PDA

View Full Version : Sheppard AFB (KSPS) is available

Stan V.
January 27th, 2012, 06:33
Jim Dhaenens's Sheppard AFB (KSPS) is now available at flightsim.com

Crusader
January 27th, 2012, 08:40
Wow ! Thanks for the heads up . A lot of people have been looking forward to this .

Thank you Jim for another excellent job . You wouldn't consider working part time or being a paid consultant for Microsoft would you ? :icon_lol: You have set an enormously high standard in scenery making and shows just how realistic FSX can be made to look . Thanks again for sharing all of your skills and expertise with flight simmers of the world .:applause:

Rich

Victory103
January 27th, 2012, 09:48
Downloading now, my MAIW Sheppard T-38's and Milviz Talon have a new home!

jdhaenens
January 27th, 2012, 09:49
Thanks for the kind words guys. I uploaded it last night and was going to put up a release notice after i got everything going at work but I got a little busy.

Enjoy!

Jim

Bone
January 27th, 2012, 10:56
Great scenery. Thanks again.

Ian Warren
January 27th, 2012, 11:02
Thanks Jim , D/loaded it , have a couple here in New Zealand with the Talon so be a multiplay trianing day later this sarvo , Thanks :salute:

falcon409
January 27th, 2012, 11:19
Jim this is a triumph of Scenery Mastery. Virtually every building and most aircraft are modeled in beautiful detail and yet, even on my dual core system, I saw no fps decrease at all. Normally, something with this much detail would bring my system to a halt. Well done.:applause::applause::medals::medals::applause ::salute:

ZsoltB
January 27th, 2012, 11:47
Great Base!

But,there is a small anomaly...
What is happening?

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5659/vglap01q.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/vglap01q.jpg/)

VCN-1
January 27th, 2012, 12:19
Thank you for another great piece of scenery.

VCN-1

jdhaenens
January 27th, 2012, 14:08
Zsolt: Haven't seen that before, let me check

Jim

jdhaenens
January 27th, 2012, 14:51
Zsolt (and anyone else having this problem) remove cvxSHEPPARD.bgl from the Scenery folder. That cvx file removed the original AirportBackgroundsFlatten from the airport. Once it's flat again, you shouldn't have any problem.

Jim

falcon409
January 27th, 2012, 15:45
Zsolt (and anyone else having this problem) remove cvxSHEPPARD.bgl from the Scenery folder. That cvx file removed the original AirportBackgroundsFlatten from the airport. Once it's flat again, you shouldn't have any problem.
Jim
I don't have that problem, but I do have another. The ramps, taxiways and rwys are all elevated. I don't mean they are above ground, just that the ground under them rises above what it probable normal ground elevation. Could the Milviz T-38 scenery be doing this?

Bone
January 27th, 2012, 15:51
I don't have that problem, but I do have another. The ramps, taxiways and rwys are all elevated. I don't mean they are above ground, just that the ground under them rises above what it probable normal ground elevation. Could the Milviz T-38 scenery be doing this?

I haven't had any prob with the Milviz T-38 at Sheppard.

jdhaenens
January 27th, 2012, 15:53
Probably not. That scenery did not have a flatten in it as I recall. I have some excludes that should allow the two to operate concurrently. They were doing so on my machine. Try removing the file mentioned above and see what happens. Are you using any mesh based product in the area?

Jim

falcon409
January 27th, 2012, 16:03
Probably not. That scenery did not have a flatten in it as I recall. I have some excludes that should allow the two to operate concurrently. They were doing so on my machine. Try removing the file mentioned above and see what happens. Are you using any mesh based product in the area?
Jim
Yep, removed that file and everything has settled down, lol.:salute:

ZsoltB
January 27th, 2012, 21:34

Jim

Hello Jim,

Thank you for your help!
Everything is perfect!
Very nice base!

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/5334/vrsp.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/vrsp.jpg/)

Regards,
Zsolt

Victory103
January 28th, 2012, 06:09
No elevation issues, making sure all my MAIW packs work, removed the T6/T38 .bgls for those statics, any set .bgl to remove the rest?

I've had the ramp shades in other sceneries for FS9, but had alpha texture issues in FSX. These are great and nice ATC tower (interior looks like you can almost control from it)!

jdhaenens
January 28th, 2012, 07:44
statrn.bgl will remove the training tarmac aircraft.
spslight.bgl will remove the light poles and lights.
vegetation.bgl will remove all the non-autogen trees and vegetation.

Best,

Jim

Ztimbre
January 28th, 2012, 09:40
Great looking scenery Jim, nice work!!

big-mike
January 28th, 2012, 09:45
Great looking scenery Jim, nice work!!

+1!
Thank you very much----love it.:applause:
Michael

Bone
January 28th, 2012, 16:33
*Nellis**Nellis**Nellis*....

falcon409
January 28th, 2012, 18:25
Carswell, Carswell, Carswell, lol, lol:salute:

ZsoltB
January 28th, 2012, 21:47
NAS Oceana $$$ NAS Oceana $$$ NAS Oceana :icon_lol:

Roger
January 29th, 2012, 02:55
Carswell, Carswell, Carswell, lol, lol:salute:

It'd be great to have Carswell for the B36:ernae:

jdhaenens
January 29th, 2012, 04:01
As it happens, my dad was a B-36 jet mechanic at Sheppard AFB and I was born at the Sheppard Air Force Base hospital. The old terminal/hangar is an old B-36 hangar.

Felixthreeone
January 29th, 2012, 08:02
NAS Oceana $$$ NAS Oceana $$$ NAS Oceana :icon_lol:

+1,000,000!!!!!!!!!!!!

kilo delta
January 29th, 2012, 09:53

Virtual Red Flag ops?...Oh yeah....:icon_lol:

Victory103
January 29th, 2012, 21:02
Virtual Red Flag ops?...Oh yeah....:icon_lol:

See the MAIW Nellis AFB package, the scenery ports over nicely to FSX, with a few changes.

JD,
Got all the wonderful statics out, sorry just like to have AI working the ramps. I actually did have an elevation issue with 31R/13L with the photoreal background popping up, removing the .cvx fixed that. Just a quick "?", I had a Cessna park with the T-38's on the Old Terminal ramp and is the parking at the new terminal coded for regional carriers?

jdhaenens
January 30th, 2012, 03:20
I've had GA's park there too, and to tell you the truth, I'm not into AI very much so I can't tell you why. The T-38 parking places are coded as military combat and T-38, but those codings appear to be preferences rather than hard requirements. The old Terminal ramp is coded Military Combat Transit. The Municipal terminal spaces are uncoded and there are no spaces designated in front of the new terminal.

I agree about Mike JG's rendition of Nellis. It is gorgeous!

Jim

Bone
January 30th, 2012, 06:06
The MAIW Nelis scenery is beautifull. However, it's an fps killer in FSX even with removing some of the scenery. The Sheppard scenery doesn't bring my fps down at all. I keep it locked at 29, and it doesn't budge.

Carswell is good, too. :)

Bone
January 30th, 2012, 06:48
....I'm happy to have whatever scenery Jim decides to make.

falcon409
January 30th, 2012, 11:54
The MAIW Nelis scenery is beautifull. However, it's an fps killer in FSX even with removing some of the scenery. The Sheppard scenery doesn't bring my fps down at all. I keep it locked at 29, and it doesn't budge.
Carswell is good, too. :)
Yep Steve, I haven't tried Nellis but after trying Luke AFB one time, I haven't bothered with anything else from MAIW. Lots of texture problems, and a huge fps hit on the system. Realistically, it would take someone converting all the scenery objects to FSX specs before it would be worth my time downloading and trying again and no one is going to do that. I'll just enjoy the things Jim does and be happy with that and the few that I do on my own.

PutPut
January 30th, 2012, 14:34
Great job, Jim, Now I have a nice place to keep my Buff!!

Best, Paul :guinness::icon29::medals:

falcon409
January 30th, 2012, 15:36
I guess I'll have to break out the BMW and drive around the base a bit to see more of it up close and personal like!!:salute:

Bone
January 30th, 2012, 17:08
I guess I'll have to break out the BMW and drive around the base a bit to see more of it up close and personal like!!:salute:

Lol. I used Dirk Stucks Dodge Charger.

italoc
January 31st, 2012, 06:16
Thanks Jim
never been there, but very impressed by quality of this scenery !!!!
Italo

Bone
January 31st, 2012, 07:08
Thanks Jim
never been there, but very impressed by quality of this scenery !!!!
Italo

If you had been there in real life, you would almost think you were actually there while cruising Jim's scenery.

jdhaenens
February 3rd, 2012, 12:49
No winners so far. My next airport allows me to just change textures from the Sheppard tower.

See?

Bone
February 3rd, 2012, 13:13
That makes life easy.

Montie
February 3rd, 2012, 13:18
No winners so far. My next airport allows me to just change textures from the Sheppard tower.

See?

Cannon AFB?

Ztimbre
February 3rd, 2012, 15:27
Well, I know it's not Laughlin... no stinkin' 'badges'!! LOL.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h64/Ztimbre/KDLF/MWSnap350.jpg

Oh hell, it's LUKE! You've got your work cut out for you there!

Cheers Jim http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/salute.gif

jdhaenens
February 3rd, 2012, 16:33
Got it in one, Ryan.

Cheers!

Jim