PDA

View Full Version : Depression in the Pacific theater

ckissling
January 19th, 2012, 17:33
(start rant)
The pilots and aircrews of the army air corps in the Pacific and CBI theaters are suffering from depression,
in the form of "LOT" (lack of targets). Yes,we do have some airfields to fly from/and or bomb. But no heavy
bomber bases in China for U.S. aircraft (fighters and bombers) to fly from to bomb mainland Japan,coastal
China or Formosa.
Even if we had the bases, what would we bomb-some airfields, yes but no ports-cities or industrial sites.
We can't even bomb near a Geisha house and see ehat comes running out and what they have on, the only
fun might be dumping fuel on a rice paddy.
Japan is a missing target that was ket to winning the war. (end of rant)
ckissling

bearcat241
January 19th, 2012, 17:42
Sounds like a good time and opportunity for learning something new CK...never too late to jump into the designer's ring. ;)

ckissling
January 19th, 2012, 18:52
Bearcat241

I do wish I had more time to do things, or at my age more time. I still have things for CFS2 unfinished.
My point is there is not much if anything inside Japan. Europe has been filled with good stuff, MR has
great airfields in the Pacific. If you wrote a misson for that B-25 The ruptured duck, it would be thirty
seconds over an empty field. There is no Tokyo to bomb.
ckissling

bearcat241
January 19th, 2012, 19:05
...If you wrote a misson for that B-25 The ruptured duck, it would be thirty
ckissling

Good point indeed. But there is quick and dirty solution w/o a full bore scenery build for Tokyo, using your example. Using available CFS2 stock and add-on infrastructure models, just use mission builder to put together a layout file that simulates a city like Tokyo and put the layout in any mission built involving that area. Or use the layout to create a GSL city package for that area which is always visible, even in FF and QC. It doesn't have to be a heavy concentration of structures - just enough to take care of the barren look at that location w/o dragging down your frame rates.

Talon
January 19th, 2012, 19:14
Bearcat241

I do wish I had more time to do things, or at my age more time. I still have things for CFS2 unfinished.
My point is there is not much if anything inside Japan. Europe has been filled with good stuff, MR has
great airfields in the Pacific. If you wrote a misson for that B-25 The ruptured duck, it would be thirty
ckissling

There are plenty of airfields for Japan made by Xavier and some are in the Tokyo area. Use them as a starting point and add Tokyo as you want it/ Like Bearcat said there's alot of structures out there to do it.

Talon

Ian Astill
January 19th, 2012, 23:09
Adding infrastructure by GSL is one of the easier things to master within the game, have a look for Lindsey Watt's GSL tutorial, it will explain most aspects of the process

Shadow Wolf 07
January 20th, 2012, 03:33
(start rant)
The pilots and aircrews of the army air corps in the Pacific and CBI theaters are suffering from depression,
in the form of "LOT" (lack of targets). Yes,we do have some airfields to fly from/and or bomb. But no heavy
bomber bases in China for U.S. aircraft (fighters and bombers) to fly from to bomb mainland Japan,coastal
China or Formosa.
Even if we had the bases, what would we bomb-some airfields, yes but no ports-cities or industrial sites.
We can't even bomb near a Geisha house and see ehat comes running out and what they have on, the only
fun might be dumping fuel on a rice paddy.
Japan is a missing target that was ket to winning the war. (end of rant)
ckissling

XavierB has some Japanese coastal bases and installations in the archive. I use them in 2 of my campaigns. (Japan Mainland Airfields - 2006 Edition By XavierB: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=7688 )
I think he has some on the other islands as well. The ones I use are mostly in the Tokyo/Yokohama area. You could always add factoies and structures to them using simple MB placement or in GSL addition. Give those a look and see if they have what you want.