PDA

View Full Version : New Sim on the Block

JohnC
January 29th, 2012, 18:02
AeroflyFS that is. This seems to be a well polished product on initial release. Flight mechanics are quite nice and graphics are wonderful since it's a "flat world" simulator, there's hardly any noticeable shift in LOD as you look out on the horizon. Frames and load times are very pleasant too. All adds up to be a top notch canyon flyer or low-n-slow simulator.

crashaz
January 29th, 2012, 18:06
Been watching news on this.

Bomber_12th
January 29th, 2012, 18:08
Hoping to finally pick this up within the next month - I've been quite impressed by the videos that have been being posted to Youtube, if for nothing else but the scenery and physics displayed. Very nice screenshots, John!

Lionheart
January 30th, 2012, 17:31
I am wanting this SOOOOO BAD! I watched YouTube footage on it last night for nearly an hour. They have some amazing physics setup in this sim. The flight in the Superbug is amazing. A very good virtual pilot...

Merlin216
January 30th, 2012, 18:59
For those of you who have been watching this new sim, I have a few questions.

First off it looks incredible. Taking a look at their website (http://www.aeroflyfs.com/index.php/en/everything-about-aereoflyfs/overview.html), I was very impressed. The scenery looks incredible, and so do the graphics. I am curious how accurate and detailed the aircraft and physics are though.

My questions are more aimed towards further development. This sim looks great as it is now, but I would hope there will be some further expansion into other countries, and added aircraft. Any word if they might do this, and if there will be support for 3rd party developers? I also didn't see anything about multiplayer, but I only did a quick look at the website before posting.

Milton Shupe
January 30th, 2012, 20:07
Looks nice.

Saw this comment in the repaint section:

"The sim is excellent if you like splendid mountain scenery and better than MSFS flight dynamics. Despite being at this stage quite 'shallow' (no nav, no AI, no comms, no 24hr clock) what it does, offering sunny day flying in credible single engine planes and gliders, it does supremely well. The high speed booting is a thing of joy!"

Looks like a WIP yet of course so, yes, it is continuing to evolve as also illustrated by the new aircraft being released as announced and downloadable in the forums.

SirBenn21
January 30th, 2012, 20:14
I'm a glider pilot, so this makes me very happy! Gliders gliders gliders... :jump::jump::jump:

The shopping page is a bit difficult to figure out at first. They also sell rc simulator stuff.

Looks good!

Ben

PCAviator
January 31st, 2012, 03:15
This is a conversion and upgrade to their AeroFly RC simulator software, which was quite good. With a bit of work, this could turn into a nice little sim, and the mechanics are there for users to make it much better too it seems, especially with scenery.

SirBenn21
January 31st, 2012, 04:01
This is a conversion and upgrade to their AeroFly RC simulator software, which was quite good. With a bit of work, this could turn into a nice little sim, and the mechanics are there for users to make it much better too it seems, especially with scenery.

So this is not a stand alone sim???

bstolle
January 31st, 2012, 04:05
Yes, it's a stand alone sim. Had it installed for a week but once the initial wow effect is gone, there's not much that comes even close to FSX or x-plane apart from the superb lighting engine. Uninstalled it rather quickly.

Chris Sykes
January 31st, 2012, 05:45
looks nice, but hugely over priced (£75) and for not a lot compaired to FSX...

JohnC
January 31st, 2012, 06:30
I bought it shipped to Washington State for ~62USD from their international store just a week ago.

SirBenn21
January 31st, 2012, 12:01
Yes, it's a stand alone sim. Had it installed for a week but once the initial wow effect is gone, there's not much that comes even close to FSX or x-plane apart from the superb lighting engine. Uninstalled it rather quickly.

That's sad to hear. Was hoping for a better soaring experience.

Maybe you want to send your copy over here to Oz for a bit of a preview? :costum:

Ben