PDA

View Full Version : AI Aircraft Traffic

rdaniell
January 28th, 2012, 06:06
I need some advice here fellas. Where do I need to set my AI traffic so I see some airplanes in the sky? Presently, it is set about 2/3 of the way. I see all kind of traffic on the roads but, nothing at the airport or in the sky. I don't fly out of big airports so I don't know if there is airplane traffic there or not as I don't really care. I just want to see some traffic at my local airport. Second question: Can I generate my own AI using TTools?

Thanks,

Romeo-Delta

Victory103
January 28th, 2012, 06:16
If you have the cpu power, push up the slider to 100%. TTools doesn't work with FSX AI, as FS9 and FSX traffic files are slightly different. I use AIFP 2, which allows me to convert made for FS9 traffic files to work in FSX. I do use TTools to make some quick changes, then use AIFP2 to convert my changes to FSX. Make sure if you start this process you do not mix FS9 files in your FSX set up, you will notice some issues.

rdaniell
January 28th, 2012, 06:57
If you have the cpu power, push up the slider to 100%. TTools doesn't work with FSX AI, as FS9 and FSX traffic files are slightly different. I use AIFP 2, which allows me to convert made for FS9 traffic files to work in FSX. I do use TTools to make some quick changes, then use AIFP2 to convert my changes to FSX. Make sure if you start this process you do not mix FS9 files in your FSX set up, you will notice some issues.

Thanks. I will give your suggestion a shot. So far, I've not seen any appreciable changes to my computer's performance on FS9 with everything maxed. Hopefully I won't see any on FSX. It's brand new and got one of those quad 4 thingys:wiggle: in it. Additionally, it's got loads of RAM, Pam, etc. whatever the heck all that stuff is. :kilroy: And I only use it for flight sim.

Update: I now have AI traffic at my local airport....Thanks.

Romeo-Delta

Dimus
January 28th, 2012, 07:51
A good tool to make AI traffic for FSX is AI Flight planner and you can get it here:

http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?JS=TRUE

rdaniell
January 28th, 2012, 09:55
A good tool to make AI traffic for FSX is AI Flight planner and you can get it here: http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?JS=TRUE

Thanks...:salute:

Romeo-Delta

fsafranek
January 28th, 2012, 10:08
Also make sure you don't have any FS9 specific traffic files in the mix.
That has been known to keep FSX traffic from appearing.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?19202-Lost-AI

Hope this helps.
:ernae:

Skyhawk_310R
January 28th, 2012, 10:29
One more point is that to see AI traffic on the airport, you have to have parking spots on the airport. The problem is that there seemed to be a pacifist streak in Aces Studios as for some strange reason they made sure there were zero parking spots at all the military bases!

Ken

PHo17
January 29th, 2012, 00:07
One more advice. With AIFP2 (AI Flight Planer 2) you can also find all lurking FS9-traffic files (Files -> Find FS9 Traffic Files). Even one of them anywhere can stop FSX Traffic Files to function and you don't see any traffic. Just go through every folder where you have traffic.bgl files.

Pekka

mal998
January 29th, 2012, 08:55
I downloaded AI Flight Planer 2, but it will not show the location of my FSX folder. Is there a way to modify the program so it will allow me to pick the folder manually?

fsafranek
January 29th, 2012, 16:56
One more point is that to see AI traffic on the airport, you have to have parking spots on the airport. The problem is that there seemed to be a pacifist streak in Aces Studios as for some strange reason they made sure there were zero parking spots at all the military bases!

Ken
Yep. I've had to fix that myself a few times. Thankfully many others
feel the same and there are a lot of AFCADs available.
:ernae: