PDA

View Full Version : Seabee repaint WIP . . .

Killbilly
February 1st, 2012, 11:59
So, this is really my first attempt at a full repaint; but I got thinking that if I actually owned a Seabee, I'd paint it like this. What do you guys think?

pilottj
February 1st, 2012, 12:03
That is beautiful work sir! :salute:

Dexdoggy
February 1st, 2012, 12:22
Very very cool!

rgatkinson
February 1st, 2012, 12:31
Very nice :applause:

Roger
February 1st, 2012, 12:54
Looking forward to downloading this paint!:applause:

jpmouse
February 1st, 2012, 12:59
Living in the great Northwest/British Columbia area, the Raven design will be great for my bush flying. Looking forward to it and thanks for sharing it.

papab
February 1st, 2012, 13:27
Nice job!:applause:

Really stands out
Rick

jankees
February 1st, 2012, 13:38
WOW!!!!

wallyboard
February 1st, 2012, 15:16
Very nice! Reminds me of the Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands).

Larry

Gibbage
February 1st, 2012, 16:58
Holy crud! That looks amazing!

I lived most of my life in So-Cal and never really had that much contact with any native American's. That all changed when I moved up here to Seattle. I gotta say I do have a soft spot for the artwork =) Great work and I look forward to seeing it finished!

That reminds me, a mate from accross the pond in England sent me over a huge pack of repaints I need to start uploading. Whats the best method of doing that?

OleBoy
February 1st, 2012, 17:33
There's a busy paint. :applause:

Killbilly
February 2nd, 2012, 06:36
Thanks for the kind comments. She's as done as she's likely to get and uploaded to the library here if you want to give her a go. She likes to fly in the OrbX PNW and the Pacific Fjords best, but she'll go anywhere. This was really just meant to by my new personal bird, but if anyone else can get any enjoyment out of it, that's just gravy. I don't really know what I'm doing as a painter yet, so kind, constructive criticism and screenshots are welcome.

OBIO
February 2nd, 2012, 06:54
Killbilly

For your first attempt at a full repaint, you knocked it OUT OF THE PARK! Looks amazing. I love the theme....but then again, I have always had a fondness for the art of the PNW Injun tribes.

OBIO

racartron
February 2nd, 2012, 08:30
Aweasome livery! A Totem for the tote 'em bird:applause:

Roger
February 2nd, 2012, 09:41
Just downloaded it now!:applause:

Bruce Thompson
February 2nd, 2012, 10:09
Just love this paint Killbilly, ideal for PNW/PJF , both area's I like to fly in.

Very many thanks indeed.:applause::applause::applause:

Bruce.

p.s. Nice touch on the dash panel :ernae:.

olderndirt
February 5th, 2012, 17:14
This is one great repaint - getting lots of oohs and aahs on other forums. You're a natural.

Killbilly
February 6th, 2012, 05:03
Thanks for the compliments. I'm very glad people are enjoying it. I've had a few people comment to me about the overly ficticious tail number. I know it doesn't follow the US registration conventions; but given that this is a totally fictional scheme that was originally just intended for my personal bird, I didn't want to inadvertantly use someone's real-world registration. If there are a few people for whom the registration is distracting, I could renumber with something more realistic. Let me know.

pilottj
February 6th, 2012, 08:12
It is a beatiful paint mate :) Don't worry about ATC registration conventions, FS ATC doesn't follow them either:icon29:

dougal
February 6th, 2012, 09:58
Awsome sir! Where the **** have YOU been hiding?

Absolutely magificent. I feel so envious of all you painter/creator guys sometimes. Had a few ops on the ole grey matter, and ever since, I have this cognitive block for such things. 'tis soooo frustrating!

But thank you kindly, to Kevin for this great bird, and to you and your kind for the great paints.