PDA

View Full Version : Hawker Demon question

stoney
February 2nd, 2012, 15:36
I recently converted Edward Cook's Hawker Demon from FS2004 to CFS2. The conversion went well (with the exception of a permanently hard a port rudder).
However, the engine will not start. Turns over but won't catch. No amount of adjusting richness seems to do it.
Is there anything in the cfg or air file I could change to get her to start? Thanks.

Oglivie
February 2nd, 2012, 19:55
An Air file made specific for FS2004 will not work for CFS2. They are missing sections required for the CFS2 engine. May I suggest swapping a CFS2 Air file in it's place.

Cheers,
O

stoney
February 3rd, 2012, 13:37
Thanks Ogilvie, I started doing that before I posted, hoping I might hit the on right one. A trial and error process I guess. I started with such aircraft as the Fokker C.V and the RWD-14b, but no luck as yet. Most issues seem to center around a CG prob. I'll keep trying.

Oglivie
February 3rd, 2012, 15:05
Another idea for an alternative method might be to use AirEd to add the sections for CFS2. The ones that come to mind are engine sections 505 thru 512 and the fuel tank section(s) 525 thru 531 depending on which tanks needed. There maybe perhaps more sections. Comparing a CFS2 Air file side to side with the FS2004 may also yield favorable results. I'm thinking if the CG could be edited in the aircraft.cfg also. Just messin with a few more ideas.

Cheers,
O

stoney
February 3rd, 2012, 17:13
I found that the Ju-87B airfile of all things worked just fine after I dialed back the engine spec.s a bit and changed the wing area. Seems to work Okay. Thanks Ogilvie, the other change might be worth exploring too. Now to find a DP.

peperez
February 3rd, 2012, 18:17
I have a conversion ready, but someone needs to SCASM the model to fix the rudder and other animations.

stoney
February 4th, 2012, 13:26
That would be great Peperez. I like flying this aircraft around to various airfields in the UK in CFS2. I also have it my Golden Wings 3 install for the same reason.

Oglivie
February 4th, 2012, 21:14
I have a conversion ready, but someone needs to SCASM the model to fix the rudder and other animations.

I tinkered some with a converted CFS2 model scasm. I refit the rudder so it's straight and cleared up the windscreen a bit for VC and external and removed the lightstates variable from the model. I do not know if I can fix the animation for the rudder, elevator and wheels. But the rudder is straight now. The prop and aileron animation works.

If anyone wants this current model you may send a PM with your email addy.

Cheers,
O

Seagull V
February 5th, 2012, 02:26
Have you tried using the airfile and Dp from the AlphaSim Hawker Hart as possible replacements/starting point ?

http://www.easyfly.co.nz/Freeware/index.php?dir=/British

Regards, Seagull V

Oglivie
February 9th, 2012, 14:41
Thanks Seagull, I used the link you provided. I used the dl'd DP and modded it to the Demon. The Air is CFS1 so I modified the Demon FS9 Air file with some sections from the CFS1. Still a little more tweaking to do when time permits. So far so good....

Cheers,
O
:salute:

stoney
February 10th, 2012, 14:56
Thanks Ogilvy, that would be great and much appreciated. I sent you my addy in a pm.:salute:

stoney
February 11th, 2012, 16:09
Thanks Oglivie, the mdl worked great, put the rudder amidships perfect. The dp also worked fine, put some fire into the Demon.
Thanks to your help and the JU87B airfile, the Demon is my favorite hack now.:salute:

Oglivie
February 16th, 2012, 12:57
Thanks Oglivie, the mdl worked great, put the rudder amidships perfect. The dp also worked fine, put some fire into the Demon.
Thanks to your help and the JU87B airfile, the Demon is my favorite hack now.:salute:

You're welcome Stoney. Glad it worked well for ya! I'm liking this little Hawker plane also the more I fly it. Sharp looking biplane for the 1930s era.

Cheers,
O