PDA

View Full Version : Looking for special looking seabases...

fleurdelys
January 24th, 2012, 08:50
Does anyone know if there are seabases, either freeware or payware which have either of the following traits : docks, dockyards or preferably a 1930's or wartime look, ideally located in Europe; but any place which could pass for a Northern or Scandinavian country would also do... ?

This little old lady goes through a lot of flyouts while I'm building her a near decent VC and it would be more fun than being beached all the time... :kilroy:

Merci beaucoup for your help,

Fleurdelys

William Njurmi
January 25th, 2012, 05:22
At least the Puck vintage floatplane base in Poland sounds excatly what you ordered: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=156157&Cookie=1

fleurdelys
January 25th, 2012, 06:50
At least the Puck vintage floatplane base in Poland sounds excatly what you ordered: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=156157&Cookie=1

Merci beaucoup William,

I beat you to it by a very short nose after an extensive search on different sites...

I've installed it and yes, it is exactly what I was hoping for along with the seagulls... :icon_lol:

Cheers,

Fleurdelys :icon29:

Daveroo
January 25th, 2012, 08:53
is that a new plane you are constructing? or an older plane you are updating?.....which ever its gorgous...would be nice to have once youve finished the VC

fleurdelys
January 25th, 2012, 13:46
is that a new plane you are constructing? or an older plane you are updating?.....which ever its gorgous...would be nice to have once youve finished the VC

That is the plan... :kilroy:

Since most simmers won't go for a very nice looking HS-123 without a VC, I've located my toolbox and started building it a VC... :salute:
But I've been working at it, on and off, for too long (third year) and opted to have a go at my first love, "seaplanes" to relieve the boreness while I'm working. When I'm done with the VC, I'll put it on the wheeled versions as well and release all freeware.

Somebody once said that if it looks right, then it's right and this one was just begging to have a pair of floats... :icon_lol:

Don't expect it before the end of Summer though, as VC's are a first for me and I'm a slow builder striving for perfection (well, near will probably do)...

Cheers

Fleurdelys :icon29: