PDA

View Full Version : Restalled FirePower missing Aircraft

JOHNROD
January 27th, 2012, 11:25
:wiggle: I reinstalled FirePower into a clean CFS3 3.1 and for some reason I can not get the B17F,B17G, B-29A, or the Lancaster to show up under aircraft. The game works fine with all others. In the main CFS3/FirePower game folder they show up in the aircraft folder, but don't in the game. Any help would be great...... thanks john

hairyspin
January 27th, 2012, 11:45
Check the aircraft folders to see if the model files are there? If they're missing you may have to reinstall FirePower.

JOHNROD
January 27th, 2012, 12:00
Have SOUND FOLDER, Air file, Bdp file, M3D file, XDP File, Cockpit M3d files, Texture DDs and Mos files. They seem to be all there ???????
John

italflyer
January 27th, 2012, 12:05
Did you update CFS3 to 3.1a? Without the update, you can't have planes with more than two engines, afaik.

JOHNROD
January 27th, 2012, 12:27
Yes,CFS3 updated.

hairyspin
January 27th, 2012, 12:47
Did you update CFS3 to 3.1a?

That's both 3.1 and 3.1a updates, but if that doesn't help I'm not quite sure what next. With other add-ons I'd suspect the need for the NEK add-on, but I don't know that FP needs it.

I'd perhaps try the 3.1a update again since it's only the 4-engine heavies not showing.

JOHNROD
January 27th, 2012, 13:00
Both updates are installed for CFS3. I'm running Windows 7, but it worked before. Going to uninstall and reinstall again and see what happens. If you or anyone else has ideas on what it might be ,please let me know. I'll try anything....... John

italflyer
January 27th, 2012, 13:46
When installing the updates, be sure to run them as admin! (right click on the install-file and choose "run as admin"). And be sure to point the update-installer to the right path (happens to me every now and then while installing things....:icon_lol:)

rocketred
January 27th, 2012, 14:18
patches and path in win7 have loaded with ned , bobs and fp eto -----updated the fp with the patches for them as well ........i have/patches-fp install

JOHNROD
January 27th, 2012, 15:16
The planes are in the aircraft folder in main game along with the other FirePower aircraft add ons. Why is it then that the B17F & G ,B-24 and Lancaster the only ones that don't show up in game but the other FirePower aircraft do and work fine.
I did run all CFS3 updates and FirePower updates twice, once being addmin. Any Ideas, I'm all ears......
Thanks John

ndicki
January 28th, 2012, 06:32
The only thing I can think of is as they've said, that the 3.1a updates didn't take.

To test - go and download one or all of the Liberators here: http://www.beauscfs3.leaveningonline.com/html/liberator_page.html

and install them carefully according to the instructions. If they don't show up in the menu, then it confirms that the updates didn't hit the target, and that four-engined aircraft are not supported.

Uninstall the lot using the uninstaller, sweep away any leftover bits, and start again. Make sure you apply the update patches in the correct order - 3.1, 3.1a, MB.

Old Tiger
January 28th, 2012, 07:50
:wavey:When you installed FP did you install the FirePower updates fpeng107 and fpeng108.

Just a thought!:salute:

ndicki
January 28th, 2012, 09:47
Even without 107 and 108, he should still get the original aircraft. It's no coincidence that the ones that don't show are all 4-engined.

JOHNROD
January 29th, 2012, 07:17
For some reason the cfs3 updates won't update new install of cfs3 ??? Have CFS3 with Just Flights Battle of Britain install and 4 engine aircraft work fine. This is an way earlier install.
I did notice on the Drop Down list for compatability that there is SP 3 and also one for Windows 7 in the 2 upgrades for cfs3. I've tried them both and still same results... No 4 engine planes will show up in game. This is without even installing FirePower.
So there must be something that is keeping the 2 upgrades for cfs3 to cfs3.1 from happening. If anyone has any thing they may know that is causeing this, please let me know.
I have all the other add-ons installed --MAW,ETO,OFF,Rising Sun,PTO Solomons, Korean Skies, Pat's BoB, and Just Flights BoB. All work fine.....
Don't understand why CFS3 won't upgrade to CFS3.1.....
Thanks again ------ John

Snaker
January 29th, 2012, 07:48
Are you using a modified cfs3.exe in your install before trying to add the updates ? I don't think the updates will work if you are.

Another thought - put the updates into the cfs3 main folder and then run them - some applications are funny that way with Vista and Win 7...

-hth

JOHNROD
January 29th, 2012, 21:43
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause::applause::applause:
Snaker that fixed the problem. I was installing the 2 cfs3 updates after changing the cfs3.exe to cfs3win7.exe. Also in the drop down i used Windows 7 and not XP Service Pack 3..
A great THANK YOU to all of you. FirePower is in and all 4 engine aircraft work.
Thanks Again ..... John

italflyer
January 30th, 2012, 00:55
Ah, thought it must be the updates!

Great you got it sorted out!

Snaker
January 30th, 2012, 09:26
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause::applause::applause:
Snaker that fixed the problem. I was installing the 2 cfs3 updates after changing the cfs3.exe to cfs3win7.exe. Also in the drop down i used Windows 7 and not XP Service Pack 3..
A great THANK YOU to all of you. FirePower is in and all 4 engine aircraft work.
Thanks Again ..... John

Glad you got it sorted out! After you install everything then you should be able to replace the original cfs3.exe with the modified one.

:ernae: