PDA

View Full Version : Still some nice people in the world.

lifejogger
December 19th, 2008, 06:31
Who was she? Couple would like to know

Nice article.

http://www.amarillo.com/stories/121908/new_12069352.shtml

cheezyflier
December 19th, 2008, 06:58
very cool!

Snuffy
December 19th, 2008, 07:37
Something you don't see much of these days.

Congrats on her ... :ernae:

Daveroo
December 19th, 2008, 10:10
this reminds me of a situation my dad and i had...

i worked for my dad as a plumber,we used the same truck since my dad is disabled..i drove..anyway..we were leaving the area my folks lived in one day after lunch,this car cut out of a street in front of us,cut us off,,she had run the stop sign and seemed in a big hurry..as she tore into the intersection and made her left turn...something came flying off the roof of her car..dad realised it was her purse...

i pulled over and we kinda waited,but the woman just speeded off into the dust,,,dad and i spent atleast 10 minutes or more picking up EVERYTHING from her purse...even some paperclips that maynot have been hers...

we drove back to dads place..called her number on her checking account and left a message we had her purse at the house and he would be home after 5...and we went back to work..(this was pre cellphones)

we got to the house about 4:55pm....at the house were two police cars,,,the cadilac that had cut us off and lost the purse and my moms car,,,,,,went in and the woman,2 cops and my mom..who was crying..were all in the dinningroom...
this woman had the gall to call the police and tell them we STOLE the purse..joke was on her though..one cop was our nieghbor and the other cop was my best friend and the borther of my GF at the time....she tried to convince the cops we had stolen it off her car...then when she realised she was loosing....she grabbed her purse..opened her wallet....which had over $500.00 in cash in it..counted it..then turned to my best friend Steve and said..theyve stolen from me for certin..i had $1500.00 in here....i just said BS..and asked steve to go to the bedroom and call her husband and ask how much she had....he came back out and told the woman she lied one more time..he would arrest her....she called us all names and left.....

6 months later...we got a call for a toilet that was running and water on the floor.....it was the same woman.......she got charged 120 dollars for a service charge...lol

Dain Arns
December 19th, 2008, 15:54
I flew out to Portland to visit my Aunt. I got the usual run around from the rental car agency about not having anymore of the type of car I reserved. They finally put me in a Lincoln Towncar, an upgrade, for no extra cash. It was a pretty sweet ride.

While I was traveling around Portland, I felt a nudge against my foot an intersection. I pulled a very large daily planner (tells you how many years ago this happened) from underneath the street. It was a very expensive leather bound one, had some cash in it, and belonged to a Physician in Florida. I knew I had to absolutely return it as quickly as I could because it had all of the pictures of his kids in it as well. I'd want someone to do the same for me.

I sent it out UPS one-day to the address listed in the cover and didn't think twice about it. My mother called me up a couple days later. Their phone number was listed, and the Doctor must have found it. She said he was on the verge of tears, he thought he had lost it forever, and there were some very special pictures of his kids he was thankful for getting back. He called me and thanked me, wanting to know how much I wanted for a reward. I told him I did want one, just if it ever happened he found someone's property to return the favor.

Well, he didn't listen. He sent me a case of Florida's finest grapefruit and another of oranges. He really didn't need to do that, but they were pretty tasty. We never really got really great fruit in Montana sometimes, it was during the winter, so it was better than any amount of cash could have ever been. Haven't thought about it for years now. Glad to hear someone else raised their daughter up right... :kilroy:

MCDesigns
December 19th, 2008, 16:21
I had this happen to me a few years back. Went to garden ridge in Hurst to get a couple of silk trees that were on sale. It was just about closing time and I loaded them in my truck and headed back home to Los Colinas when I realized my leather daytimer was not on the seat next to me, then I realized I must have left it in the buggy. Turned around and 20 minutes later i was back and they were closed. I went up to the door, banged on it for a few minutes and a female employee came out and asked me my name, I told her and she said 'this must be yours" and handed me my binder. This thing was basically my wallet, I kept all my credit cards in it as well as my DL and I had $800 in cash at the time in it. The girl told me a lady found it in one of the carts as she was getting into her car and brought it in to the store. I checked and everything was still in there, I was shocked. As much as I tend to see the bad in people it's really nice to be proved wrong from time to time.

Lionheart
December 19th, 2008, 21:58
Some awesome stories...

except yours David. Sorry that happened.

Bill