PDA

View Full Version : FIRE..in January,,,,,4000 ares in Washoe county

Daveroo
January 20th, 2012, 08:43
this goes to show what a bad winter we are having in the california/nevada area...very dry..its raining at my house now..started last night at 5pm..and has dropped 0.67" since..at time of typing its 09:35am..im am in auburn ca,,,this fire is in the reno area..which is 125 miles east of me...i heard about it because they announced on the scanner that there was a local area strike team (LRA) sent last night including one engine and a water tender (5000 gal,mounted on a kenworth chasis) from auburn city,,and they are setting up a second LRA strike team now....just amasing to me that were in january and were having wildfires...when i was active,we were sent to los angeles several times..but i was on a LRA strike team sent to Yellowstone during that big fire,we got to Elko NV when they diverted us to an imediate need fire in the Elko area,we spent three days on that fire and then were sent home....never did make it to yellowstone...i was really disappointed...but i guess it had begun snowing on the fire...

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/01/20/nevada-brush-fire-burns-20-homes