PDA

View Full Version : MilViz Cessna 310R Mission and Airport

Skyhawk_310R
January 28th, 2012, 06:29
MilViz is going to create freeware missions and customized airports for all its aircraft, including those previously released for sale. We consider this a bonus and a thank you to our customers. Even if you did not purchase our aircraft the missions were designed for, you at least get free customized airports.

Our first Mission is now released for our first aircraft, our Cessna 310R. The link to download your choice of WinRAR or ZIP archive is located in the MilViz C-310R General Support forum: http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1628&p=13131#p13131

In addition to the links there is a description of what the mission accomplishes. Essentially it is what one would expect to get from an MEI-I on a pilot's first multi-engine training flight. But, it is interactive, which means you define the amount of instruction you actually want, and if you desire it, you receive only the techniques to set the optimal power settings in the 310R for takeoff, pattern arrival, approach, and landing. Plus, if you've ever been curious what I sound like talking, now you get your chance to find out as I play the role of your multi-engine instructor! LOL!!!

In the near future, I'm going to create additional 310R missions to focus on the FAA Practical Test Standards for an AMEL certificate, such as a drag demo and a Vmc demo -- and yes, realistic situations for engine failure with your MEI-I talking you through how to deal with it safely!

BTW: call out to one of our very own SOH members here, Jim Dhaenens, as I used his excellent T-Hangars -- with his written permission of course -- at this very accurate Portales Municipal Airport (KPRZ). Basing my aircraft at Portales allowed me to nail down how the real airport looks and render it that way in FSX. For being in the middle of East New Mexico, and a small town, Portales has a very well maintained and equipped GA airport. Speaking of which, it's time for me to head out the door to fly the real 310R over the real Portales, NM!

So, it's free, so feel free to grab it now!

Cheers,

Ken

crashaz
January 28th, 2012, 15:56
Good news... been thinking about picking up the 310R. Guess this settles it. :wavey:

Felixthreeone
January 28th, 2012, 16:11
Very nice gesture, and cool content....nice to see the developer of one of the best multi-engine addons ever made for FSX actually CONTINUING support, long after the release of the plane. That is quite admirable! Thanks!

AussieMan
January 28th, 2012, 17:25
Great news as I own the 310R. Email sent regarding registration for the forums.

Skyhawk_310R
January 28th, 2012, 18:00
Great news as I own the 310R. Email sent regarding registration for the forums.

My apologies! I did not realize one needed to obtain registration on the MilViz forums just to read a thread and click a link. It was not my intention to have strings attached to this offer. Freeware is freeware -- no strings attached, intentional or unintentional. So, here are the links to my personal server to download the package.

WinRAR Archive: http://www.kenstallings.com/downloads/C-310R_Missions_Airbases_&_Traffic.rar

ZIP Archive: http://www.kenstallings.com/downloads/C-310R_Missions_Airbases_&_Traffic.zip

Same package, just two different methods of archive to accomodate those who have the more efficient RAR application. So, download your choice.

Cheers,

Ken

AussieMan
January 28th, 2012, 18:04
Ken, I am downloading the file as I type this. No registration was required to download.

Just wanted to be part of the forum so I could post there.

Skyhawk_310R
January 28th, 2012, 18:12
Ken, I am downloading the file as I type this. No registration was required to download.

Just wanted to be part of the forum so I could post there.

OK, thanks for the clarification! The only reason I did not originally put the links here was to make it more convenient on me to have one place to keep up with all the updates to these various missions I'm working on.

Cheers,

Ken

lawdawg
January 28th, 2012, 19:27
Thank you very much Ken.

AussieMan
January 28th, 2012, 21:28
Thanks Ken ... all downloaded and installing.

Anneke
January 29th, 2012, 05:20
Hi Ken. thanks very much. I very much like the whole idea behind the missions. I would love to see a series of checkrides for the 310 and would gladly pay for it too...:applause:

Skyhawk_310R
January 29th, 2012, 14:20
Hi Ken. thanks very much. I very much like the whole idea behind the missions. I would love to see a series of checkrides for the 310 and would gladly pay for it too...:applause:

That's actually where I am taking this. I am currently working on the second training sortie, which covers many of the FAA AMEL Pratical Test Standards and within the practical limitations of FSX, attempt to guide you through performance of the maneuvers to within the test standards of an FAA AMEL Commercial checkride.

In the future, any time MilViz releases a new GA aircraft, the missions will be constructed to provide this same realistic virtual replication of FAA flight training. Of course, in no way is anyone at MilViz (certainly not myself) saying this qualifies as actual flight training -- that would frankly be a stupid thing to claim. But, I am using the actual FAA PTS for the Commercial ASEL and AMEL as my guide for setting up this training missions.

As far as paying for them, all you need to pay for is the MilViz aircraft they are designed for. Consider it a bonus for purchasing our aircraft!

Cheers,

Ken

Skyhawk_310R
January 29th, 2012, 14:21
Anybody flown the first one yet, and have comments or feedback to offer?

Ken

lawdawg
January 29th, 2012, 17:22
Ken,
I have flown it (last night).
I have come across nothing of this kind/quality since flight simming.
I used the detailed instructions throughout the mission, rather than think I know it all.
I learned things I did not know. Will go through this again a few more times.
Like the included scenery as well. Nice bonus with the instruction!
Thank you for the time and effort invested in this for us. Really appreciated.

