PDA

View Full Version : Your opions on "Just Flight's Viscount - Legends of Flight"

jeansy
January 21st, 2012, 17:07
hey guys as the title suggests

Im contemplating on purchasing this package, once i get fsx sorted

so please post your pros and cons on this as it seems to be a very vague package with limited reviews and posts

and a cheap place to purchase this from, as im not having much luck finding a store outside the JF store

Thanks in advance

Barnes
January 21st, 2012, 22:12
Im also considering getting it but i worry when no one gets excited about a product at SOH - i trust you guys to be able to appraise a product responsably :medals:

jeansy
January 21st, 2012, 22:39
I bought it mate and will have a play on the next few days

had a quick look on the laptop and noticed the RAAF scheme's roundels were pointing the wrong direction

so heres the quick fix>>http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/2274-just-flight-viscount-raaf-roundel-fix/

wombat666
January 23rd, 2012, 08:11
Thanks Matt!:applause:
I only look for 'Australian' operated aircraft for FSX and this one fits nicely.
As for it being rather overlooked by the 'BP', look at it this way, 1] it's not 'American, 2] it's a 'Propliner', 3] nor can you hang bombs and guns off it, and 4] see reason #1.
:kilroy:

Tako_Kichi
January 23rd, 2012, 08:21
If I remember correctly there was some discussion of this over on the 'Classic British Flight Sim' forums. For the purists there were some errors in model shape etc. but if you just want it to fill a gap in the hangar and are not concerned about less than 100% accuracy then I don't think it's too bad.

wombat666
January 23rd, 2012, 10:40
If I remember correctly there was some discussion of this over on the 'Classic British Flight Sim' forums. For the purists there were some errors in model shape etc. but if you just want it to fill a gap in the hangar and are not concerned about less than 100% accuracy then I don't think it's too bad.

Must be the FS equivalent of the IPMS 'Experts', the reason I gave up on IPMS.
It looks good enough to me Tako ...... :kilroy:

bazzar
January 23rd, 2012, 12:58
Just to clarify, there was some criticism of the shapes around the nose and cockpit, early on, when first shots were published. The model was later amended over accurate drawings and entire cockpit "pod" reworked. I can assure you that the shape is now accurate. I must apologise for the roundel hiccup, one that slipped the net. Since release, the first upgrade/patch has been released, adding DME and a more accurate autopilot pitch control amongst other things.:engel016:

Tako_Kichi
January 23rd, 2012, 13:03
Thanks for the update Bazzar as I wasn't aware of those changes as I don't have the aircraft. I rarely fly 4-engined aircraft and only gave it a cursory glance when it was announced/released.

Stan V.
January 23rd, 2012, 13:37
Just to clarify, there was some criticism of the shapes around the nose and cockpit, early on, when first shots were published. The model was later amended over accurate drawings and entire cockpit "pod" reworked. I can assure you that the shape is now accurate. I must apologise for the roundel hiccup, one that slipped the net. Since release, the first upgrade/patch has been released, adding DME and a more accurate autopilot pitch control amongst other things.:engel016:

Bazzar,

Can you give the approximate date of the upgrade? I bought it rather late (Nov 2011) and I most likely have an updated version but it never hurts to check ...