PDA

View Full Version : Captian there is a bit of a draft?

gigabyte
January 19th, 2012, 18:21
Ok I guess it's time to format the FSX Drive and re-install, unless someone has a quick idea of what causes this and how to fix it?

I am getting the same effect on several planes in my hanger some port overs some native, never noticed this before and I have only added one aircraft in the past several months - Bill's newest, and the one in the pick worked after I added that, this just started yesterday, 4 different planes so far but I am sure there will be more, any thoughts?

Tako_Kichi
January 19th, 2012, 18:25
Have you got DX10 Preview turned on by any chance Mike?

tankerguy72
January 19th, 2012, 18:29
Do you have Acceleration installed?

gigabyte
January 19th, 2012, 18:56
No to DX10 Preview, and Yes to acceleration, the only thing I have changed in the past few months was an update to the video drivers but that was 6 weeks ago and this just started 2 days ago, very weird. I checked and defraged the drive tonight, no bad sectors, and it had hardly any fragmented files but I do that regularly anyway.

glennc
January 19th, 2012, 20:11
Not much help - just a bit of sympathy. I had that happen one time with one airplane. It hasn't been back since. I posted a screen shot very much like yours. There were a couple suggestions but I don't remember any of the details. If you search for my name about three months ago you might find the thread. The video card I had at the time was an ATI 5770. I've since replaced it with an NVidia GTX550.

Glenn

Tako_Kichi
January 19th, 2012, 20:39
I remember seeing this issue before with port overs in FSX SP1 but I thought SP2/Accel had fixed it.

mfitch
January 19th, 2012, 20:40
The last time I had this effect it was solved by using Bojot's optimization site (http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html). Some setting in FSX were messed up and this fixed it.

modelr
January 20th, 2012, 06:23
Mine did some stuff like that after adding the Shockwave lights to a bunch of aircraft. I went to test them, and a whole bunch of aircraft, some not with lights installed, had textures and objects,(interior parts) coming through the skins and parts of airplane. Even took a bunch of screenshots. Did a defrag, which I also do regularly, and a reboot of the computer, as well as cleaning out some dust from inside my box in the video card fan, and it has never returned.

Pronto91
January 20th, 2012, 09:10
Might be a corrupted 'texture.cgf' file in the problem texture file; then again maybe not.

pilottj
January 20th, 2012, 11:16
I had a problem like that before. Bill Womack had a fix that worked for me from this thread.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?55937-fsx-cfg-tweak-for-missing-exteriors

gigabyte
January 21st, 2012, 19:42
Thanks so much folks, the highmem fix seems to do the trick, when I reread that thread I remembered it from before and thought I had already added those tweaks but when I checked they were not in my fsx.cfg and I started with the highmem=1 and poof the draft problem was solved now no more screaming passengers, well at least not until I try to land, that is never pretty...

Bjoern
January 22nd, 2012, 08:54
It took me three minutes to figure out that the plane from pic one is a L-188.

Not good, not good at all...