PDA

View Full Version : Oh I Just Give Up!

dougal
January 21st, 2012, 06:46
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/360471-robbed/

I know it's crazy, but sometimes it helps just a little to know that others understand the heartache and anger!

EDIT: so much for flying my new F15 any time soon eh:blind:

kilo delta
January 21st, 2012, 07:03
Sorry to hear that Dougal95.

Our house was burgled about 6/7 years ago...luckily the guy that did it only took what he could fit in his pockets and ran. Since then we've got a dog...and a shed full of power tools c/w adequate gag material. To quote the movie line, next guy who tries to break in.."I'm gonna get medieval on your ass". :kilroy:

AndyG43
January 21st, 2012, 07:12
That sucks dougal95. I had the 'pleasure' of being burgled 4 times in 3 1/2 months, you get to the stage where you are afraid to leave the house; hope you can get sorted quickly.

dougal
January 21st, 2012, 07:22
That sucks dougal95. I had the 'pleasure' of being burgled 4 times in 3 1/2 months, you get to the stage where you are afraid to leave the house; hope you can get sorted quickly.

Ouch! and i though i was unlucky!

Naismith
January 21st, 2012, 08:47
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I read your Avsim thread. Be grateful you had your dogs with you and you had not left them at home, I learned from experience this particular "type" of suspect will poison dogs to get in. We used to live in the Essex bit of London, man across the street (a hardbitten costamonger you would be unwise to cross) had two beautiful but psychotic Dobermanns. Travellers moved in to a field nearby, within a week his dogs were dead and he'd been robbed. Burglaries in the area soared. Police are powerless in light of their human rights. It is one reason amongst many others that when I retired we left. I hope you can get up and running ASAP. Burglary is one of those personal vioaltion crimes that there is no describing.

dougal
January 21st, 2012, 08:56
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I read your Avsim thread. Be grateful you had your dogs with you and you had not left them at home, I learned from experience this particular "type" of suspect will poison dogs to get in. We used to live in the Essex bit of London, man across the street (a hardbitten costamonger you would be unwise to cross) had two beautiful but psychotic Dobermanns. Travellers moved in to a field nearby, within a week his dogs were dead and he'd been robbed. Burglaries in the area soared. Police are powerless in light of their human rights. It is one reason amongst many others that when I retired we left. I hope you can get up and running ASAP. Burglary is one of those personal vioaltion crimes that there is no describing.

Hi Naith

As I recall, I live just a few miles from you! we're not far from Frome.

We too moved here from Essex. Ilford ! About the worst part of Essex there is for this crime. It's basically WHY we moved here!!!!!

The last time we were robbed in Ilford, it turned out to be non other than out NEXTDOOR NEIGHBOUR! The police recovered almost all our stuff that time.

Apparantly, he was angry that our cat was troubling his fish:jump:

Naruto-kun
January 21st, 2012, 09:16
The pathetic reasons some people will go crazy over....

OBIO
January 21st, 2012, 14:24
Dougal

Sorry to hear that you were burgled. That sucks!

The last few tax returns have been spent buying new, nicer stuff. Plasma HD TV, new living room furniture, bought my wife a new PC, built myself a nice powerhouse system. I told my wife that it was high time we insured our stuff. So, we took out a very broad spectrum renter's policy that covers nearly every possible way our possessions could be lost to us (theft, vandalism, fire, earthquake, tornado, volcano, riots...basically everything but floods, war/terrorism and accidental or deliberate detonation of an atomic or nuclear device..it even covers lightning strikes and power surges). Sets us back about $30 month...but that $30 a month gives us piece of mind knowing that if we were to loose everything, we would be able to replace it. Not everything...it would not replace the antiques we have, our photographs, or animals...but all of our furniture, appliances, clothing, extensive collection of movie DVDs and music CDs would be covered. And we have a $100,000 personal liability coverage as part of that renter's insurance....if anyone sues us for what ever reason, the insurance company will provide us with legal counsel and cover up to a $100,00 liability award.

Yeah...$30 well spent each month.

OBIO

CodyValkyrie
January 21st, 2012, 14:33
I am very sorry to hear about your troubles. That truly is a shame. I am very thankful to live in a small town, and while these things happen on occasion (very rarely), I suspect much of it has to do with the fact that everyone around here owns a gun. I try to also explain to my friends why it is a bad idea to make posts on Facebook about leaving the house, etc.... but I suspect they don't much get it. I hope they can get your stuff back.

Roger
January 21st, 2012, 14:41
Really sorry Dougal, it stinks!

jeansy
January 21st, 2012, 15:56
sorry to hear bud

what i want to say will be edited by the mods so i will keep it short and sweet, ######## ###holes

peter12213
January 21st, 2012, 16:04
sorry to hear bud

what i want to say will be edited by the mods so i will keep it short and sweet, ######## ###holes

So sorry mate, Matt's post sums it up really, hope there caught soon!:salute:

IRIS
January 21st, 2012, 17:28
Sorry to read this Dougal. Blergh, nothing like a burglary to make life crap eh?
*touch wood* we haven't had anything like that here, when I was younger though my Grandparents house was done over, and my neighbours too and it was horrible, I was a victim of it by extension, and it was crap, so being the direct person, well, I can't say, other than, they need a kick in the pants, with a 4x2.

The guys offer valid advice to anyone, a cheap but effective insurance, don't post you're out, don't use "check-in" on FB & other sites, own a gun (LOL), and live in a small town. :-) People wonder why I get snarky about people "checking me in" on FB, 4Square & so on.

Hope your weekend gets better.

D&K

Skyhawk_310R
January 21st, 2012, 17:33
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/360471-robbed/

I know it's crazy, but sometimes it helps just a little to know that others understand the heartache and anger!

EDIT: so much for flying my new F15 any time soon eh:blind:

Man, that is rotten and hard to take! I hope the cops find the scum who robbed you in your home!

Ken

imn2sims
January 21st, 2012, 19:46
Sorry to her that and I know how you feel as I had my $3000 gaming laptop stolen also. Funny thing was I couldn't decide if I was more upset about the money or the fact that I couldn't fly FSX:confused:. Took me six months to save up for another and I had "replacement" homeowners insurance. Of course their idea of replacement factors in depreciation so you only get about 2/3 the cost and have to fill out all kinds of paperwork and supply more documentation than you can believe. Oh. sorry, I guess I'm not helping am I. Good luck anyways.

Steve

Gdavis101
January 21st, 2012, 22:04
That is terrible.. I don't think matters where you live anymore.

Mr.Mugel
January 22nd, 2012, 03:24
Very sorry to hear that.

I know how I felt when I had my mountainbike stolen. Got the money for the basic bike back, but had to add all the components myself again. And it wasn´t easy finding something in the same price / value range. That was during my apprenticeship, when money was pretty tight anyway. I think it was better that I have not met that guy with the bike, I guess he would have had an accident.

Take a look forward, better times will allways come. And in the meantime, enjoy the little things!

Bjoern
January 22nd, 2012, 08:59
A new PC?
Dammit, that blows. :/

I know how I felt when I had my mountainbike stolen. Got the money for the basic bike back, but had to add all the components myself again. And it wasn´t easy finding something in the same price / value range. That was during my apprenticeship, when money was pretty tight anyway. I think it was better that I have not met that guy with the bike, I guess he would have had an accident.

Same here.

dougal
January 23rd, 2012, 02:35
Just thought I'd drop by here again to say a HUGE THANKS to all the people and developers who've shown me great empathy and support.

A very special thanks goes out to David, Karen and the team at IRIS Simulations, who have been just fantastic behind the scenes.

Also to Colin Milviz.

There's a lot happening with cross-over Police investigations, but I won't double post here.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate you guys!

IRIS
January 23rd, 2012, 18:24
It was our pleasure Dougal! Adrian at The Flight Sim Store was the true hero, he managed to get it all done for us :D

I hope you get some of this resolved soon, I know the Police have a lot on their plate, so let's hope some answers are found for you.

Let me know if we can help you further.

Karen & David

Ark
January 23rd, 2012, 19:00
Sorry to hear that, Dougal. :(

My wife had her car stolen on our wedding day.