PDA

View Full Version : Found out about a new movie today...."Act of Valor"

Navy Chief
February 2nd, 2012, 15:26
I was having dinner at a restaurant this evening, and learned of a new movie - scheduled for release later this month: "Act Of Valor".

The story is fictional, but the cast includes real US Navy Seals. I watched a trailer on Youtube, and then visited the official website.

Rarely do I ever pay full price for a movie at a theater. But I will for this one!!!

Release date: 24 February.
http://www.actofvalor.com/#/TRAILER (http://www.<strong>actofvalor</strong>)<cite>

Navy Chief

</cite>

Allen
February 2nd, 2012, 20:32
I seen it pop up in Dec than it dropped away and now its back. I wonder if some one didn't like something in the first few runs.

Navy Chief
February 29th, 2012, 19:43
Haven't made it to the theater yet to see this. Anyone here seen it?

NC

Odie
March 1st, 2012, 05:53
Haven't seen it, but initial reviews that I've heard/seen indicate that audiences were clapping and cheering
during the movie....

rayrey10
March 1st, 2012, 09:05
My son watched and said it was good. I think I'll still wait for it to come out on DVD.

StormILM
March 1st, 2012, 17:14
Saw the movie a couple of nights ago and I highly recommend it. There is ZERO Hollywood glam in it IMHO. All the Operators are active duty SEAL's and the supporting cast members were some recognizable actors. Yes, the movie story line is a work of fiction but probably "pieces" of real world missions at various times since 9/11. The video sequences are excellent as well as small details & equipment. The movie took nearly 4 years to complete as many of the sequences were filmed when the training iterations/schedules permitted, not according to a production schedule. Generally, the reception by the SEAL community has been very good but some pointed out inaccuracies like HALO Jump prep scenes where the Operators were "Mask Off" chatting just before depressurization to jump(normally they would be breathing on O2 30 mins before ramp open/jump). Also the fact that the configuration of Mk18's(SEAL's M-4 carbines) didn't make use of Sound Suppressor (Cans) in some of the covert scenes and also as usual, the pyrotechnics were a bit overpowered beyond real ordy. There was some good footage of a SEAL Sniper firing a Knight's Armament Mk11 sniper rifle to high effect.

I won't spoil it for anyone, go see it! I think the best way to summarize the movie is that it gives excellent insight into the capability of our SEAL Teams/Operators and what they may face in real world operations that are rarely to never spoken of. All I will give away is that the end of the movie will cement into each of you their dedication and sacrifices........

:medals:

strikehawk
March 1st, 2012, 21:43
The Navy H-60R's belong to HSC-85 as were the aircrew. At the time 85 flew the Romeo model 60 and were the Gamblers, they now fly the HH-60H, as of July last year they were renamed the Firehawks and are the west coast SpecWar helo support squadron. My buds in 85 are on me to see it, guess I'll have to the theater and pay up. Nice to be able to have a personal connection to someone or something in the movies.