PDA

View Full Version : Searching for "Crystal Clear" Canadian CF-18 repaints ! ! !

VaporZ
January 20th, 2012, 03:35
Searching for "Crystal Clear" Canadian CF-18 repaints ! ! !

I am searching for "Crystal Clear" RCAF Operational CF-18 repaints for the
FSX Legacy F-18.

Everything I have found on various FlightSim websites are totally "blurred" repaints
probably due to repetitive formating / reformating + compressing / decompressing
process.

Cockpit, pilot and landing gear are generally "Crystal Clear" but the entire surface of the
airplane are totally blurred.

Its quite annoying !

Are "Crystal Clear" RCAF CF-18 repaints available ?

I am particularly searching for repaints of operational CF-18 of Bagotville
425 "Allouettes" Squadron and now disbanded 433 "Porc-Épic" Squadron.

Thanks in advance for the help !
:kilroy:
VaporZ

skyhawka4m
January 20th, 2012, 03:39
Can't you run the supplied textures through DXTBMP to clear them up?

VaporZ
January 20th, 2012, 04:04
Can't you run the supplied textures through DXTBMP to clear them up?

I have some knowledge about the DXTBMP sotware.
Can you explain to me how to perfrom the clear up process with a step by step tutorial ?

Thanks in advance !
:wavey:
VaporZ

Victory103
January 20th, 2012, 04:11
Although the VRS is my primary Bug in FSX, I do still follow and download the Sludge updates to the stock FSX rocketship. The guys at FSX Blue Angels released their version and it includes many CF-18 repaints in the package, but I don't know if they are blurred or not, as they could be the exact same repaints you are finding.

skyhawka4m
January 20th, 2012, 05:02
basicly you want to open a texture from the available skins....then resave it as either a DXT3 or %...I use DXT3...but make sure mipmaps on the right hand side of the screen is off. doing this should help to make the skins much nicer and sharper.

weeebbz
January 20th, 2012, 06:47
the best cf-18 paints that i know of ar by sivicar you can find them on flightsim.com by sercahing ray gagon he does a great job i use them for my virtual aerobatic displays on fsx i hope this help and yes he has a 425 and 433 squadron as well 410 409 and many other special paint schemes

letourn
January 20th, 2012, 15:02
The Sludge and the FSX Blue Angels Legacy have both canadian paints from Ray "svicar" Gagnon with some minor modification. like already said you can find the original paints on flightsim.

VaporZ
January 21st, 2012, 00:03
basicly you want to open a texture from the available skins....then resave it as either a DXT3 or %...I use DXT3...but make sure mipmaps on the right hand side of the screen is off. doing this should help to make the skins much nicer and sharper.

Thank you Skyhawk4M for this tip !

I had Ray Gagnon's CF-18 "425 Sqdn" lowviz repaint but it was totally blurred.

I process each file of this repaint with Martin Wright's DxtBmp software, resaving each of them "DXT5" with the mipmaps box "off".
It worked perfectly and the surface of this repaint is now "Crystal Clear" and very sharp !

I will now download and install all other Ray Gagnon's CF-18 repaints resaving them the same way.

Thanks again !
:ernae:
VaporZ

svicar
January 21st, 2012, 11:19
Glad to see you were able to sort out the blurriness issue although I am not quite sure why my skins are not as sharp for you as they are for me.

This one is unedited

Would it be possible to post a screen shot of what you are experiencing? I haven't had any feed back regarding this from anyone else thus far but that is not to say that no one has experienced it. If there is problem with the textures that can be fixed I certainly don't mind doing the edits as I want the recipients to be happy with thier downloads.

Also, I have completed some minor edits to my skins to include tip rail detail (as seen in the above screen shot), and if you are interested in including them, let me know which schemes you have and I will send them your way.

skyhawka4m
January 21st, 2012, 17:15
you're very welcome VAPOR....always glad to help another :salute: