PDA

View Full Version : vstudios PT Stearman WIP (Payware)

Deano
January 27th, 2012, 09:49
Hi all, just a few development screenshots of the upcoming PT Stearman military and private civilian.

Planned not guaranteed release will be the '2' variants, Military and Civilian, 12 paintschemes accompanied with '2' airfields, NAS corpus christi and Grimes Airfield.

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss1.png

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss3.png

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss11.png

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss8.png

For those that are hungry, more can be seen here : http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?16-PT-Stearman

Naismith
January 27th, 2012, 10:15
Now that looks fantastic. Looking forward to this!

Barnes
January 27th, 2012, 10:31
Wow - count me in. Only did an hour in one RW and loved it :applause:

papab
January 27th, 2012, 10:34
My hanger is really getting crowded
Going to have to squeeze this one in!

Beautiful Deano!

Rick

Deano
January 27th, 2012, 14:38
these '2' :)

My hanger is really getting crowded
Going to have to squeeze this one in!

Beautiful Deano!

Rick

Cag40Navy
January 27th, 2012, 14:52
Looking good! Just wondering how the DC-3 and B-25 are doing?

heywooood
January 27th, 2012, 16:44
oh it looks so good - especially in that USN scheme - schweet:applause:

PilatusTurbo
January 27th, 2012, 18:07
I'm going to have to get this one, regardless. It looks soo goooooood. Thanks for you and your team on developing this one, Deano. :ernae:

Huge taildragger and Stearman fan, as you may have noticed from my sig and avatar... :d

Deano
January 28th, 2012, 06:44
yes, we're happy with the way she's progressing and very fun to fly.

Dain Arns
January 28th, 2012, 07:58
I am SO glad you are doing the civilian version as well.

Used to be less than an hour away from where "The Red Barons" were based.
Was a fun place to go visit.
Hard to believe it's been almost 5 years since they were disbanded by Schwan's Foods.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/USsbhIQ7J5s?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="360"></iframe>

Roger
January 28th, 2012, 08:04
Looks like a winner Deano:ernae:

big-mike
January 28th, 2012, 08:11
Sure--this one will be a winner.
What`s a sim without a good Stearman?:running:
Michael

Deano
January 28th, 2012, 09:25
Amazing video, thanks for sharing.

We just had to do the Civilian variant because it looks so damn sexy :)

I am SO glad you are doing the civilian version as well.

Used to be less than an hour away from where "The Red Barons" were based.
Was a fun place to go visit.
Hard to believe it's been almost 5 years since they were disbanded by Schwan's Foods.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/USsbhIQ7J5s?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="360"></iframe>

Daveroo
January 28th, 2012, 09:51
im looking forward to "these" as well,in auburn,or at the auburn airport,there is a hanger that was built in the 1930s,,was owned by a man named bill clark,( now decieced) inside is an all original stearman,no one really remembers its modle or year as no one has seen it since the 60s,,the hanger hasnt even been opened in that time....he locked it up and refused to allow anyone in......he was an odd man,,i knew him well,,he was in his late 80s in the 1980s,when i worked for him as a plumber....he had lost his pilots lic in the late 50s or early 60s for an unknown to me reason and locked the plane up,refused to show it to anyone,or sell it,,now his daughter refuses to let anyone see it and steadfastly refuses to sell it...im sure its in HORRIBLE shape by now,,the hanger is wooden,and you can see holes in the roof and the wood on the walls have shrunk so much there are huge gaps,,,thing is,,,,the plane has tarps covering it..so no one has any idea of what shape its in,,,he also had a 1939 lincoln zepher 2 door coupe ( maybe they all were 2door coupes) but it was in perfect condition,not even a swearl mark in the paint from waxing,was absolutely beautiful,but again..it was stored in a tiny little garge and had about 1000 miles on it the last time i saw it in 1993..the family sold it for over 1.2 million dollars us

Felixthreeone
January 28th, 2012, 16:13
One word....YUMMY

AussieMan
January 28th, 2012, 17:48
Looking good ...... may have to build a new hangar soon.

crashaz
January 28th, 2012, 22:11
What comes to mind when I see this plane. Heck with this addition one could almost fly their complete Navy career with Vertigo planes :applause:...just missing an advanced trainer.

Stearman->F6F->F8F->F9F

Deano
January 29th, 2012, 01:18
I'm open to ideas :)

What comes to mind when I see this plane. Heck with this addition one could almost fly their complete Navy career with Vertigo planes :applause:...just missing an advanced trainer.

Stearman->F6F->F8F->F9F

stiz
January 29th, 2012, 01:27
F4F would fill that lineup quite nicely :)

Deano
January 29th, 2012, 02:46
We still have our F4F partly done, it would make sense to finish her off.

Roger
January 29th, 2012, 02:50
I wonder if you've had thoughts for the F3F Deano?

skyhawka4m
January 29th, 2012, 03:05
I personally would love to see Vertigo do Corsair...a late variant like an F4u5N.......but also we need an F4U4 to boot.

Deano
January 29th, 2012, 03:26
If we do plan to release another warbird, we would most likely progress on with the F4F. We stopped development on her when JF disclosed that they was also working on one.

skyhawka4m
January 29th, 2012, 04:15
Dean...if you contact that airport this week...........its very possible my son and I could take a day trip up there on Saturday to get the info and pics you would like of Grimes Field. I don't geet many saturday's off, and with my son I think it might make for a cool side trip for him and I.

crashaz
January 29th, 2012, 09:28
Now that is some good news! If you do get the chance... make sure you also get pictures of the buildings to the east and south of the runway. See attached. :wavey:

heywooood
January 29th, 2012, 09:53
An F4F Wildcat would be nice, I am a Grumman fan....but an F3F, purely for FSX, would be sublime.

I've got the old AH model but its just not gettin' er done

Deano
January 29th, 2012, 10:40
I'll give them a call tomorrow (Monday) and see what they say.

Dean...if you contact that airport this week...........its very possible my son and I could take a day trip up there on Saturday to get the info and pics you would like of Grimes Field. I don't geet many saturday's off, and with my son I think it might make for a cool side trip for him and I.

Deano
January 29th, 2012, 11:12
small Wip update:

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss13.png

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss14.png

roger-wilco-66
January 29th, 2012, 12:50
If we do plan to release another warbird, we would most likely progress on with the F4F. We stopped development on her when JF disclosed that they was also working on one.

