PDA

View Full Version : installing cfs2

stick
February 2nd, 2012, 07:31
When I go to install cfs2 on my new computer it gives me 3 choices,Compact Install,Typical Install,orComplete Install,All Files. Which one shoud I use.

vidal
February 2nd, 2012, 08:41
I would select the complete install. CFS2 is an old game and there should not be any issue with the disk space, using a modern computer.

Discus
February 2nd, 2012, 08:47
When I go to install cfs2 on my new computer it gives me 3 choices,Compact Install,Typical Install,orComplete Install,All Files. Which one shoud I use.

With nowdays HD capacity Iīd go for a complete install.

Once you have it done, copy the complete folder and paste it changing itīs name, like "CFS2 for update".

That way, if you want you can start updating that install with new aircrafts and scenery. If you fail you can always have the original as back up to replace files.

Take this into account: CFS2 can be "played" in many many ways.

Every one has started playing it straight from the box: Pacific Theatre of Operations. In this way itīs quick and simple but a little bit dusty in the graphics area compared with newer sims. Anyway youīll have many hours to enjoy and, I believe, itīs the first thing to do.

Others want to play PTO in an install updated to look better, have more options in aircrafts, missions and campaigns, better sounds.

Others want to play in an European Theatre of Operations, making big changes to the sim. Or Mediterranean or Eastern Front TO or wathever.

Others go into design territory, designing airplanes, infrastructure, vehicles, ships, etc. or improving existing ones.

Others prefer to repaint aircrafts.

Others do sound packages.

Others enjoy making missions or campaigns.

Others are great giving advice to newbees.

Others collect files.

I hope you enjoy this game and Forum as much as I do.

Cheers, Discus