PDA

View Full Version : Iris Silence Twister v3 available

DaveKDEN
February 3rd, 2012, 07:21
Looks like Iris' Silence Twister v3 is available at Simmarket. However, it doesn't appear to be available at the Flightsimstore yet.

http://secure.simmarket.com/iris-pro-series-silence-twister-fsx.phtml

Roger
February 3rd, 2012, 12:08
Just checked Flightsim pilots store and no update yet.

Anneke
February 4th, 2012, 06:40
Mmm.. still nothing on FlightsimStore. No announcement from Iris. Typical.
Payware developers..:pop4:

DaveKDEN
February 4th, 2012, 07:36
Anyone from Iris available for comment here?

Anneke
February 4th, 2012, 08:43
No not even on their own forum where the same question had been asked.

Felixthreeone
February 4th, 2012, 10:12
I also don't think I have seen any facebook updates as to the V3 installer availability on the different vendor sites...not sure what is going on....got mine from the flightsimstore and wouldn't mind being able to finally USE the plane, something I have not been able to do yet...

DaveKDEN
February 4th, 2012, 11:20
I don't want to sound like I'm nit-picking Iris here, and I don't want this thread to degrade into such. I've really enjoyed their products, and the fact that they have released so much as freeware should be commended by all! :ernae: However, it's strange that an update would be available at one site and not another. Wonder if it has to do with the Flightsimstore itself???

Felixthreeone
February 4th, 2012, 11:23
It is, in all likelyhood, exactly that. I would think that the developer sends the files to the vendor, and at some point the vendor has a protocol to follow when updating the file available to purchasing customers...

Peter SWE
February 4th, 2012, 11:27
Umm. Ok...

Thanks for the update the new turbine twister and the added liverys are nice.

Now the gear and flapsswitches work as they should but the rest of 'em still don't work with keycommands so you can't map them to joystickbuttons or switchpanels. That might not be a problem for most fsx users but it is a major letdown for me.

Felixthreeone
February 4th, 2012, 11:34
Umm. Ok...

Thanks for the update the new turbine twister and the added liverys are nice.

Now the gear and flapsswitches work as they should but the rest of 'em still don't work with keycommands so you can't map them to joystickbuttons or switchpanels. That might not be a problem for most fsx users but it is a major letdown for me.

Which functions, in particular, are you referring to Peter?? Please don't tell me the lights switches, etc...as that was one of my issues in the original release (as well as with the BD-5)....and I didn't buy my panels only to have them sit and collect dust because a developer decided for some unknown reason to bypass code on simple addons...

Peter SWE
February 4th, 2012, 12:02
Which functions, in particular, are you referring to Peter?? Please don't tell me the lights switches, etc...as that was one of my issues in the original release (as well as with the BD-5)....and I didn't buy my panels only to have them sit and collect dust because a developer decided for some unknown reason to bypass code on simple addons...

The ones that doesn't work with keycommands and therefor my switchpanel which is based on a usb joystickcontrollcard (Leobodnar) is; Lights, Avionics bus, Master battery, Alternator and Starterswitch.

It is exactly like the BD-5!

I really hope someone will find a workaround for this otherwise i will uninstall this one.

Felixthreeone
February 4th, 2012, 14:11
Agreed....I see no valid reason for this whatsoever....I have many more complex addons than these that function 100% and perfectly with all of my hardware panels...so a relatively simple addon aircraft should pose no problems...

strykerpsg
February 4th, 2012, 17:47
Agreed....I see no valid reason for this whatsoever....I have many more complex addons than these that function 100% and perfectly with all of my hardware panels...so a relatively simple addon aircraft should pose no problems...

Ditto from me, nothing new though. Really miss their former attention to fixing what's been broken and hopefully they're gonna hold true to their word. I haven't given up hope yet and anxiously await to fly the Spartan like it should be flown.

Matt

Anneke
February 5th, 2012, 04:26
I haven't given up hope yet.

I'm done with these people, first and last time that I bought something from IRIS.

Ferry_vO
February 5th, 2012, 07:50
Seriously...??

They've had the aircraft on a $10 sale, after which they've provided one big update and another update with new liveries and models for free, and you will not fly it because one site (Not related to the publisher) is somewhat slow with offering the new files or because some functions do not work properly with another add-on (Which isn't really the publishers fault anyway; they can't test everything!)..?

I bought mine at the flightsim store too and I'm also anxiously waiting for the update, but I'm not going to complain about it.. I can still fly the previous version without problems!

Being an FS developer most sometimes be a very ungrateful job....

Barnes
February 5th, 2012, 08:01
Well said FerryO

IRIS have upped their game in so many ways in very difficult trading conditions. To condemn them for something that may be out of their control shows .......................... (fill in your own word!)

Peter SWE
February 5th, 2012, 09:05
I reallt don't know that much about the inner workings of fsx but i stumbeld onto something here, I went into the panel.cfg and deleted gauge 00 and 01 under [Vcockpit01]. It's the ones that has 'system' in their name and something that for me is very positive happened!

It' a bit wierd but if i flip the swith on my joystick that is mapped to avionics on/off i can now turn the avionics off and on! The switches in the vc won't move but the funktion is there.
I know that for most of you this is not important but for us who uses buttons and switches on joysticks and panels for controlling the sim this is an issue.

Can someone please try this and see if it the same for you or if it just is like this on my system.

Edit:

I did a quick test and did the same with the BD-5, same result there. The animation isn't there but the funktion is.

falcon409
February 5th, 2012, 12:18
Well said FerryO
IRIS have upped their game in so many ways in very difficult trading conditions. To condemn them for something that may be out of their control shows .......................... (fill in your own word!)
I also agree. Not to make excuses for anyone, but David is working under some pretty extreme circumstances at times due to medical problems and needless to say those concerns take center stage rather than pushing to get an update out. The odd problem with the flaps and gears only working via a switch and knob was something I'd never seen before on any other airplane. . .payware or freeware. David got it fixed and in the interim also provided us with a totally new airplane (turbo) and a bunch of new liveries. . .all free to current owners and then dropped the price to boot. Pretty Amazing really!!

Concerning the electrical switches not able to be mapped to a joystick, as someone else mentioned, developers can plan for just so much and at some point they have to say, "That's all I can do". Everyone understands, or should, that no two systems are setup exactly alike. Switches being mapped to a joystick or throttle is not something I would consider as a normal part of everyones setup. Apparently some folks do, but I doubt they're in the majority. Personally I've never found it very difficult to move my mouse up to a switch and click it. That movement seems a lot more realistic to me. Maybe that's something that could be correct by David, maybe not but I think he's already gone above and beyond with the Twister and it's time to move on.

Roger
February 5th, 2012, 13:36
I wonder if the default key commands are essential as applied to advanced models. Both Bill Lyons and Milton Shupe requested that many vc functions be accessed via vc switches and not default keyboard commands in their complex Fs9 models and so bowing to their modelling skills that is what I did.

How we complain if every switch function is not clickable in the vc.

Felixthreeone
February 5th, 2012, 14:59
Still waiting for version 3 here...:sleep:

joanvalley
February 5th, 2012, 16:50
David and family are experiencing some real life difficulties, this time seems that Australia's wild weather is to blame. I've been following their updates and all I know is that they were ready to evacuate home if needed. Wildfires and ravaging storms are the ones to blame. I apologize for the delay and lack of info but as soon as possible he'll be commenting on v3.

Last update from Karen: "For those watching the CFA site, we're ok, touch wood! The grass fire listed near us is updated to controlled, small.
We have cars ready & we're keeping an eye on the site & our ears out for sirens."

Thank you guys!

Jose Valdez.

Felixthreeone
February 5th, 2012, 17:05
Jeez....If things are that bad, who gives a crap about flightsim!!! I didn't have a clue. I hope all is well and everyone is safe!

joanvalley
February 5th, 2012, 17:21
Thank you mate and again sorry for the delay. I just hope they catch a break from tough times, 2011 was very difficult for them.

Jose.

joanvalley
February 5th, 2012, 19:08
Please head over to Iris' support forum, David has posted about this update.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/forum/114-iris-simulations/

Thanks!

Jose.

DaveKDEN
February 5th, 2012, 19:39
Interesting. Appears as if Iris has sent out the update to the vendors. However the Flightsimstore still has the old version up for download. I just tried again and got the 59.51 MB file, which is version 1.5. So, it's up to the individual vendors to make sure and update their system.

Edit: Just sent an inquiry to the Flightsimstore. Hope to hear about the status sometime tomorrow.