PDA

View Full Version : new aerosoft f16 radar not working online?

mangold
December 19th, 2008, 02:16
According to screenshots and f16 manual the radar and HUD are a serious approach to Falcon4 software.
I am doing nearly all my FSX flying online IVAO or VATSIM.
So having contact to some aerosoft f16 v1.10 owners .
None of them managed to make the panel radar "see" online traffic.
Any comments or observations here?
Aerosoft website keeps quient on this question.

I am willing to become an AS customer however the outstanding product components like radar plus HUD m u s t work online and not only with AI traffic.
Günter

jmig
December 19th, 2008, 07:44
According to screenshots and f16 manual the radar and HUD are a serious approach to Falcon4 software.
I am doing nearly all my FSX flying online IVAO or VATSIM.
So having contact to some aerosoft f16 v1.10 owners .
None of them managed to make the panel radar "see" online traffic.
Any comments or observations here?
Aerosoft website keeps quient on this question.

I am willing to become an AS customer however the outstanding product components like radar plus HUD m u s t work online and not only with AI traffic.
Günter

I have the plane and fly it a lot. However, I never fly online.

If the F-16 forum guys over at Aerosoft don't respond, I doubt it works online. The guy who did the avionics (I forget his name) is a frequent poster over there. If you posted, I am sure he saw your post.

Now, I could be completely wrong about it not working online. Wouldn't be the first I am wrong and I doubt the last. :costumes:

DPS
December 19th, 2008, 08:39
Aerosoft have been pretty good in the past, but if you want to have a fully functioning F-16 radar get yourself a copy of the Falcon 4 Allied Force game - it will be dead cheap now as it's three or four years old. Take it for a spin over Bosnia or N. Korea and you'll see plenty of MiGs painting on the scope (or should I say MFD). And you'll need three or four days free to study the manual.

Meso
December 19th, 2008, 10:12
it works via LAN, never tried it online via fshost or gamespy though.

regards,

Meso

brettt777
December 20th, 2008, 19:06
Hey I have a question for you guys that have the Aerosoft F-16. How do you turn the MFD's on? I can get everything else to work including the HUD but niether MFD shows anything. What am I missing?

jmig
December 20th, 2008, 19:10
Hey I have a question for you guys that have the Aerosoft F-16. How do you turn the MFD's on? I can get everything else to work including the HUD but niether MFD shows anything. What am I missing?

Switch on the right hand Avionics panel. One of the four switches on top. It must be on. Also, make sure you than the 1.1 update. I think there was a problem with some of the MFD for some people. They came out with a fix a couple days after release.