PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas Everyone! Nachtpiloten's Halibags Uploaded at Beau's

BeauBrummie
December 20th, 2008, 02:33
You are a lucky bunch of people. First a load of Do 217's at the beginning of the month and now Nachpiloten presents his first work for Coastal Command three Merlin powered Halibags. I have altered the original loadouts to carry a flare/ DC mix, so you'll need to have ETO 1.2 which has the appropriate flares.

The Aircraft
Halifax GRII Sr.Ia_JP165D, No. 58 Sqn, Stornoway, early 1945.

Halifax GRV Sr.II_DG250C, No. 1674 Heavy Conversion Unit, Aldergrove, May 1945.

Halifax GRV Sr.II_HR686J, No. 502 Sqn, St Eval, Summer 1944.

Get them from BeausCFS3 (http://www.beauscfs3.co.uk/) in the Downloads/Aircraft/Coastal Command section.

Beauho-ho!

NachtPiloten
December 20th, 2008, 04:02
These were based on Starrynight's original B3. Must not forget to thank him for his great work!!!! Hope you like them. I am cleaning house so to speak so 4-6 other halifaxes are on the way very soon. 4 are being tested now and I have three more to send out before uploading them here at SOH. The flightmodels are temporary and I hope I can get better ones, but if not these will do!

You'll find little quirks here and there but all in all they are fairly accurate!

ronnybengt
December 20th, 2008, 04:04
hail the masters, hail the masters!!!!

R

markjhnstn
December 20th, 2008, 06:02
Excellent!! Someone correct me if I am wrong but i think this is the first time in any sim that a Merlin-powered Halifax has appeared!!!!

Many thanks

loverboy1
December 20th, 2008, 06:26
what sound files are recommended for these babies ....b254 sound files or suggestions tks

NachtPiloten
December 20th, 2008, 06:38
what sound files are recommended for these babies ....b254 sound files or suggestions tks

I use the dr sounds for the lancaster merlins

Pat Pattle
December 20th, 2008, 06:52
Thanks Nacht & Beau, thats great news. :applause::applause: I'l be putting some hours in on those for sure. :)

CFS3 continues to get better and better!!

NachtPiloten
December 20th, 2008, 09:34
Thanks Nacht & Beau, thats great news. :applause::applause: I'l be putting some hours in on those for sure. :)

CFS3 continues to get better and better!!

The glider tug is being evaluated now and 3 bc versions are going to be uploaded in a day or so. Need to get this done since hd is tired of having the halifaxes plus 15 lancasters just sitting there.

With the lancasters the Tirpitz will not be safe anymore.

greycap.raf
December 20th, 2008, 10:14
You'll find little quirks here and there but all in all they are fairly accurate!
Unfortunately I have to say I found a little quirk in one of the 3D models. The GR. II has four bladed propellers when the engines are turned off, four bladed propellers when they're ticking over and three bladed propellers when the revs are high... I guess the blade thief struck again. :kilroy:

ndicki
December 20th, 2008, 10:27
:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Thanks, Ted!

NachtPiloten
December 20th, 2008, 10:50
Unfortunately I have to say I found a little quirk in one of the 3D models. The GR. II has four bladed propellers when the engines are turned off, four bladed propellers when they're ticking over and three bladed propellers when the revs are high... I guess the blade thief struck again. :kilroy:

I guess I have to learn how to count! Thought I fixed that one! Probably won't be all you'll find!

jaycee
December 22nd, 2008, 08:09
Thanks to you guys for a wonderful Xmas Prezzie, I do have one small query, I know the cockpits are rudimentery, But should they look like this or am i missing some texture files. Not a criticism just a query.

NachtPiloten
December 22nd, 2008, 08:50
Thanks to you guys for a wonderful Xmas Prezzie, I do have one small query, I know the cockpits are rudimentery, But should they look like this or am i missing some texture files. Not a criticism just a query.

Should have a halifax interior file. Hmm might have forgot to give it to Beau. I'll send it to him. Should look like this.

OberstDanjeje
December 22nd, 2008, 09:05
I have the same problem, but even the gunners are black

loverboy1
December 22nd, 2008, 09:10
when i updated and downloaded missions all owrked but one , says had issue with one of the planes ....thios one after updated

do218 e4 verions

loverboy1
December 22nd, 2008, 09:11
love my english need pig latin translator most got my point ...lol

jaycee
December 22nd, 2008, 09:24
Should have a halifax interior file. Hmm might have forgot to give it to Beau. I'll send it to him. Should look like this.

Thanks NP. Would hate to be flying your fantastic hallis Not at there best.

phrog_phixer
December 22nd, 2008, 13:19
The textures I'm missing are these:

hakifax_interior.dds
halifax_b2_lgr_t.dds
halifax_b2_lgr_s.dds
british_crew_life jacket.dds

Does anyone have them?

Otherwise, OUTSTANDING WORK!!!!:ernae:

chriseponymous
December 22nd, 2008, 14:20
These aircraft are great well done and thank you! I get the same problem with the cockpits but saying that the full version looks far from rudimentery. Is there a fix? Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

NachtPiloten
December 22nd, 2008, 15:12
The textures I'm missing are these:

hakifax_interior.dds
halifax_b2_lgr_t.dds
halifax_b2_lgr_s.dds
british_crew_life jacket.dds

Does anyone have them?

Otherwise, OUTSTANDING WORK!!!!:ernae:

I'll get the british_crew to beau. The halifax_interior is on its way. The others will be fixed with the new uploads. I have had this stuff on the machine for soooo long I forgot what was needed!!!

Ok Uploaded the british-crew textures to SOH in the textures section of CFS3. I think Capt Winters made them but for the life of me I don't remember!

BeauBrummie
December 24th, 2008, 23:30
Ted has sent the interior.dds to me and I've uploaded to Beau's and have updated the aircraft set zip with it.

Merry Christmas

Led Zeppelin
December 25th, 2008, 11:12
simply fantastic, many, many thanks.

As I'm from Lorient, I like to fly anti-sub patrols over the Bay of Biscay, this is the first time I can really do it with a flight sim.

Hey, all people involved in all theses coastal aircrafts available at Beau's website makes me happy, thanks again! :applause:

BeauBrummie
December 25th, 2008, 23:36
Well you may like to know the Ronnybengt has uncovered of the lorient airbase which was home to V/KG 40, so fingers crossed eh!

Beau

Led Zeppelin
December 26th, 2008, 01:01
yep, Lann Bihoue!!

It's now divided in two parts: one civilian (this is where I land when I come back by plane) and the other one is still military (home of some Breguet Atlantique)

I love to come back home by plane, arrival is beautifull with the sea, beaches of Guidel / Fort Bloqué and the isle of Groix.

I'll try to build an historical mission that occured at night between a Coastal Command Halifax and a u-boot just in front of Lorient, under heavy flack fire coming from the terrible isle of Groix battery.

ndicki
December 26th, 2008, 01:54
I have the same problem, but even the gunners are black

Grief, china, don't tell the Saffas! :costumes:

ronnybengt
December 30th, 2008, 12:56
LEd......anything done....i can test it....good to see ya ..!!!!

R

Led Zeppelin
December 30th, 2008, 22:12
Lann Bihoue available in the ETO, you makes me happy!!