PDA

View Full Version : Aerial Foundry F/A-18D HUD

Wings of Gold
January 23rd, 2012, 16:08
I use the Aerial Foundry F/A-18D in FSX. I find that it is a very acceptable port-over. The only problem is the HUD, which is unstable in the most minor bank.

Has anyone been able to use the Default Acceleration F/A-18 (or any other good HUD) in the AF F/A-18? If so, please enlighten me how you did it.

Bill

fallenphoenix1986
January 23rd, 2012, 16:22
Sludge Hornet 1.2, basically revamps the default Hornet, and if you have the D installed theres an option to give it the same treatment. Frankly it can't be praised highly enough, handling is completely different to the default and theres a brand new hud.
I doin't have time in the real Hornet however it now feels much more believable than the default offering.

Craig

Victory103
January 23rd, 2012, 20:00
Not sure I have heard of anyone porting the old AF Bug in. Flew it for years as my primary airframe in my military based VA, until the VRS came out. Look for the Combat HUD for the FSX-A Hornet, this is the add on HUD for the Sludge Hornet but should be easy to add to the AF panel file. I do like flying the "tub" version of the Bug, got the Capt Load X-Load pack on sale with the Delta and -117A. Compared to the stock FSX-A Hornet, the AF might fly better.

fallenphoenix1986
January 24th, 2012, 04:45
Scratch what I said, just re-read the original post. My solution applies to the CS D Hornet, though I suppose if you put the time in yourself you could install the sludge mods to the AF model.

Craig