Skyhawk_310R
January 29th, 2012, 17:50
Ken,
I have flown it (last night).
I have come across nothing of this kind/quality since flight simming.
I used the detailed instructions throughout the mission, rather than think I know it all.
I learned things I did not know. Will go through this again a few more times.
Like the included scenery as well. Nice bonus with the instruction!
Thank you for the time and effort invested in this for us. Really appreciated.

I certainly appreciate your kind words -- very thoughtful of you! I'm just relieved to see that it works like I intended it to! LOL!!!

I think you'll really like the second mission that I'm about 75% finished with today. I should be able to finish it early next week.

Ken

lawdawg
January 30th, 2012, 03:17
I look forward to the next one Ken.
I will use this one a few more in the meantime :cool:

Skyhawk_310R
January 31st, 2012, 19:40
The second mission is complete! Both the WinRAR and the ZIP archive files are uploading to my server as I type this. If all goes as planned, the WinRAR will be ready for download in a half hour and the ZIP file a few hours after that.

Details about the mission are at the MilViz site -- same llink as posted in the first post of this thread.

Cheers,

Ken

lawdawg
January 31st, 2012, 22:53
Looking forward to it Ken,
thank you very much.

greenie
February 1st, 2012, 00:49
Thank you Ken, very enjoyable for me . I learnt a couple of things ( possibly more but I dont want to humble myself too much!! ).
I am impressed with the no nonsence straight approach with the narrative. How about developing this into a payware course on flying lessons in general or similar instruction on the F15. This is definitely worth the money !!

Skyhawk_310R
February 1st, 2012, 04:45
The WinRAR completed its upload late last night. But the ZIP file had to be restarted just now this morning. If you prefer WinRAR format for the archive, it is ready now. Same link as I previously provided in this thread. If the server connection doesn't reset on me as it did last night, the ZIP archive should be ready in about 2.5 hours.

Cheers,

Ken

Skyhawk_310R
February 1st, 2012, 17:26
The ZIP file FINALLY uploaded to my server! I have no idea if it was merely my ISP connection or the server, but I had to attempt five uploads to get the thing uploaded just now!

So, both the WinRAR and the ZIP options are now available for download.

Ken

Skyhawk_310R
February 1st, 2012, 19:37
Anyone successfully completed the second mission? If so, how did you like the end part?

BTW: the final goal to get success is to land at Portales, and I think FSX requires that you touchdown in the normal landing zone. On my last test flight, I landed long of the zone and never got credit for the landing.

Ken

Skyhawk_310R
February 5th, 2012, 20:31
Third mission is complete and ready for download. Be sure to check out the thread at the MilViz site because I made some changes also to the second mission and also to the way the package is archived:

http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1628&p=13405#p13405

Ken

rvn817j
February 8th, 2012, 02:59
Things have been looking up for me (survived my second hernia operation last week) and I've been considering that multi-engine IFR rating. So Ken starts this "mission thing" to teach folks about RW multi-engine flying. I believe that FSX can be a great training platform and, since I have been coveting the Milviz C310, I don't need many more excuses. I tried out the first mission over the past several days and have found it hugely informative. Great plane, great tutorial missions from Ken and a great learning experience. You all should give it a try.

Anneke
February 8th, 2012, 11:06
Hi Ken, thanks so much. This is great stuff!!!!

Naruto-kun
February 8th, 2012, 11:48
Just having some issues with my connection when trying to download...my first attempts at flying this baby were a embarrasment....

JAllen
February 8th, 2012, 13:43
Flown, badly, the first mission. Apologize but I gave Ken such a work out!! Thinking he had to repeat the repeats before i understood. Sorry Ken.
Wow, some really cool things to learn. Loved the strobe light logic and the mag check explanation. Amazed that I got it all to work.

Ken is doing us all a huge service. So happy there are more mission lessons to work on. Thank you so very much. I'm feeling almost smart enough to try it again!!

Thanks again Ken,
Jim

Skyhawk_310R
February 8th, 2012, 15:41
Glad to see things are working as intended for you folks. I got a bit under the weather and did not do any further work on the missions. But, I'm finally starting to feel better and expect to have much more done by end of this weekend.

Cheers,

Ken

Skyhawk_310R
February 27th, 2012, 20:11
Those who were having issues with the second and third missions apparently hanging up early into it (essentially doing nothing -- no voice) the issue has been identified and fixed. The revised second and third missions are now ready for you to download in your choice of WinRAR or ZIP archive formats. Same links as before and you can visit this MilViz forum thread and click the links for your choice of archive format for the second and third missions. The links are all listed on the first post in that thread.

The issue was a case of me using what I thought was a stock FSX airplane, but instead it was a stock aircraft for FS2004! It was the Cessna 182 IFR model! Well, I replaced it with the red livery stock FSX Baron 58. So, that should solve the issue for everyone. Please give it another shot and let me know how it works out for you.

I highly suggest you delete the old second and third missions located in your FSX Missions/MilViz/C-310R folder and then do a clean copy and paste of the two revised mission folders.

Cheers,

Ken