PDA

View Full Version : Sentient Ink Pens?

OBIO
January 31st, 2012, 17:49
Okay, I am not a man who has to have expensive things to be happy or content. I drive a 17 year old mini-van with 207 thousand on the odometer and a Blue Book value of around $900...and I'm fine with that...actually love my Big Blue Econo-Lodge on Wheels. I wear sneakers that cost me about $50 for 2 pairs (buy one, get 2nd pair 50% off)...been wearing the same brand and style of sneaker for the better part of 8 years...and will buy two new pair of them in a few weeks. I refuse to pay more than a dollar for a new hat...even though lots of my hats are 20 to 50 dollar hats (meaning ball cap type things).....I have bought all but 4 of my caps at either Goodwill or Salvation Army...or yard sales...but I only buy hats that have never been worn....must still have the tags on them otherwise...EEEEEWWWW YUUUUK!

But...the one thing that I refuse to use is a junk ink pen. I simply will not write a single letter with a crappy ball point pen. No way, no how. I have a favorite pen....the Zebra 301. Stainless steel, smooth rolling ball, great ink. I love writing with these pens. And I don't blink an eye at paying $4 each for them. Granted, they are not Mont Blancs...but for a ball point pen, they are superb.

I have two of them that I recently bought. And I never take them from the office. I use them for jotting down flight sim notes, writing down recipes from the net, that sort of thing.

But I can't find them! Not on my desk...as I cleaned it today. Not in the drawer that I stuff everything from the top of my desk into when I clean my desk. And my desk only has 1 drawer.

I think these last two Zebra 301s are sentient beings...capable of moving themselves away from my desk and away from my usage.

And here I was worried about aliens and zombies!

OBIO

brad kaste
January 31st, 2012, 20:52
OBIO,...............sounds like another typical case of terminal CRS*. I suffer from that too. Pens,...because of their size and mobility move around freely without you or them knowing it! Yep,...they can be assigned that specific kitchen drawer one moment and then for some goofy reason wind up in another part of the house all together! It just doesn't make sense. And their cost has nothing to do with it.
To a lesser degree,....sets of keys and hot coffee within cups suffer the same fate. Here one moment,...gone the next. There's no logical explanation for it.

*CRS: Can't Remember S**t

Allen
January 31st, 2012, 21:01
I read that as scented ink pens...

rayrey10
February 1st, 2012, 06:05
Found it! LoL!!!

paiken
February 1st, 2012, 09:08
Don't forget about the socks that mysteriously dissappear. One day they'll all come back and choke us in our sleep and rule the world.:icon_lol:

Jagdflieger
February 1st, 2012, 09:27
I don't think that I've ever lost a good pen (Schafer fountain pens being my favorite), but man, where have all those socks gone? Army socks, hunting socks, dress socks, athletic socks , socks with holes in them and stupid Chrismas gift socks. They need to sell socks in triplets and not pairs. Then when one goes AWOL or deserts, we'll have a back up sock to make a complete pair.

Roadburner440
February 1st, 2012, 10:26
I know how you feel OBIO.. I hate when I lose stuff. Especially when I could of swore I put it somewhere... I commend you for keeping the same vehicle though. I am a penny pincher myself on just about EVERYTHING except when it comes to my car. People look at me like I am nuts cause I wear my tennis shoes till they are flat on the bottom, wear my socks till they have holes, and wear plain non-designer clothes I get from Wal-Mart cause I feel the malls are a rip off. Man I love cars though. I think if it wasn't for the cars and FSX I wouldn't have ANY hobbies at all. :icon_lol:

On the topic of pens though I must say my favorites are the Pilot G-2 gel pens.. I refuse to write with anything else. Love the way they seemlessly glide on the paper, and the thick black line they make. Writting with anything else I feel like I almost have to rip the paper to get it to work, and find myself scribbling until the ink starts to flow. Only to try and write, and it does nothing but indent the paper. Gah! I hate cheap pens. Hopefully you find them though.. I learned to buy my G-2's at Sam's or BJ's cause my pens wander off a lot. Whether people at work snag them off my desk, or my wife uses it and leaves it somewhere. Not sure if they sell yours, but I suggest you do the same.

Odie
February 1st, 2012, 10:42
OBIO, you can trace this back to items learning to disappear from.....socks. You put 10 into a washer/dryer and only 9 come out. It's a sealed machine and they still get out.
Rest assured, somewhere in an alternate universe, there are worlds populated by all sorts of objects being led by socks.

I have it on good authority that socks became self-aware on August 21, 1933 at 1:01am.......:icon_lol:

arfyhun
February 1st, 2012, 11:14
OBIO, car keys and tools. There must be some poor bloke here in Gt. Britain who is terrified to go out because every time he does he trips over spanners, socket sets, axle stands, complete tool boxes et al.
I should think he must have spent a small fortune moving into bigger houses every ten years or so just to provide enough space for them..
I collect British ink pens of the past, (my favourite being Valentine, my middle name [pose]) but they never escape me because I never use them. I keep them in boxes, some in isolation. The pen I use is my mother's 'cracked ice' Conway Stewart c.1953. I sit up all night watching it...
Oft times I am sure I catch it writing to the others. I think they are organising a mass break-out.

The tablets definitely help me.

Graham Sullivan. London.

n4gix
February 1st, 2012, 11:59
The tablets definitely help me.

Would those be the Prozac tablets?

I've long known that hangers (not hangars) are sentient beings, since they always manage to vanish at the most inopportune times!

Just the other day I took my favorite winter coat off the hanger, put the hanger back into the closet, and started to leave the house. When I saw that it was snowing very heavily, I changed my mind about going to the store. When I reached into the closet to rehang my coat...

...the bloody hanger had vanished into thin air! I suspect that it translocated itself to the alternate dimension from which all hangers originally come... :bump:

yank51
February 1st, 2012, 12:23
It's just a conspiracy OBIO, trust me. It goes with the voices that we all seem to hear from time to time. That's actually the pens and the socks talking to each
other is all....:bump:

napamule
February 2nd, 2012, 19:28
Quote: "On the topic of pens though I must say my favorites are the Pilot G-2 gel pens.. I refuse to write with anything else."

Well, uno momento, por favor!! The BEST pen out there has to be the Paper Mate 'Profile' (Click Pen). 1.4 mm (Bold) tip. Smooth as silk, but sturdy as a sword. I refuse to use anything else. 4 for $6.99. It ALWAYS writes until the last drop of ink has been used. Been using them for about 8 years. I make notes daily about sim and real life related topics, so I write daily a page or so. And they are found everywhere (even Wal-Mart). After you use it just once you will not go back to 'gel', whatever that is (heehee).
Chuck B
Napamule

brad kaste
February 3rd, 2012, 05:27
Quote: "On the topic of pens though I must say my favorites are the Pilot G-2 gel pens.. I refuse to write with anything else."

Well, uno momento, por favor!! The BEST pen out there has to be the Paper Mate 'Profile' (Click Pen). 1.4 mm (Bold) tip. Smooth as silk, but sturdy as a sword. I refuse to use anything else. 4 for $6.99. It ALWAYS writes until the last drop of ink has been used. Been using them for about 8 years. I make notes daily about sim and real life related topics, so I write daily a page or so. And they are found everywhere (even Wal-Mart). After you use it just once you will not go back to 'gel', whatever that is (heehee).
Chuck B
Napamule

napamule,...............I couldn't agree with you more. The Paper Mate 'Profile' click pen can't be beat. Besides stuffing enough of these pens into the kitchen and desk drawer, I passed a batch over to my brother. The Profiles also have a nice broad point to them. Which gives a "solid" confident feel when used. All in all,...one solid pen.

rhumbaflappy
February 4th, 2012, 04:53
When I lose something, the first thing I ask myself is :

Where did my wife put it?

That usually leads to it's location. Also, I always find things in the last place I look for them. :icon_lol:

Dick

Trans_23
February 4th, 2012, 07:37
OBIO,...............sounds like another typical case of terminal CRS*. I suffer from that too. Pens,...because of their size and mobility move around freely without you or them knowing it! Yep,...they can be assigned that specific kitchen drawer one moment and then for some goofy reason wind up in another part of the house all together! It just doesn't make sense. And their cost has nothing to do with it.
To a lesser degree,....sets of keys and hot coffee within cups suffer the same fate. Here one moment,...gone the next. There's no logical explanation for it.

*CRS: Can't Remember S**t

My problem is K*I*D*S= Kids. Pens always disappear but a #2 pencil with the eraser rubbed down to the metal can be found anywhere in the house or garage.

Tako_Kichi
February 4th, 2012, 08:09
Also, I always find things in the last place I look for them. :icon_lol:
That happens to everyone but why do we never look in that place first! :isadizzy: