PDA

View Full Version : Can't see out of my SimFlight3D Cessna 140

rdaniell
January 26th, 2012, 11:13
I attempted to put my Cessna 140 in FSX. Everything works but I can't see out of it in vc mode. Anybody have any idea as to which texture file might need changing and what to do with it? It's one of the very few FS9 aircraft that I would really like to have in FSX. There is no substitute for it, either freeware or payware. The closest is a payware Cessna 120.

Edit: I see that several people have looked at this request. Was I in error to post this here since it is payware? I purchased the FS9 version. I also just found that I can purchase a FSX version. Kinda hate to part with another 24 bucks though.

So if I violated SOH policy, I'd appreciate someone p.m. me and then one of the staff can take this down.

Thanks.

Romeo-Delta

Meshman
January 26th, 2012, 14:28
Was it raining when you tried the plane? There's a bug in FSX when it comes to FS9 planes and rain.

rdaniell
January 26th, 2012, 14:36
Was it raining when you tried the plane? There's a bug in FSX when it comes to FS9 planes and rain.

Nope wasn't raining. Since I posted, I've messed with every texture file. Still NO JOY! What's crazy is I ported over another airplane from FS9. I can see out of the vc in it but, the whole middle of the panel is transparent. Go figure...

RD

Roger
January 27th, 2012, 15:26
Unfortunately there are a multitude of issues with port-overs. Many will port with the minimum of edits, especially where the prop and glass are concerened. The FsX version of course works with no issues.

stansdds
January 28th, 2012, 05:13
Roger is correct. Some FS9 aircraft port into FSX nicely, sometimes with just changes to prop textures, sometimes glass textures as well, perhaps some editing of the aircraft cfg file. Others do not port well at all and require changes to the model, something that only the developer can do.

rdaniell
January 28th, 2012, 06:00
Well, the consensus seems to be....NO JOY on this particular airplane. It will have to remain in my FS9 install. That's not a real problem for me as I have FS9 tweaked to the max and thoroughly enjoy it.

Whether I do my simming in FS9 or FSX will depend upon the particular airplane I'm in the mood to fly....Been flying in FSX recently as I purchased SibWings Cessna Birddog. Cost a little more than most of my payware add-ons but, in my opinion it was worth it.

Lima Golf (Life's Good):icon_lol:

Romeo-Delta