PDA

View Full Version : scenery question

Bone
January 31st, 2012, 09:49
I've tried to place some scenery objects from a particular scenery library, and when I try to place them I get a warning window telling me that those objects cannot be placed outside of a specific geographical area. I'm trying to place some objects from the ACG Bentwaters_Woodbridge scenery, to some USAFE bases in Germany. Any ideas on how to get these objects to place outside of their geographical area? I'm using Instant Scenery2.

falcon409
January 31st, 2012, 10:24
Yea Steve, some objects, even default FSX are coded for use only in a specific area and unfortunately there's no way I know of to trick the system into allowing them to be used in other sceneries.:salute:

Bone
January 31st, 2012, 11:27
OK, thanks Ed. That is def too bad it works that way.

jdhaenens
January 31st, 2012, 12:06
Scenery authors can "Geo Lock" their object libraries by placing the placement data in the same .bgl as the object data. To un-Geo-Lock it, you'd have to split the placement and object data into separate .bgl's.

Jim

falcon409
January 31st, 2012, 15:19
Scenery authors can "Geo Lock" their object libraries by placing the placement data in the same .bgl as the object data. To un-Geo-Lock it, you'd have to split the placement and object data into separate .bgl's.
Jim
Thanks Jim, good info.:salute: