:31
its easy! will look to see what we have and put something together for everyone. right now though eeveryone could do a search on FSHost. some may have issues with firewals but all of us here should be able to pitch in and help.

napamule
February 3rd, 2012, 16:55
What you all (we) need is a new 'angle'. Instead of flying around, how about DRIVING around. Both FS9 and FSX do have some decent roads. In Florida (and Texas?) the roads are straight as an arrow for 20 miles. Lots of possibilities for RACING there. Dirk Stuck has a race track but that is 'follow the leader' as passing is next to impossible. Rallye! Or off road with souped up bikes? We got those. I say 'we' because the models are out there. It's that the dynamics are not good. There is where I come in. I have worked on vehicles (and bike) dynamics for 10 years and have them pretty much dialed in.

The only requirement for racing vehicles is a 10-Key pad, USB, that you can locate to left of keyboard so you can use KEYS for throttle, and for spoiler. Spoiler? Yes, spoiler. That is the only way to STOP those vehicles when they are going 180 kts. Brakes alone won't do it. Not quick enough. And the other is a twist grip joystick. The twist (rudder) is what is used to STEER the vehicle around a turn, AND to straighten it out (IMPORTANT). So, using the keyboard keys are just NOT going to make it.

You can 'figure out' how to get online (with a little help-PM or Email). Ports. Firewall. TeamSpeak3. Headset with mic. Some simple rules, and your'e IN. Here is a pic of what I think are the best. Notice Hama's stuff is there. Missing is Greyhound Bus and his MotorHouse (didn't have picture). I am willing to help with details to set up 'mechanical' part and 'How-To' concerning EFFECTIVE driving (if over 150 kts, of course (hehe)). It's NEW? Well, almost.
Chuck B
Napamule

Rich
February 3rd, 2012, 19:31
napamule

See in your pics a Stalwart Mk2 which I drove for a while in the British Army, max speed = 50 mph if you were lucky, 150 kts is fantasy so you are talking about a arcade game.

never did online flying before it's each to his own.

:sleep::sleep::sleep:

aeromed202
February 3rd, 2012, 19:48
I've been so wrapped up in other things I forgot. In a couple days or so I'll be happy to poke into this and see what I find out. I'm not entirely new to online flying but I remember it was pretty darn fun. Even did helo hide-and-seek!

srgalahad
February 3rd, 2012, 19:53
Flying online is pretty easy. On our other home (sim-outhouse.net) you can find instructions for setting up, looging in, using the hop list (if you want to be told where to go by someone other than the spouse) and how to set up and use TeamSpeak (optional but fun and helpful).

How-to:
http://www.sim-outhouse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8

TeamSpeak info:
http://www.sim-outhouse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40

You can access the .net site from the menu row above (look for the "Flight Center" menu drop down)

Once online you can often find help via the chatbox that comes with the FS9 multiplayer functions or is in FSHost Client for FSX

Nice thing about our server is there are few distractions and a bunch of helpful people. Check the server Forum page for more info and a viewer
http://www.sim-outhouse.net:8181/

Ickie
February 4th, 2012, 07:13
I think what is needed is flying instructions and an instructor.

I will get up with the staff (Dave) lol and have him setup a time which the server will be manned with an instructor standing by.

Henry
February 5th, 2012, 10:29
Same for me... and a bit intimidatednah thats great fun
:applause:ii used to feel the same way an im a complete moron:icon_lol:

Willy
February 5th, 2012, 20:03
If it wasn't for flying online, I'd probably have quit flight sims years ago. It's that much fun.

cputters
February 6th, 2012, 12:39
As a newbie to the SOH/Flight sim online portion of the sim, I can promise you that there's nothing intimidating about it. The guys over Teamspeak are more than happy to help you out when asked no matter how silly the question. (and believe me, I've thrown some good ones at them.)

While online, there's no "procedure nazi's", especially while you're learning. At the very least, you can find someone just to fly with, and someone to laugh with you when you land too "heavy". :jump:

I get a bit lonely during Aussie night times due to time differences, so if anyone from the area is keen, send me a PM and we can organise some scenic flights.