PDA

View Full Version : helo's with two blades

doublecool
January 22nd, 2012, 18:07
Was flyin around in the ND Huey... and I can't get the blades to show as just two

Showing four or three and back to four and then two will show every once in a while???

I think I read on a post it had to do with frame rate setting?

any Idea's :kilroy:

doublecool
January 24th, 2012, 02:05
Was flyin around in the ND Huey... and I can't get the blades to show as just two

Showing four or three and back to four and then two will show every once in a while???

I think I read on a post it had to do with frame rate setting?

any Idea's :kilroy:

Tried several frame rate settings but no luck
I was hoping it maybe a easy answer that I have over looked... Thanks anyway:icon29:

Motormouse
January 24th, 2012, 02:29
try changing the prop/rotor animation ratio in the cfg file.

ttfn

Pete

doublecool
January 24th, 2012, 03:18
try changing the prop/rotor animation ratio in the cfg file.

ttfn

Pete

Thank you Motormouse
but Interesting enough, not one of my helo's has that entry in it to even change it, is that a FSX thing?

Roger
January 24th, 2012, 04:14
I think you will need frame rate to be below 20 for only 2 blades to show. I also believe that they broke the prop/rotor animation ratio in the FsX cfg file.

Dain Arns
January 24th, 2012, 04:40
I think you will need frame rate to be below 20 for only 2 blades to show. I also believe that they broke the prop/rotor animation ratio in the FsX cfg file.

I think it's just broke in FSX in general. :icon_lol:

//---------------------------

You can always try adding this line to any entry in the helicopter's aircraft config file (aircraft.cfg):

prop_anim_ratio=-1.76

It will have to be included into every paint you have listed in the aircraft.cfg file.

(Example from FSNorthwest.net very fine freeware 'two-bladed' Bell 47 which uses the prop animation line):

[fltsim.0]
title=Bell 47 FSNW
sim=FSX_Bell_47
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
prop_anim_ratio=-1.76
atc_id_color=0xc6eff7ff
atc_id=N718OR
ui_manufacturer="Bell"
ui_type="47"
ui_variation="FSNorthwest"
ui_typerole="Rotorcraft"
ui_createdby="FSNorthwest.net"
description=

But I think it mostly depends on how the rotor was animated and how much FSX understands it. That's a guess. :kilroy: