PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Photoshop; CS3 is corrupting files.

OleBoy
February 3rd, 2012, 04:46
I've got no idea what's happening all of a sudden. All was fine until very recently. After the usual repainting episodes I do the norm of flattening the layers, saving as, etc etc. Right out of the blue I'm being told that files are getting corrupted during the process somewhere. Just a little bit ago while working on a panel, up pops the Adobe help file. "Huh?" I tried closing it but it would not get off my desktop without killing Adobe CS3 via Task Manager. There went all that panel work! (sigh :kilroy: )

I had no idea what happened to cause it, and couldn't trace anything on Google. Although I didn't spend a whole lot of time looking. I just re-installed the program and updates.

All seems normal. I guess there's only one way to find out.

The reason I'm posting the symptoms, are I'm hoping someone might be able to shed a little light on what happened. Or, if it has happened to anyone else.

Back to my paint booth. :running:

EDIT:

Next time I will try this first. If it happens again.

This is usually a corrupt preferences file. Delete or rename the 'Adobe Photoshop CS Prefs.psp' file at your equivalent of C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings\