PDA

View Full Version : FPS drop at airfields

Meso
December 20th, 2008, 03:55
Hi there,

Recently i have noticed a significant drop when im near or on an airport. It does not really make a difference which airport it is. i usually reach 25 fps (where it is locked at), but this drops to 8-10 when im near an airfield. also it does not matter which plane im flying.

I have x-graphics and active sky-x installed, do these applications cause issues like i'm seeing? I have the autogen slider set to normal and scenery complexity to extremely dense. this however was always the case without such a drop in fps.

could add-on planes also cause this? i have the following installed:
alphasim t-6 and t-34C
aerosoft f-16
realair spitfire

I tried nhancer and that helped a bit with the overall performance, maybe there is a setting i've missed that could solve this.

kind regards and thanks in advance,

Meso

kilo delta
December 20th, 2008, 05:17
Do you have lots of AI or airports vehicles at these airports? Try reducing the AI to see if it helps.:)

Lawman
December 20th, 2008, 05:20
Try setting the framerate-slider to "unlimited" if you haven't done so. Worked for me, though ground texture loading is slower as a result. See here for a discussion on the matter:
http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=20850

Meso
December 20th, 2008, 06:08
Do you have lots of AI or airports vehicles at these airports? Try reducing the AI to see if it helps.:)

I have only GA traffic enabled and the slider is on 30%

i will try the fps limiter as well

Meso
December 20th, 2008, 06:15
holy crap!!!!! that fps thing is killing! i always had it on 25 and i had at Oshkosh 8-15 fps in the aerosoft f-16. setting the fps to unlimited gave me 25-30 fps :wiggle:

didnt fly yet so i will try that right now!