PDA

View Full Version : Beaufighter

westview
January 22nd, 2012, 09:52
Hey guys,
I've recently taken a newly found interest in the Beaufighter, I know of a few Mk.IV skins here at SOH but I was wondering if there were more, later war ('43-'45) RAF skins available somewhere?

Thanks!

Daiwilletti
January 23rd, 2012, 17:37
Hi Westview, I haven't got ETO installed at present, but have you tried looking at ETO beaufighters for later skins? IIRC there is at least one Beaufighter X in there but maybe they're Coastal Command, not RAF. What about Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation, is that site still up? That had some Beaufighter skins. There is also a later engine.dds file which looks great on the Beaufighter.

westview
January 24th, 2012, 09:18
CAC did have some cool RAF fighter command beaus up, but their website is still down, oh well. Perhaps this is a sign that I should try my hand at skinning, I've been meaning to contribute back to the community for some time now.

ndicki
January 24th, 2012, 10:10
Will Hunter (CAC) did the initial skins and a few replacements including the MAW versions, but as far as I know, nobody else did any. Which is silly, because it's a pretty decent bit of aeroplane. I got permission from Richard "Winjeel" to do things to it but never had the time either. There were always deadlines for other things that got in the way. A bit like the MAW Blenheim IV - same problem. I still have the GMAX source - or rather a number of versions of it even - but it's never been finished because we've just never reached that point.

Led Zeppelin
January 24th, 2012, 11:41
Bravo4 did some for PTO, ETO and RS.

Jaycee did a rare CC skin:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=74&sort=N&pp=15

And a couple of RAF and USAAF with a Thimble nose.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=jaycee&ammm=15&pap=3

westview
January 24th, 2012, 12:11
I got those skins, and they're great, but I'm looking for some more late war Mk.VI fighter command versions.

Nigel, did the DR make an improved Mk.IV Blenhiem or are you talking about the beta released by IS4G a few years back?

The Beau really is a great plane, and those who worked on it really did a great job, it's a plane I've just recently taken a liking to.

Capt. Winters
January 24th, 2012, 16:23
Hi Wstview,

there is a 455 squadron (RAAF) MkX Beufighter and a 254 squadron (CC) MkX Beaufighter in the ETO addon. they have have hi res skins by Bravo/4 and revised VC textures as well.

If you do not have ETO PM me your address and I'll break them up and email them to you.

theres also a series of MkI beuas in the ETO as well that all have new hi res skins by Bravo/4.

regards Rob.

Led Zeppelin
January 24th, 2012, 23:50
Nigel, did the DR make an improved Mk.IV Blenhiem

Yes, brand new model. Nigel posted a couple of preview some time ago, it seems to be nearly ready to be released as an AI model.
There is no cockpit and there will probably never be.