!! By all means, please do it !!

Cheers,
Mark

PS: And a Corsair....
PPS: My CC is ready for the Stearman!

PilatusTurbo
February 1st, 2012, 16:06
Yeah, the thread kinda went off the res, with development ideas, but hey... Let's get a bump for current progress on the Stearman! :ernae:

Any new news on release, Deano? Not asking for an exact date, but... Well, ok, I kinda am. :d Just really looking forward to having an awesome Stearman to play around with. :ernae:

heywooood
February 1st, 2012, 16:51
I guess I'll take partial blame for that - I love the look of these new Stearman models and only meant to infer that an F3F done to the same
quality would generate similar enthusiasm...speaking only for myself:kilroy:

Deano - any hint as to what your outfit expects to price the Stearman package for?

PilatusTurbo
February 1st, 2012, 17:10
Ohhhh, Heywoood, I didn't mean it that way, man. :d :ernae:

Actually... I, also, wanted to inquire about the price neighborhood.

As a payware customer of many years, having seen some of the huge price jumps or "inflation" if you will, I would recommend staying in the $20-30 US dollar range. Like the RV-8, which I may still buy, I believe this is a fair range for both sides. You still get a decent amount per purchase, but it's not totally insane like some companies I could but will not name charging $40-60 US dollars for ONE ship.

And, real quick... This thread will not turn into an argument over payware pricing. I was merely making a statement about Vertigo's already great packages and prices, so please, let's stay on topic. :ernae:

Deano
February 1st, 2012, 17:24
The price is yet to be determined, I don't think it'll stretch over $40. However the Boxed version will be higher than the Digital version to cover the publishing costs IE manual etc

Release date is still yet to be decided as we have the authentic recordings from a Stearman to add, however it will be our next release :)

Our current intentions are to release the Stearman with the following :

2 x Models, Military and Civilian with static props IE chocks, covers and so on.
12 x Paints, 6 military and 6 civilian.
2 x Airfields, Grimes airfield and NAS Corpus with static aircraft.

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss15.png

heywooood
February 1st, 2012, 17:48
no worries Pilatus - I like to see threads stick to the OP topic also...I just fell into me own trap over the F3F idea lol

Deano - for all it comes with I think your ballpark asking price is a fair deal, you can go ahead and count my money in.

OleBoy
February 1st, 2012, 18:27
No requests here. I'll be sitting on the fence in anticipation of rave reviews. :kilroy:

YoYo
February 1st, 2012, 21:55
Deano, please remember about paintkit :) .

Deano
February 2nd, 2012, 01:52
we always release a paintkit ;)

PilatusTurbo
February 2nd, 2012, 04:55
I'd have to agree: given everything you'll receive in the package, the price tag of $30 something dollars isn't going to kill me. :ernae: I love the Stearman too much to not buy this. :d My avatar until recently, was the FS9 Sanderson Stearman; loved that plane.

Deano
February 4th, 2012, 15:09
Heres the latest paint that Bruce is working on :

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss16.png

Roger
February 4th, 2012, 15:13
Mexican Air Force...why not, it's a genuine aircraft.

Deano
February 4th, 2012, 15:15
I think its always nice to cover as many nations as possible. We tend to see alot of US and UK based birds. We're currently on the last Military scheme which will be a French version.

OleBoy
February 4th, 2012, 17:00
I surely hope that you give the option to not install repaints that have no interest to consumers. Having to install all those repaints (only to remove the unwanted afterwards) without a choice is a little ridiculous. Not to mention time consuming and a hassle to deal with. Seems to be the norm. Why, I don't know. Something to think about in the install options. If there are others we are interested in, then we can download it at a later time. Or wait until it's done by one of the repainters. :salute:

Roger
February 4th, 2012, 17:04
I surely hope that you give the option to not install repaints that have no interest to consumers. Having to install all those repaints (only to remove the unwanted afterwards) without a choice is a little ridiculous. Not to mention time consuming and a hassle to deal with. Seems to be the norm. Why, I don't know. Something to think about in the install options. If there are others we are interested in, then we can download it at a later time. Or wait until it's done by one of the repainters. :salute:

It's easy enough to delete any paint schemes you don't want, what's the problem?

OleBoy
February 4th, 2012, 17:37
It's also easy to add the option to not install what's not wanted. The installers give the options to do this. So why not incorporate it in the install routine? Then we wouldn't have to manually remove what we didn't want in the beginning.

skyhawka4m
February 4th, 2012, 18:11
Deleting or adding...it takes time. Frankly......I'm glad they are offering some not so common schemes. That blue and white one is awesome.

Deano...I got your message.......I am off every friday for the next couple weeks but if its easier I'd be glad to take a vacation day on a nice sunny day so that I can do the photography you would need for the airport. did they sound like they would be open to it? Also, can you send me a list of specifics that you want...building shots....anles?

Deano
February 5th, 2012, 00:27
Talking on previous released. Once installed, simply highlight the paints you don't like and hit delete. It can't get any more simpler than that, why complicate matters.

What we can do is just add '1' paint to the package for each variant and add the additional paints to our download section.

Barnes
February 5th, 2012, 02:57
It's easy enough to delete any paint schemes you don't want, what's the problem?

I agree - Its quicker to delete stuff than load repaints one by one.

Flame-Prop
February 5th, 2012, 03:39
I was wondering who is flying the plane? I cannot see the Pilot or Passenger :wiggle:

Deano
February 5th, 2012, 03:47
UAV PT17

I was wondering who is flying the plane? I cannot see the Pilot or Passenger :wiggle:

Daveroo
February 5th, 2012, 09:17
UAV PT17

LOL......wheres me waders?

Deano
February 7th, 2012, 12:45
Another Golden Oldie

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss17.png

PilatusTurbo
February 7th, 2012, 15:15
Deano, you're killin' me! I can not wait for this thing. :ernae:

Bomber_12th
February 7th, 2012, 15:30
I'll be very, very happy if the flight dynamics will be accurate enough to allow you to perform this display - nothing less, and nothing more. One of the best tests to ensure the accuracy of the flight dynamics would be to try and recreate this display. This display, as is performed by John Mohr (one of my top ten idols when it comes to current-day pilots) at many different airshows throughout the summer, is all done with just 220 hp, stock to original USAAC/USAAF Stearmans in WWII - thus this type of flying could have been done with any Stearman that came out of the factory during WWII. I believe I have read that at no time during the display does Mohr reach more than 110-115 mph - certainly no more than 120 - and likely tends to hover around 80-85 mph. By studying the display closely, you can also get a fairly good idea as to the level of energy/power that the aircraft can obtain and maintain, as well as the level of maneuverability the aircraft has, with just aileron rolls only, snap rolls with rudder/elevator, rudder authority alone, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flx-TSXBc1E&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Q0qKSFsPo

Deano
February 7th, 2012, 16:11
If any of the acts in this video have been replicated it FSX then yes I can't see why not

Bomber_12th
February 7th, 2012, 16:39
Dean, I'm not really talking about snap rolls or hammer heads, but rather knowing that you can complete a roll, or a loop, or a cuban-eight, etc., at the same airspeeds/altitudes as the real aircraft (but on the same token, not allowing it to do more than it really can). The reason I mention anything, is that I would be concerned that someone, and I'm not singling out anyone, might be tempted to be okay with a rather mundane flight model, as it is a vintage biplane, where as you can really throw a Stearman around in the sky, as long as you have the energy to do so - while at the same time I would also be concerned that someone could make the aircraft too "sprite" as well. I just figure the John Mohr Stearman demonstration is a very good measuring tool to go by.

Just make sure that you are "wringing it out" over the field. ; )

Bomber_12th
February 7th, 2012, 16:44
Having said all of this, I have forgotten to mention how much I like what I'm seeing in the preview screens (I wouldn't have even posted to this thread, if I hadn't)! I don't have very well-trained eyes when it comes to the Stearman, but it definitely 'looks right' (as they say)! Although I do really like the yellow/blue USAAC paint schemes, I'm a sucker for the all-silver later-war USAAF schemes (I'm not sure if the idea has crossed by you or not, but you could also include a Tuskegee example, which might help to further sell the product - there are a few surviving/restored examples that fly today that originally were used by the Tuskegee Airmen - both blue and yellow schemes and later over-all silver schemes).

Deano
February 8th, 2012, 01:05
Personally I've never had the honour to fly a Stearman, however we do have a guy on the beta team that has one on his farm who's built up many hours on the Stearman, so we should be able to drill down the dynamics of this bird.

bruce448
February 13th, 2012, 01:45
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/WAFU448/ZK-STM-1.jpg

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/WAFU448/oldcrow-1.jpg

Bruce

FSN
February 13th, 2012, 05:04
This thing looks great and is a fun flyer so far. I'm starting the sound pack for it today for the boys at VS. Looking forward to it!

big-mike
February 13th, 2012, 06:17
This thing looks great and is a fun flyer so far. I'm starting the sound pack for it today for the boys at VS. Looking forward to it!
Great---when you are doing the sound file.............
Michael

FSN
February 13th, 2012, 06:47
I've started today doing research and already have my Stearman recordings from 2006 I'll be using. I'll start sound designing and stuff tommorrow. Gonna take a few weeks to work on it.

crashaz
February 13th, 2012, 09:28
Great news!! :jump:

Deano
February 23rd, 2012, 09:25
Just a small update to show the cockpit, hope you like them :running:

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss18.png

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss19.png

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss20.png

Barnes
February 23rd, 2012, 09:46
Thats bleeping fantastic - what brilliant texturing - well done :applause:

JAllen
February 23rd, 2012, 09:59
That is looking so sweet right there!!! :applause::applause::applause:

Jim :salute:

Deano
February 23rd, 2012, 10:03
Getting our new sounds tonight, so I'm very excited

Barnes
February 23rd, 2012, 10:09
Im not surprized - this could be your best yet - and thats an exceptionally high benchmark compared to your fantastic Bearcat and Panther

Deano
February 23rd, 2012, 10:12
Thanks for the kind words, its always appreciated.

I personally prefer this slight weathered look, the F4F Wildcat will be a stunner ;)

roger-wilco-66
February 23rd, 2012, 10:38
Excellent, Deano, can't wait!

Roger
February 23rd, 2012, 10:48
Lovely stuff Deano.

Bone
February 23rd, 2012, 15:47
Beautifull. I hope you change your mind about closing shop, it will be a shame to see the talent go away.

DennyA
February 23rd, 2012, 16:38
So does this mean the talk last year about more 50s jets isn't going to happen? :(

Guess the F9F didn't do that well? Bummer. I really like mine.

YoYo
February 23rd, 2012, 22:04
Deano, keep good work! :applause:

Deano
February 24th, 2012, 00:49
We have a few aircraft modelled.

So does this mean the talk last year about more 50s jets isn't going to happen? :(

Guess the F9F didn't do that well? Bummer. I really like mine.

Cleartheprop
February 24th, 2012, 06:14
Wow, this one looks fantastic as usual! Looking forward to the release.
Thanks for developping such marvels. :ernae:

big-mike
February 24th, 2012, 07:04
Can`t wait!
Fantastic work,Deano.:applause:
Michael

gtirob01
February 24th, 2012, 08:09
That looks fantastic! I recently bought the Bearcat as my first vstudios aircraft and am extremely happy with it. That will make buying this one a no brainer! :salute:

fsafranek
February 24th, 2012, 10:21
Great to see she looks that good in the game. Renderings can be deceiving.
:ernae:

Fireball6
February 24th, 2012, 10:50
No Doubt - another "Must have" ..........:icon_lol:

Dirk

Deano
March 20th, 2012, 17:28
Just a small update :

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss25.png

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss24.png

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss23.png

Deano
March 20th, 2012, 17:29
And a couple more..

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss22.png

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss21.png

Bomber_12th
March 20th, 2012, 17:33
It's looking great, Dean, and I'm looking forward to it! The pilot models look very well done too. (Speaking of which, any chance of having one of the pilot models seated up front in the VC, and providing either a click-spot in the cockpit, or on a pop-up window, that will allow you to turn the visibility of the front-seat VC pilot model on/off? Would add to the experience, having to look around a front-passenger every now and then. ; ))

Deano
March 20th, 2012, 17:38
yes both pilots can be removed.

The rear pilot is in the bar having a liquid lunch when you turn the fuel and battery off, the forward pilot can be toggled on and off, both pilots can have there visors down and up and is also animated.

It's looking great, Dean, and I'm looking forward to it! The pilot models look very well done too. (Speaking of which, any chance of having one of the pilot models seated up front in the VC, and providing either a click-spot in the cockpit, or on a pop-up window, that will allow you to turn the visibility of the front-seat VC pilot model on/off? Would add to the experience, having to look around a front-passenger every now and then. ; ))

CodyValkyrie
March 20th, 2012, 17:49
You dirty dog. How can we arrange to work on this together? This will be an exciting plane for me. :)

Deano
March 20th, 2012, 17:52
nothing like listening to the PT's engine at start-up and then slowly opening the throttle to hear the wind rushing past :jump:

There's a plan in order to release a couple of addons, 1 being a pontoon version and the other being a crop duster. The Pontoon will be a basic addon fee the crop duster a little more because we would implement weight dispersal plus major external modifications. Nothing is set in stone for obvious reasons as one doesnt know whats around the corner.

If there are any mission builders out there, please contact me as I may have some work for you for some updates on past products.

CodyValkyrie
March 20th, 2012, 18:01
Stearman has been easily my favorite producer of biplanes, followed closely by Waco. I got a ride in a Stearman quite a few years back by an older gentleman. I was expecting a very simple and elegant scenic ride, but for $50 that old man did loops, rolls, flew in between trees and generally scared the living hell out of us while we were laughing. I am in love.

Deano
March 20th, 2012, 18:15
No doubt, the best $50 you've ever spent :)

Stearman has been easily my favorite producer of biplanes, followed closely by Waco. I got a ride in a Stearman quite a few years back by an older gentleman. I was expecting a very simple and elegant scenic ride, but for $50 that old man did loops, rolls, flew in between trees and generally scared the living hell out of us while we were laughing. I am in love.

Ian Warren
March 20th, 2012, 18:27
I could see me trade me ugly mug in that cockpit ... Grrrrrr :kilroy: but then that would make it as real as it gets :icon_lol:

jankees
March 21st, 2012, 02:51
forget about flight, I want this one!

skyhawka4m
March 21st, 2012, 03:52
forget about flight, I want this one!

:applause:
:medals:

alehead
March 21st, 2012, 05:14
Great looking Stearman... with a good one of those, I won't need Flight...

Just one thing though, the rear wheel is too flat, which makes it look too wide. The real rubber tailwheel is more rounded.

This is one of those planes for that evening flight after a long day in the office!

Andrew

Deano
March 21st, 2012, 14:31
http://rogerritter.com/images/aviation/Wb2N2S/File0006.jpg

Great looking Stearman... with a good one of those, I won't need Flight...

Just one thing though, the rear wheel is too flat, which makes it look too wide. The real rubber tailwheel is more rounded.

This is one of those planes for that evening flight after a long day in the office!

Andrew

SpaceWeevil
March 21st, 2012, 23:42
I have pictures with both types, so please count me as not minding much either way! Maybe it depends on the type of surface it operates from?

stiz
March 22nd, 2012, 01:41
I have pictures with both types, so please count me as not minding much either way! Maybe it depends on the type of surface it operates from?

and depentant of the tire the owner brought to replace any old ones, modern restorations, whilst mostly accurate, always differ in some areas due to haveing to be changed to suit modern rules and regs (or just because the modern stuff is better/safer) :engel016:

alehead
March 22nd, 2012, 02:48
Thanks for showing us that photo there, Deano... Looks like a hard rubber flat roller more than a tyre there... :) However, it appears to be too wide in the sim. Based on your photo, it should be around 1/4 to a 1/3 less wide... Oops, I may have stepped over the threshold into the world of rivet counting, sorry... Of course it is not a show stopper for most... Andrew

trucker17
March 29th, 2012, 01:05
Great looking Stearman....
I have added Accu-feel to FSX...and Vstudios planes were great before, and now WOW....I can hardly wait to add the Stearman.....Only thing that will be missing is the wind blowing in my face.....( Guess i could use a large fan for that.... :icon_lol:

MarkH
March 29th, 2012, 03:59
Great looking Stearman....
I can hardly wait to add the Stearman.....Only thing that will be missing is the wind blowing in my face.....( Guess i could use a large fan for that.... :icon_lol:

Allow me...

http://youtu.be/uU52nLjuBgM?hd=1 (http://youtu.be/uU52nLjuBgM?hd=1)

bushpilot
March 30th, 2012, 10:52
There's a plan in order to release a couple of addons, 1 being a pontoon version and the other being a crop duster. The Pontoon will be a basic addon fee the crop duster a little more because we would implement weight dispersal plus major external modifications. Nothing is set in stone for obvious reasons as one doesnt know whats around the corner.

If you decide to make a crop duster variant with all the bells and whistles, I'm officially in. I'm just a sucker for ag-planes. Hopefully with some beaten and weathered liveries like this:

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/1/2/6/1316621.jpg

Roger
March 30th, 2012, 11:46
I'm enjoying the Stearman in "Flight" but I think I'm going to enjoy this one even more in FsX:engel016:

Deano
March 30th, 2012, 13:34
She's basically ready for release.

Roger
March 30th, 2012, 14:30
She's basically ready for release.

...So let me buy it:engel016:...:costum:

Ark
March 30th, 2012, 14:33
...So let me buy it:engel016:...:costum:

Me too!

Deano
March 30th, 2012, 15:00
We'll be releasing a preview movie and also screenshots over at vertigo studios over the weekend as a showcase.

bruce448
March 30th, 2012, 15:06
Deano's gone off-line so I'll post these. :sleep::sleep::sleep:

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/WAFU448/2012-3-30_23-39-29-547.jpg

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/WAFU448/2012-3-30_23-57-43-876.jpg

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq305/WAFU448/2012-3-31_0-1-45-460.jpg

Bruce

Ian Warren
March 30th, 2012, 15:19
SWEET :wiggle: I did loop'D'loops over Christchurchs Wigram in STM .. boy .. am i in for a retro ride :icon_lol:

myles
March 31st, 2012, 02:12
I think you had me with the Butterlys paint! Now I've seen screenies of the Crunchies and the more recent Team Guinot variations, I'm convinced this is a must have.

Stop the dithering, Deano, and get this out of the hanger - NOW! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Thanks,

Myles

OleBoy
March 31st, 2012, 06:39
All these fields that the Orbx teams abnormally tossed throughout the PNW are in need of AG variants.
Maybe we can spread some fertilizer to get them green as they should be! :icon_lol:

bushpilot
March 31st, 2012, 08:34
All these fields that the Orbx teams abnormally tossed throughout the PNW are in need of AG variants.
Maybe we can spread some fertilizer to get them green as they should be! :icon_lol:

Exactly! And there are several locust infested fields at Aussie-land that need some spraying too. I've tried to keep those critters away with R. Sanderson's Stearman duster, but I think they have become immune to the old poison and we need a native Stearman duster.:salute:

cheezyflier
March 31st, 2012, 21:00
i haven't been doing as much flying these days because i need a new stick. the possibility of a crop duster really gets my attention. i could fly down in texas, and make people do the dance of the herbecide indians...
:icon_lol:

heywooood
March 31st, 2012, 21:34
after getting hooked on the MS Flight Stearman and then losing interest to some degree in that..whole..situation - I expect I will find a way to purchase vstuds PT19 on day one...

athankyou

Deano
April 2nd, 2012, 13:08
A little Preview !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAJMzzwcoqU

OleBoy
April 2nd, 2012, 13:25
Dangling the carrot before the horse. Horse, SIT! STAY!!! :icon_lol:

The suspense is going to kill them.

Ian Warren
April 2nd, 2012, 14:16
I just kept looking ... then was told Jeeeez don't Stearman :icon_lol:

Deano
April 2nd, 2012, 15:42
Nah, There's some minor issues need correcting before official release.

sim-paticissimo
April 3rd, 2012, 23:40
Please, does it have VC shadows as usual?

sim-paticissimo
April 4th, 2012, 01:08
The Stearman is almost out! And it has VC shadows:salute:

YoYo
April 4th, 2012, 01:47
Deano, very nice video of incoming new product of Vertigo! Crg!
Sold!

VCN-1
April 4th, 2012, 04:06
Very Impressive!

VCN-1

sim-paticissimo
April 4th, 2012, 05:40
Yeah, it seems to be one of the best Aircraft of the History of Simulation!:icon_lol:

JAllen
April 4th, 2012, 07:57
This looks so GOOD!!!!! Can hardly wait!! :applause::applause::applause:

Jim

Deano
April 4th, 2012, 10:22
it's shaping up nicely, not quite ready yet though :salute:

Deano
April 4th, 2012, 10:30
For the ones that are missing any vstudios aircraft, make sure you're subscribed to our newsletter. The Easter Bunny has some tidy offerings for all !

YoYo
April 4th, 2012, 10:51
http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/stearman_images/Lo_Res/pt_11.png

More new shots: http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/pt17

Bomber_12th
April 4th, 2012, 11:59
Edit: Really looking forward to flying it in FSX first-hand!

Deano
April 4th, 2012, 12:13
removed! :mix-smi:

bushpilot
April 4th, 2012, 12:21
Looking good! Did I already mention that I'm gonna need some sort of crop duster addon for this in the future62421:sheep:

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/66/05/53510566/photos/The-Early-Years/John%20Seay%20Crop%20Dusting%20in%20Stearman%20198 3%20001.jpg

Deano
April 4th, 2012, 12:23
lol, that looks like it was made out of a cereal box :jump:

Looking good! Did I already mention that I'm gonna need some sort of crop duster addon for this in the future62421:sheep:

Bomber_12th
April 4th, 2012, 12:27
Dean, as you know, I've gone the PM route too, and do tend to try and keep to that...I'm just trying to provide another helpful nudge, and I wasn't expecting at all that anyone would take it as negative. I have no intentions of scrutinizing in the least, just provide some honest feedback as I see it (the same that I would expect in return) - it would be a shame if such feedback would continue to be thought of as negative. The fidelity of the models and textures is excellent!! And I look forward to getting it the moment it is released.

And I don't know if it comes across through my posts, but please don't take me overally serious!

bushpilot
April 4th, 2012, 12:28
lol, that looks like it was made out of a cereal box

Haha that's actually American country singer Johnny Seay flying his Stearman duster. Pretty sharp:icon_lol:

Deano
April 4th, 2012, 12:30
lol, I guess he only flew it when the sun was out, otherwise.. I dread to think :D

Haha that's actually American country singer Johnny Seay flying his Stearman duster. Pretty sharp:icon_lol:

Bomber_12th
April 4th, 2012, 12:30
What is it with country singers and Stearmans? Aaron Tippen has a Stearman, as does Jimmy Buffet (both are beautiful examples!).

rdaniell
April 4th, 2012, 12:52
What is it with country singers and Stearmans? Aaron Tippen has a Stearman, as does Jimmy Buffet (both are beautiful examples!).

John, they are the only one's who can afford them....:icon_lol:

RD

Cirrus N210MS
April 4th, 2012, 16:01
looking forward for a Stearman :salute:

imn2sims
April 4th, 2012, 18:34
For the ones that are missing any vstudios aircraft, make sure you're subscribed to our newsletter. The Easter Bunny has some tidy offerings for all !

Deano, how does one go about subscribing?

Steve

Deano
April 5th, 2012, 05:46
Hi Steve, the newsletter signup form isn't easy to find :(

However, it can be located here : http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/developer-diary

I'll open fresh post tomorrow morning anyway's as an announcement with product coupon codes and instructions how to apply the coupons at pcsimstore.com

The sales will be announced on the following places so that most people get to know.

Facebook
Twitter
vertigostudios website
vertigostudios forums
pcsimstore.com
vertigostudios newsletter.

Im anticipating some good 30 to 35% discounts.

I'll be sat on the pc over the next four days as I'll be watching the US Masters :jump:

Deano, how does one go about subscribing?
Steve

imn2sims
April 5th, 2012, 13:54
Thanks Deano, just signed up.

Steve

heywooood
April 6th, 2012, 09:41
while waiting

Deano
April 8th, 2012, 15:56
For those hoping for a Crop duster, the following news might be great news.

Its official, work has now started on the Pontoon and also the Crop Duster variant.

More information and images to follow over the short coming days.

bushpilot
April 9th, 2012, 09:53
For those hoping for a Crop duster, the following news might be great news.

Indeed it is, thank you :salute:

OleBoy
April 9th, 2012, 10:23
:applause:
Old style floats would be better suited I think. http://www.airliners.net/photo/Piranha-Aviation/Boeing-PT-...-Kaydet/0828504/L/&sid=29418090e8a1b40de1025d9b447bc4fe
Just a suggestion.

Bomber_12th
April 9th, 2012, 12:12
Does anyone know how many Stearmans have had floats fitted? The thing in the photo above is just set-dressing, and not a real aircraft. I'm really curious, because I'm only familiar with one highly modified example in the 1970's, having floats fitted (I believe it was operated by a sprayer company). I'm not aware of any N2S's (the Navy Stearmans) ever being manufactured with them (the Navy used the N3N for that job - a completely different aircraft).

bruce448
April 9th, 2012, 13:23
Does anyone know how many Stearmans have had floats fitted? The thing in the photo above is just set-dressing, and not a real aircraft. I'm really curious, because I'm only familiar with one highly modified example in the 1970's, having floats fitted (I believe it was operated by a sprayer company). I'm not aware of any N2S's (the Navy Stearmans) ever being manufactured with them (the Navy used the N3N for that job - a completely different aircraft).

See this thread John, http://www.stearman.net/forum/textthread.cfm?catid=3&threadid=2186

Stearman Model 76 is a variant of Model 75 (which served as a primary trainer and was based on the earlier Stearman Model 6). Model 76 was designed as a fighter version, featuring more powerful engines (Pratt & Whitney Wasp Jr / Wright R670-E2/ R975-E3 engine, Hamilton Standard (http://www.enotes.com/topic/Hamilton_Standard)2 bladed prop) and aerodynamic improvements like engine cowlings etc. The maiden flight took place in 1936. Several versions were equipped with MGs, bomb racks or aerial cameras and some airplanes were converted to seaplanes, equipped with Edo floats. A limited number of these versions were built for the export market (Argentine, Brazil, Cuba, Philippines, Venezuela).

heywooood
April 11th, 2012, 19:59
http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/pt17

less than 2 weeks be sure...?

Deano
April 12th, 2012, 05:31
The PT is ready for release, however we're awaiting some final licensing agreements.

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/pt17

less than 2 weeks be sure...?

Barnes
April 12th, 2012, 07:51
Good luck - this looks to be a benchmark product for you guys

Python231
April 12th, 2012, 16:12
Who needs Microsoft Flight when you got this!

italoc
April 14th, 2012, 09:16
Who needs Microsoft Flight when you got this!

:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:
100% agree !!!:wavey:

Italo

tomford
April 24th, 2012, 18:36
How goes the float model? any chance of getting it with bigger "tundra" tires? i always thought it would be cool to see a stearman with bushwheels

Tom

cheezyflier
April 25th, 2012, 13:21
very much looking forward to this release. i really loved david eckert's for fs9

Deano
April 25th, 2012, 13:32
No tundra tyres I'm afraid :kilroy:, the floater will be ready for final beta Friday evening.:salute:

However, the floater and AG will be released as an additional full product release.

tomford
April 25th, 2012, 16:52
Alright, worth a try, any teaser pictures of the floats and or ag?

Tom

cheezyflier
April 26th, 2012, 15:09
you know, the idea of an ag version makes me think of that book "border pilot". that was a cool story.
if folks made scenery for something like that, crop dusting on fsx would prolly be alotta fun, i bet
:cowboy: hey, who is this guy? i found him in the smileys

bushpilot
April 26th, 2012, 21:56
I agree. Scenery populated with powerlines, barns and such, would be welcome addition. And maybe even 3d crops? And Gary Grant running at the field, would be fun to chase him:icon_lol::

bushpilot
April 26th, 2012, 22:45
No tundra tyres I'm afraid :kilroy:, the floater will be ready for final beta Friday evening.:salute:

I think the floater would make an excellent bush plane, can't wait to roam Alaska with it.

Deano
April 28th, 2012, 14:34
Alright, worth a try, any teaser pictures of the floats and or ag?

Tom

Just one ;)

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss26_teaser.png

tomford
April 28th, 2012, 14:42
Awesome! is it done yet? Lol

Tom

Roger
April 28th, 2012, 14:44
Now that is a teaser:santahat:

heywooood
April 28th, 2012, 17:20
Just one ;)

oh my

bushpilot
April 29th, 2012, 05:18
Just one ;)

http://www.myfacewhen.com/images/285.jpg

fsxar177
April 29th, 2012, 09:37
Just one ;)

TAKE THAT MS FLIGHT

bushpilot
May 13th, 2012, 02:57
Just casually bumping this:kilroy:. Any news of them peculiar planes?:mixedsmi:

Deano
May 13th, 2012, 03:22
We will be sending out a boxed pre-order email early next week for those interested.

Expected ETA will be on or before the 30th of this month, all pre-orders will have limited free shipping worldwide before its officially released.

bushpilot
May 13th, 2012, 06:15
Alrighty then, sounds good. Will the duster/floater package be released simultaneously with the military/civilian package?

Deano
May 13th, 2012, 08:21
In regards to Vol II this will be released at a later date.

Barnes
May 13th, 2012, 11:30
this is great news Deano - thanks for saving me from checking your website every few hours LOL

Dain Arns
May 13th, 2012, 12:05
Good. It means I can start planning for "The Flight..."

Cag40Navy
May 14th, 2012, 12:41
If development isnt to far along Vol II, can the firefighting variant be considered?

http://www.scalefirebombers.com/pt17.html

cheezyflier
May 15th, 2012, 01:23
that's a little bit disappointing. i suppose that means i'll wait for vol II, so i can decide which version i'd rather have. in the past few yrs i have seen it become a trend where modelers split things up this way in order to sell more. everyone has a right to make $$, but for me, i'd rather get everything all at once, like carenado did with the 206, or lionheart with the kodiak. one might argue that they are different models, (the military and the civy version of the stearman) but they ain't so different as to pay full price for them twice. maybe i'll look a little closer at the gas stearman.

bushpilot
May 15th, 2012, 01:58
I'm going for the Vol2 also. I think all the models will be worth the money, but for me the latter package is just much more appealing.

Deano
May 15th, 2012, 08:55
that's a little bit disappointing. i suppose that means i'll wait for vol II, so i can decide which version i'd rather have. in the past few yrs i have seen it become a trend where modelers split things up this way in order to sell more. everyone has a right to make $$, but for me, i'd rather get everything all at once, like carenado did with the 206, or lionheart with the kodiak. one might argue that they are different models, (the military and the civy version of the stearman) but they ain't so different as to pay full price for them twice. maybe i'll look a little closer at the gas stearman.

But when does it end.

People request all kinds of variants and to date we have around 6 or 7 that the end customer would like to see released.

We have broke the stearman down in to '4' variants and I don't think that there's many developers that can stand to pay out for '4' variants of aircraft and make any kind of profit.

When we first released the Hellcat sales was good, however 4 years on and sales are dropping a considerable amount per new release so developers are adding additional models to bulk out an initial release. Now this is well and good but combine, less sales and additional models plus increasing development costs. Our pirces havent changed to reflect this, however its possible to increase the price of a release to balance development costs. This could be more hurtful and in return create even less sales.

Releasing the Airshow and Mil variant as a package is a great package.

Then we step into the AG and floater, I admit the floater isnt much of a deal breaker on its own, however the AG version is, simply because it will need external and internal alterations and also additional code regarding weight loss / gain dependant on how much fertilizer is being used at any given time.

But as Ive mentioned before, we will only be publishing the aircraft we already have modelled behind the scenes and development will end there for vstudios, simply put - development fees are costing more than sales.

And to be honest which I always am, in 18 months I will be looking for job.

Roger
May 15th, 2012, 09:05
We'll be very sorry to see you close Vertigo at least as far as FsX is concerned, Deano. I believe that business will pick up again with the disappointment many feel with "Flight" and the advent of Prepar3d and I hope that there may be Vertigo can survive to model again.

Regarding multiple packages of the same aircraft: John Terrell does this to great effect with the P51 and Carenado launched the C185 and then the C185 bush pack as an additional download.

cheezyflier
May 15th, 2012, 09:28
like i said, i'm not knockin you for trying to make some money. there's nothing wrong with that. nobody with an ounce of sense is suspecting that modeling will make you wealthy. i don't mind paying a little more for the complete package, i just don't want to buy it twice is all. and you're right. if you let them, folks will ask for variants and paint schemes all day every day, forever and ever. so there does have to be a line drawn somewhere. i'm not getting rich hanging ductwork, either. so i have to draw a line somewhere too. there's only so much in the budget for hobbies. especially when it's not my only one.

Regarding multiple packages of the same aircraft: John Terrell does this to great effect with the P51 and Carenado launched the C185 and then the C185 bush pack as an additional download.

what do you mean, "to great effect"? great effect for who? carenado? or do you imply that splitting the package somehow made a demonstrably better product for the end user? could you explain please?

Roger
May 15th, 2012, 09:43

what do you mean, "to great effect"? great effect for who? carenado? or do you imply that splitting the package somehow made a demonstrably better product for the end user? could you explain please?

I mean that people have been prepared to buy additional packges of the same aircraft type because they think the products are worth it. A full pack of all the model types would be an expensive one off purchase and would dely the release of the earlier models. Doesn't seem complicated to me and I will happily purchase both packages as they are released.

Deano
May 15th, 2012, 09:58
CheesyFlier - nah its fine, I didn't take it in a malicious way, just I thought I better explain things that's all.

I've been chatting with bruce over variants for a while and I / we would both love to see is an addon for Volume 1 which would be the one with a rear MG and also a one that was adapted for medivac, but will see how sales do before more work and money is thrown at it.

bushpilot
May 15th, 2012, 10:37
however the AG version is, simply because it will need external and internal alterations and also additional code regarding weight loss / gain dependant on how much fertilizer is being used at any given time.

I feel like I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but this just sounds great, working dispersal systems and all. I can already smell the pesticide fumes.

tomford
May 15th, 2012, 17:57
Hmmm bush pack... floats tundra tires and straight skis. I would like that...

Tom

Cag40Navy
May 15th, 2012, 22:03
Ill retract my request. Considering what you said Deano. Fell bad hearing about Vertigo's postion.

pilottj
May 15th, 2012, 22:39
Good. It means I can start planning for "The Flight..."

Ahh the Queen. She is a beauty. I did a Cannibal Queen repaint for the GAS Stearman A75 a while back. Looking forward to this Vertigo Stearman. The more old biplanes the better.:salute::icon29:

Ian Warren
May 16th, 2012, 00:32
VS .. Vertigo , yip my first real loop D loops was in a Stearman over Wigram in Christchurch ... course all due to trying to get promotional moneys , It was the ride id never forget , so this one is a MUST! :cool:

Dain Arns
May 16th, 2012, 11:51
Ahh the Queen. She is a beauty. I did a Cannibal Queen repaint for the GAS Stearman A75 a while back. Looking forward to this Vertigo Stearman. The more old biplanes the better.:salute::icon29:

Oh, I forgot about that! Just d/l'd it.
Thanks, for doing the correct 'Queen' too.
It's too bad they made her wear a bikini when she was sold to do the Tourist trade in Philly... :icon_lol:

roger-wilco-66
May 16th, 2012, 14:05
I'm very sorry, if not devastated to read about the future of Vertigo and sincerly hope that there maybe - who knows - will be an occasion to look at this descision again and maybe continue with the enterprise.
Anyway, Deano, I wish you and your team all the best.
And by the way, I as a customer have no problem with shelling out $$$ for packages of variants of aircraft. Totally legitimate in my eyes.

Cheers,
Mark

Deano
May 16th, 2012, 14:08
Life to short to feel Bad. Enjoy it all whilst we all can ;)

Ill retract my request. Considering what you said Deano. Fell bad hearing about Vertigo's postion.

jeansy
May 16th, 2012, 14:11
either way, nothing a paint job cant hide (to a certain extent)

looking forward to it

Deano
May 16th, 2012, 14:14
either way, nothing a paint job cant hide (to a certain extent)

looking forward to it

In regards to hiding ?

Deano
May 16th, 2012, 14:24
Hi Roder, we still have 18 months of aircraft to get out yet ;)

Thanks though, really appreciated.

I'm very sorry, if not devastated to read about the future of Vertigo and sincerly hope that there maybe - who knows - will be an occasion to look at this descision again and maybe continue with the enterprise.
Anyway, Deano, I wish you and your team all the best.
And by the way, I as a customer have no problem with shelling out $$$ for packages of variants of aircraft. Totally legitimate in my eyes.

Cheers,
Mark

jeansy
May 16th, 2012, 14:25
In regards to hiding ?

a lot of people dont care if their variant isnt made, as long as they can have their favorite paint scheme, or there are some nice schemes for the available model

they will fly it

cheezyflier
May 17th, 2012, 12:51
a lot of people dont care if their variant isnt made, as long as they can have their favorite paint scheme, or there are some nice schemes for the available model

they will fly it

i agree. thinking about it makes me think of banana bob. man, that guy did some awesome stuff.

Deano
May 17th, 2012, 13:08
That's not entirely true from the countless emails I receive.

they will fly it

Ian Warren
May 17th, 2012, 14:38
When we first released the Hellcat sales was good, however 4 years on and sales are dropping a considerable amount per new release so developers are adding additional models to bulk out an initial release. Now this is well and good but combine, less sales and additional models plus increasing development costs. Our pirces havent changed to reflect this, however its possible to increase the price of a release to balance development costs. This could be more hurtful and in return create even less sales.

I wonder how sales might pick up with all models with release of the your company's USS Enterprise , myself have all the Vertigo Studio naval types , course the Stearman in its naval garb could be used as a trainer for the budding Hellcat pilot .. AI , Pilotable and Multiplayable CV-6 could be the saviour , the multiplays we have at NZFF for Carriers do create a large turnout .... may just work ;)

Be interesting to see how many of you enjoy WWII carrier ops ... I'd sure put my hand up even as the MP Captain of the ship .. the CAG so to speak:salute:

Cag40Navy
May 17th, 2012, 15:34
I wonder how sales might pick up with all models with release of the your company's USS Enterprise , myself have all the Vertigo Studio naval types , course the Stearman in its naval garb could be used as a trainer for the budding Hellcat pilot .. AI , Pilotable and Multiplayable CV-6 could be the saviour , the multiplays we have at NZFF for Carriers do create a large turnout .... may just work ;)

Be interesting to see how many of you enjoy WWII carrier ops ... I'd sure put my hand up even as the MP Captain of the ship .. the CAG so to speak:salute:
I wouldnt mind being the Big E captain for sessions... :D

Roadburner440
May 17th, 2012, 16:52
Normally I wouldn't consider bi-planes, but because of the place I volunteer at now the Stearman has kind of grown on me. So I am watching this digital one with interest... Sorry to hear about VS closing down eventually though Deano. I really hope a F7F is in those 18 months. I still remember the thread that was started way back before even the F6F was out! I am also going to have to call dibs on the B-25.. I didn't even know someone was making one..... Any idea when this puppy is coming though? I know on your site you said you were waiting on some trademark things to come through. Hope the bird has not hit any snags with that.

Ian Warren
May 17th, 2012, 17:07
I wouldnt mind being the Big E captain for sessions... :D
Your On ;), TS3 , the NZFF channel is great for the talk in or to go around again .. I d like a chance to fly in onto a controlled carrier and with my VS Dauntless , Hellcat , Avenger , course with the Bearcat and Panther we can just simply pretend the Big E was recommissioned as a training carrier for the Korean War types - then the idea of the Kaydet .. a Carrier full of them :cool:

roger-wilco-66
May 18th, 2012, 01:55
[...]
I am also going to have to call dibs on the B-25.. I didn't even know someone was making one..... Any idea when this puppy is coming though? I know on your site you said you were waiting on some trademark things to come through. Hope the bird has not hit any snags with that.

I also dearly hope for the B-25 release, as well as the C-47 that was in development and looked so promising. These are very popular titles which should generate some revenue for the developer... I'd buy them on the double for sure.

Cheers,
Mark

griphos
May 18th, 2012, 10:13
Been waiting for the Stearman. Looking forward to it. And would certainly buy both a B-25 and a C-47. I've been hoping for VS's C-47 ever since it's announcement.

c87
May 18th, 2012, 17:48
Let me 2nd, 3rd and 4th the motion to release the B-25 and the C-47. You have a ready and waiting buyer here. Also, I'm dying to see the Enterprise come out. Would love to have a nice WWII carrier to trap on.

cheezyflier
May 18th, 2012, 18:20
i didn't even know about those. sure would be nice

tomford
June 10th, 2012, 17:21
Any updates?

Tom

Roadburner440
June 11th, 2012, 05:41
My order still says "Pre-order," and it hasn't hit my door step. I am going to guess it got pushed back beyond June 9th. Hopefully everything is ok, and they didn't have to do a re-print.

Deano
June 11th, 2012, 07:06
The PT is to land at our offices tomorrow and will be shipped out the same day.

There was a hold up with printing the manuals as the box art and manual are supplied from different companies and countries, this is the only reason for the delay :kilroy:

Fingers crossed they are printed in English :running:

Off to watch the Footy :jump:

Roadburner440
June 11th, 2012, 10:02
Thanks Deano! I sure hope they are printed in English. Man that would be a bummer. Was just hoping it wasn't some last minute software "oh by the way." Is one reason I would be worried about doing a boxed product first vs a download first. Definately excited for this though, and looking forward to the B-25.

Deano
June 12th, 2012, 02:37
Dear All,

Do to the Manual printing running behind schedule there was a delay with all Pre-Orders, however the Stearman is now in stock and all orders have now been dispatched.

Please accept my apologies for the delay.

noddy
June 12th, 2012, 03:40
Great News.

Roadburner440
June 12th, 2012, 17:13
Excellent! No need to sweat it. Sure from the screens and video it will be worth the wait. Going to have to get cracking on repainting the one we have at the museum whenever it lands on the door step.

tomford
July 2nd, 2012, 15:33
any idea on when the floats and AG will be released?

Tom

cheezyflier
July 2nd, 2012, 16:50
any idea on when the floats and AG will be released?

Tom

according to the website it was only last tuesday that the d/l version was released.

gray eagle
June 21st, 2017, 14:57
Was the two airfields ever released? I have this Stearman and didn't see NAS Corpus Christi or Grimes either.

Also, how do you manipulate the front/backseat pilots i.e., make the front seat pilot appear dissapear?

Hi all, just a few development screenshots of the upcoming PT Stearman military and private civilian.

Planned not guaranteed release will be the '2' variants, Military and Civilian, 12 paintschemes accompanied with '2' airfields, NAS corpus christi and Grimes Airfield.

EDIT: Passenger display Shift + E + 3 (the student pilot appears front seat) - How can the rear seat pilot be removed leaving only the front seat pilot or is that possible?

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss1.png

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss3.png

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss11.png

http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/media/stearman/images/pt17_ss8.png

For those that are hungry, more can be seen here : http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?16-PT-Stearman

WarHorse47
June 22nd, 2017, 15:49
Page 11 of the manual. Shift+E+3

And no, I don't recall the addon scenery. Then again, I don't install them all anyway. If I find something, I'll update this post.