PDA

View Full Version : FS 9 Scenery Designers, This One's for You!

Jagdflieger
January 30th, 2012, 22:08
Post away guys.

rdaniell
January 31st, 2012, 05:31
Post away guys.

First thing I want to post is a repeat of part of my response to Jadflieger's post in the general 2002/2004 Forum.

In order to create scenery, I have downloaded ever scenery object I can find. They are all residing in my AddOn Scenery/Scenery Objects folder.
When I build a scenery, I just pull out whatever I think will look ok in the scenery. Anyone else installing that scenery folder will need to have those objects installed with textures or the scenery will not display as built.

It used to be that I tried to keep the objects and textures in the individual addon scenery folders. That works but, the folders then become so big that it takes forever to upload and then download them.

Romeo-Delta

rdaniell
January 31st, 2012, 06:12
An example of installing someone else's scenery. Another member here at the Outhouse recently sent me a copy of his airstrip. All he sent was the BGL file and the AFCAD file. Since I have all the objects that he used already installed in my Addon Scenery/Scenery Objects folder, his airstrip works just great.

Romeo-Delta

ian elliot
January 31st, 2012, 12:20
Ive been following this thread from the FS2004 post, and i have to be honest, im having trouble understanding what issue your raising, if its an issue over access to third party scenery objects, including the librarys, include in my own scenery, then there are many out there all freely avialable and easy to install and ready to use, but there again i may have missed something,
I hope im not coming across as anti or such, you may be onto something but i have'nt quite worked out what yet :icon_lol:
cheers ian

rdaniell
January 31st, 2012, 12:40
Ian, if you figure it out, would you please let me know. For my part, I'd like to see this thread just die a natural death due to lack of clarity.

Romeo-Delta

ian elliot
February 2nd, 2012, 23:23
Just out of intrest, im wondering if you've seen this package, i have this installed as im a cal classic fan and use the period airports alot to fly from, its a large download but the amount of objects you get is fantastic, there mainly for use with EZ-Scenery but i think they will work with most other object placer programs.

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Scenery ObjectsFS2004 Classic Scenery Libraries
[ Download (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/kdl.php?fid=150800) | View (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=150800) ]
Name: classic_libraries.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/kdl.php?fid=150800) Size: 178,665,564 Date: 10-19-2010 Downloads: 2,477
FS2004 Classic Scenery Libraries. One of the major problems installing scenery is that you have to search for, download, and install all the various third party scenery libraries used in the airport scenery. This package is designed to make this much easier. It contains almost all of the addon scenery libraries required for classic era airport scenery (1950's and 1960's). Compiled by Wolfgang Gersch.

cheers ian