PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal for FSX??

Flame-Prop
January 22nd, 2012, 04:06
Recently, my FSX aircraft decided, hey we're not settling for the ailerons to go left or right anymore while on ground, I say we should have our rudders used now and the ailerons should only work while in air. As you noticed, normally when you turn the handle on the stick left of right it won't have any effect so the only way to make the planes bank left or right is by ussing the rudder while on the ground. Is this normal, or is it time for a scheduled maintenance :kilroy:

Gabe

stansdds
January 22nd, 2012, 04:40
Sounds like the coordinated turns option has been turned off. Coordinated turns links aileron and rudder inputs, with it in the "off" mode you must use your ailerons and rudders like you would in most real aircraft.

Flame-Prop
January 22nd, 2012, 17:39
Sounds like the coordinated turns option has been turned off. Coordinated turns links aileron and rudder inputs, with it in the "off" mode you must use your ailerons and rudders like you would in most real aircraft.

I heard interesting words here "most real aircraft", considering I like as much realism I can get from FSX It looks pretty clear :jump: gonna stay just the way it is. But It's defenetly harder to make a smooth turn now, no job's too tough :salute: . So roughly when you mentioned, most real aircraft, which are they roughly?

Sieggie
January 23rd, 2012, 11:05
I believe that would be roughly anything that is "fly by wire". In which case you use the rudders to take it out of coordination. But I could be wrong.

Dave

stansdds
January 23rd, 2012, 13:34
I heard interesting words here "most real aircraft", considering I like as much realism I can get from FSX It looks pretty clear :jump: gonna stay just the way it is. But It's defenetly harder to make a smooth turn now, no job's too tough :salute: . So roughly when you mentioned, most real aircraft, which are they roughly?

All of the stock FSX aircraft utilize separate rudder and aileron inputs, like their real world counterparts. In the real world there are some aircraft that have rudder and aileron linked together. The Erco Ercoupe is one of the few.

And yes, it is much harder to fly with separate rudder and aileron inputs, especially during takeoff.