PDA

View Full Version : Radio Call Sounds

Good_2_Be
December 19th, 2008, 21:44
Does anyone know how to get the British an German Radio call sounds to work? Or has anybody modified the GVR files in the radio file to get them working?

hewman100
December 20th, 2008, 02:27
Have you got the right entry in your country.cfg file G2B?

Open it up and in the list of data for each country there's a piece that deals with chatter. I can't remember exactly what it is but the default for this with the exception of the Japanese is USA. For British it needs to be changed to BRI and for German it needs to be changed to GER.

Rami
December 20th, 2008, 03:49
Eric,

Hewman is right, but a demonstration might be more helpful for ya.

First off, let's get the GVR sounds.

British: http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/syb2.cgi?section=cfs&file=fvb_brit_radio_calls.zip

German: http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/syb2.cgi?section=cfs&file=fvb_german_radio_calls.zip

Now, in order to make them work, you must make an adjustment to your country.cfg

By default, they look like this:

[country.1]
name=Great Britain
short_name=USA
nationality=British
heading=oclock

[country.2]
name=Germany
short_name=USA
nationality=German
heading=bearing

To activate the new sounds, change them to this:

[country.1]
name=Great Britain
short_name=BRI
nationality=British
heading=oclock

[country.2]
name=Germany
short_name=GER
nationality=German
heading=bearing

That should fix your problem. :d

Talk to you later, man. :wavey:

I need to get my boots on and go shovel the driveway, we got a foot of snow last night, and I'm bracing for another storm on Sunday, with rain, sleet, and then snow on the backside. Then, it's supposed to rain on Christmas, with temps close to fifty. I also need to test my sump pump, I may need it if the basement floods from all the melting. :banghead:

Sigh...You gotta love winter in New England. :barf:

Good_2_Be
December 20th, 2008, 07:53
Perfect Thanks :applause:

I had the wrong files for the radio but I did find a handy little program for changing the wav. files in the gvr file, Done by Martin Wright, Thank you Mr. Wright :ernae:

Rami sorry about the snow and such...that mess hit us mon, tue and wed, left a 2 feet of snow in Flag :snowman: and yes it is still cold here.

Good_2_Be
December 20th, 2008, 08:01
Wow could have saved myself a headache if I had these files first...even got a tutorial for changing the wav files.......:banghead:

Thanks Again :ernae: